• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Trump being poisoned?

I don't see that he's any different now than he was at any time prior.

His bullshitter act is still the same. To lie is muscle memory; it's what he's done for so long and so indiscriminately without consequence that he doesn't understand that what he says now has a far different effect than what it meant at any other time in his life.

His work habits are still the same. He was a semi-retired guy who, when he did work, only took projects he wanted and that were low stress. The rest of the time he spent golfing. And that's still what he's trying to do now. So if there is stress, that's where the conflict lies. It's not coming from understanding the staggering responsibility that comes with the job. It's coming from the fact that he can't do what he wants, when he wants.

I bet he hides in the White House residence and fantasizes about how great, tremendous, and fantastic Trump TV would've been. He could've made an appearance here and there, had millions of fans, and the worst thing that could happen was that it'd go under--and it's not like he hasn't been through that before. But by and large life would've gone just the same as it always. So maybe being trapped in the Office is its own form of poetic justice.

Emotionally, he's a needy child full of malevolence. I wish his poll numbers would dip south of 30 -- expecting more isn't likely -- but I'd love to see him cope with approvals in the 20s, to really know how much he's disliked. The week he stumped for Alabama Roy, his polls were trending at 32%. Surely there's a few percent of his mob that will wake up to the fact that he's a liar and that the Forgotten Man act is one of his biggest lies.

Looked less insane? He provided conflicting details as to what is acceptable and wasn't particular on target with his demands. He has shown little interest in developing policy, so this isn't exactly a thumbs up on political competency. This was an operation of distraction from the book.
He did not covfefe

Sometimes, in the interest of the good for the many, one may be forced to harm the few.
With the "sudden" apparent decline in Trump's mental capacity, evidenced by his staff's statements, your own ears when you listen to him, his dwindling hours in public view, and Trump's own statements to staff that his greatest fear is being assassinated by poison, questions in my mind have been raised.

Is it possible that Trump has been slowly poisoned... one coke at a time? Will he be removed from office on a stretcher when he finally collapses in a coma? Is this the "contingency plan" that the FBI was internally referring to?

What's changed is not his mental state, but their ability to conceal it.

On this, I agree. As a New York dickhead... I mean "developer", he could get away with his "eccentric" ways. Now he lives in a fish bowl.

Yes, but in this particular case he looks much less insane.

Ya sure, until you listen to what he actually says. Looking presidential to him seems to mean agreeing with whatever anyone says, regardless of the fact that all those things with which he "agrees" are contradictory. Any given 30-second excerpt looks okay on its own, but the larger picture reveals a vacuous empty suit role-player who is simply mouthing words for instant approval, and never stating any position on anything whatsoever.

That's exactly what this was. This was an attempt by the White House to assure the American public that no, Trump has not lost his mind. See? Look, he's smiling and considering alternate positions from everyone. As you say, Trump agreed with everyone that spoke, even if their statements conflicted with each other. The man has no idea about policy or legislation of any kind. None. He simply signs whatever is put in front of hm, and then proceeds with the one thing he's actually good at. Causing collateral damage to the country through his own behavior.

It's also pretty easy to see by a great many of hs recent past policy decisions that it's the evangelicals that have his ear. They're getting almost everything they want through him. I would love to be a fly on the wall and actually watch and see who is manipulating him to what end. The atmosphere there has to be so toxic!

I still think that if he is ingesting twelve (12!) cans of Diet Coke a day, he is being poisoned. The poisoner is himself.

I still think that if he is ingesting twelve (12!) cans of Diet Coke a day, he is being poisoned. The poisoner is himself.

You're right about that. So much refined sugar has got to have an adverse effect, especially on a person with such poor impulse control to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom