• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is it time for us to start eating insects?

Millions of creatures are killed when planting and harvesting crops. You cannot live on earth and actually be a true vegan.

Who's "us" kemo sabe? Humans in general have always been situationally insectivorous, it's just the one weirdo religious movement that decided they were unclean. And I certainly don't see why a bunch of atheists would care about Biblical prohibitions against crawly things, aside from accepting the associated social convention uncritically.

I'm fond of the little garlic salt dredged grasshoppers they sell at gas stations out here. They taste more like garlic than anything in particular, but they're crunchy, and healthier than cheetos if one must have a road snack.

Its hard to argue with the science. From a nutritional standpoint, humans would live longer and be far better off eating insects compared to consuming the pesticides used by farmers to kill them.

It is all what you are used to. But I still say the best solution is just fewer humans trying to live on a planet with finite resources. And as it currently is, humans still have an option to eat bugs during an ultimate "shit hit the fan" scenario. Because if we are already used to consuming bugs, where else can you go from there?

Its hard to argue with the science. From a nutritional standpoint, humans would live longer and be far better off eating insects compared to consuming the pesticides used by farmers to kill them.

It is all what you are used to. But I still say the best solution is just fewer humans trying to live on a planet with finite resources. And as it currently is, humans still have an option to eat bugs during an ultimate "shit hit the fan" scenario. Because if we are already used to consuming bugs, where else can you go from there?

I'd much rather kill insects than human beings actually.

Back
Top Bottom