• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Religious Faith just another Religious Myth

Math means confusion without contextual words; who's going to understand and explain what the math says with the appropiate words?
but the math is the important part.
You get hung up on what the words say to you, without understanding the math, then get upset when people point out you're wrong because you use tge words wrong.

Like, you can read a novel. Or you can read the summary on the dust jacket and pretend you know what the novel is about. But when the lit major says you got it wrong, you probably should consider you got it wrong.

Nicely put. Short and elegant.

Hey hold on! You're stealing our line (in bold) or you're switching debating roles. It does look like theists have something in common with the fellows at Cern... there WAS a beginning (planets, material world and stuff) and there was something before.

Oh, Darling me, more of the cutesy semantics about "beginnings." I hope those CERN people eventually find the magic ghost that causes everything.

What ever makes you "feel good."

I can't tell you that exact date when your parents begot you but you certainly didn't exist over a hundred years ago ...as you are now, moogly the conscious human being.

Did any parts of me exist?

I don't expect you to answer.

FIFY

I took the liberty in bold to clarify the context. So what you are asking then is a lttle different and to the question " Did any parts of me exist (before you were born) I say yes those parts existed before in that context, just as Adam is said to have been made from the earth before he was human.

It's incontrovertible scientific fact that every part of me already was in existence when my parents "begot" me. As someone who believes in phantoms you might make some claim that the Moogly spook was not already there. Humorous.

Same answer above.

So, if you accept that Moogly 'existed' nefore he was arranged as Moogly, why balk at the lesson this teaches, that the universe also may have 'existed' before the collection we call The Universe was arranged?

So, if you accept that Moogly 'existed' nefore he was arranged as Moogly, why balk at the lesson this teaches, that the universe also may have 'existed' before the collection we call The Universe was arranged?

Yes quite, before a universe got arranged.

Math means confusion without contextual words; who's going to understand and explain what the math says with the appropiate words?

I suppose I don't need to dance around NOT lacking in a little common sense, but at least - there's a wealth of knowledge out there available to look up instantly... should something in the discussion comes up.

You try to frame complex issues in very simplistic narrow terms, which is what literal Christians do.

Possibly I may have done once or twice, but I'd say, some simple issues, people try to make complex.

All must fit in some way in scripture. Masturbation(mental) may make you feel good, but the only person you are fooling is yourself.

Fitting to scripture or what ever position you take could be tested on the individuals merit. And beside from the look of your posts ... some of you seem to have been "feeling good" for quite some time.

What you are really saying is 'I do not really understand math and science and the words used confuse me'.

Luther got rid the Catholic stranglehold on interpretation and orthodoxy. Now everybody can read scripture, commune with god without a priest intermediary, and form your own interpretation. And today we have the multiplicity of Christian protestant sects not all of which like each other. We have thousands of impended Evangelical churches, each with its own brand. Plus individual independent Christians who are a sect unto themselves.

There is no objective test of interpretation. That is why it is religious faith not science. That is why we respond to the perennial attempts by American Christians to impose what they think is biblical morality on the rest of us.

That is why we point out the moral hypocrisy of Christians.

Arranged?

earthquakes
hurricanes
gamma ray bursts that can fry the planet
droughts
plagues
genetic defects
birth defects

Whoever did the arranging did not do a very good job. Unless of course it is all god's plan. Which is one of the Christian fallback positions.

I can't comprehend god's plan but I know there is one for me, inspire of all the problems inherent in the 'arrangement'.

Then there is the 'disasters are punishment from god because of homosexuality'. Beyond contemptible.

Whoever did the arranging is one mean and cruel son of a bitch who expects worship and adoration for pain and suffering.

Arranged?

earthquakes
hurricanes
droughts
plagues
genetic defects
birth defects

Whoever did the arranging did not do a very good job. Unless of course it is all god's plan. Which is one of the Christian fallback positions.

I can't comprehend god's plan but I know there is one for me, inspire of all the problems inherent in the 'arrangement'.

Then there is the 'disasters are punishment from god because of homosexuality'. Beyond contemptible.

Whoever did the arranging is one mean and cruel son of a bitch who expects worship and adoration for pain and suffering.

It was perfect once ...and it shall be again! (I'm sure you read the scripture)

Arranged?

earthquakes
hurricanes
droughts
plagues
genetic defects
birth defects

QED For Christians all things must be made to fit in an ancient writing of unknown authorship. How do I know it is true? Because it is written!

Thank you sincerely for great belly laugh to end the day.

So, the KLM is about being arranged, not beginning. That's an interesting thought and I'm going to let it rattle around a bit. Just off the top however, are there any "arrangements" that are static or is everything always being arranged?

Take me for example and your claim that I began when I was "arranged." There was never a point of static arrangement, everything was always changing. Nothing ever stopped. Even today I am constantly changing, my arrangement is constantly changing. Perhaps you are on, or on to, something but it isn't about arrangement rather quite the opposite.

Lol ok steve what ever makes you "feel good." :D

(Off to bed good night all)

Ahhgggg! Oh No! He is using my own words against me! A foul immoral tactic Zeus help me! A thunderbolt right now would help.

BTW I generally feel pretty good. No depression over my medical hindrnces.

I chalk it up to my now good diet and daily exercise. No god needed. Just willpower to do it.

No anxiety. No fear of death. And so on. Way back I started posting on religion mostly as an education into the Certainty I am faced with everyday. Now it is more about staying mentally active, so keep those challenging posts coming.

When I am not here I am not thinking about atheism, I do not walk around as an 'atheist'.

Moogly said:
I can't tell you that exact date when your parents begot you but you certainly didn't exist over a hundred years ago ...as you are now, moogly the conscious human being.

Did any parts of me exist?

I took the liberty in bold to clarify the context. So what you are asking then is a lttle different and to the question " Did any parts of me exist (before you were born) I say yes those parts existed before in that context, just as Adam is said to have been made from the earth before he was human.

So learner is saying that you aren’t a human until you are born. Or at leas untuil you are conscious. Obviously, you are not you when you are conceived.
This is fun.

LOL, yeah, remember when it was perfect? When it included a talking snake that wanted to do evil and contained a tree that if you ate from it, evil befell you and all of your descendents?

LOL can we get that “perfect” back?

So learner is saying that you aren’t a human until you are born. Or at leas untuil you are conscious. Obviously, you are not you when you are conceived.
This is fun.

Good to hear it. Why make any real point when Rhea's being positive.:)

Last edited:
Lol ok steve what ever makes you "feel good." :D

(Off to bed good night all)

Ahhgggg! Oh No! He is using my own words against me! A foul immoral tactic Zeus help me! A thunderbolt right now would help.

BTW I generally feel pretty good. No depression over my medical hindrnces.

I chalk it up to my now good diet and daily exercise. No god needed. Just willpower to do it.

No anxiety. No fear of death. And so on. Way back I started posting on religion mostly as an education into the Certainty I am faced with everyday. Now it is more about staying mentally active, so keep those challenging posts coming.

When I am not here I am not thinking about atheism, I do not walk around as an 'atheist'.

Zeus must have reminded you that you're still using scripture against believers so you're still on track with mutual protocol. Don't worry yourself.

God has been saying that for quite some time. You have the potential and the WILL to do good things.

LOL, yeah, remember when it was perfect? When it included a talking snake that wanted to do evil and contained a tree that if you ate from it, evil befell you and all of your descendents?

LOL can we get that “perfect” back?

Unfortunately ...it won't be the same. I believe the talking snake and few others won't be there. You'll still enjoy it though if that still suits you.

If there is division and conflict, it can't be a Divine Paradise. As the story goes, God placed division and conflict into His Paradise Garden in the form of forbidden fruit, a naive couple and a consummate Tempter. What could go wrong....

If there is division and conflict, it can't be a Divine Paradise. As the story goes, God placed division and conflict into His Paradise Garden in the form of forbidden fruit, a naive couple and a consummate Tempter. What could go wrong....

There were two tempters in paradise as the story highlights and as you put it,. Both being placed there, Satan got tempted too because of Adam. Both the Angels and Mankind will be accountable for what they do, being independently willed entities.

Back
Top Bottom