• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I've been telling y'all and you've been laughing.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
After Senate Votes to Acquit, Trump Shares Bizarre Video Suggesting He Will Be President '4eva'

Newsweek

He CAN'T give up the Presidency, regardless of election results or anything else, because he knows he would be imprisoned or worse.
Go ahead, tell me again how he's "just kidding".

He’s just kidding. And your hysterical reaction makes it worth it.

No, he really isn't, and him (or anyone else for that matter) claiming that when it is a position they have a conflict of interest in holding it as a mere joke is bullshit.

Let's be realistic. Trump could be President For Life and that not disrupt the normal American political process in any way.

Let's be realistic. Trump could be President For Life and that not disrupt the normal American political process in anyway.

The one where when Dems lack either the Senate or presidency, the republicans obstruct and block everything the Dems "try to accomplish", and at the rare times when they somehow have a full run all that shit they were "trying to accomplish" is suddenly eclipsed by endless debate over a single halfassed bullshit budget or war bill for 2-4 years?

Let's be realistic. Trump could be President For Life and that not disrupt the normal American political process in anyway.

The one where when Dems lack either the Senate or presidency, the republicans obstruct and block everything the Dems "try to accomplish", and at the rare times when they somehow have a full run all that shit they were "trying to accomplish" is suddenly eclipsed by endless debate over a single halfassed bullshit budget or war bill for 2-4 years?

Your scenario is entirely dependent on actuarial probabilities.

He doesn't kid much at all. He means it and you're excusing it.

It's never really appropriate to make jokes when it is ambiguous whether it is your actual position or a joke, or when there could ever be a shred of doubt. If there is doubt over whether it was a joke or a racist remark, either you are a fool or racist. Period. End of discussion.

Why is this even something that needs to be explained to grown ass adults?

Same goes for shit like comments about taking extra terms, or any other situation; the appearance of a failure of ethics for making a comment or 'joke' is itself a failure of ethics.

Let me reiterate: if it's something from the other person's perspective that they MAY think you would plausibly want, and you say it, then it is to be accepted that you made a request for that thing. It is the speaker's responsibility to avoid situations of apparent ethical compromise.

I think Penn (of Penn and Teller) explained it very well. Trump doesn't laugh with others. He laughs at others. His is the laugh of a bully. When he knocks you down, he laughs at you. He is not just incapable of laughing at himself, he's incapable of making a joke.

About 6:40 into this:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-UK40_XkWw[/YOUTUBE]

I used to think he was just trolling. Then I realized he isn't. I know he lies a lot when listing his accomplishments, but he also says straight up what he's thinking with no filter.

That's right all right.
But more to my point is how the gullible "I'm not a trumpsuckers" rose to the bait in this thread.
Now, THAT is truly gratifying!
:hysterical:

That said, Bronzeage has a point. An objective observer from an alien world probably won't be able to tell the difference from business as usual when Trumpo refuses to leave office and tries to use the military to keep him in place.

I used to think he was just trolling. Then I realized he isn't. I know he lies a lot when listing his accomplishments, but he also says straight up what he's thinking with no filter.

That is how he tests the waters. He has already used the military for domestic deployment, which is patently illegal. And he got away with it without so much as a whimper from Congress.

FBI Director Warns of Ongoing Russian 'Information Warfare' Ahead of the 2020 Election

https://time.com/5778858/chris-wray-fbi-russian-information-warfare-2020-election/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=u.s._national-security&linkId=81844210

FBI Director Chris Wray said Wednesday that Russia is engaged in “information warfare” heading into the 2020 presidential election, though he said law enforcement has not seen ongoing efforts by Russia to target America’s election infrastructure.

Wray told the House Judiciary Committee that Russia, just as it did in 2016, is relying on a covert social media campaign aimed at dividing American public opinion and sowing discord. That effort, which involves fictional personas, bots, social media postings and disinformation, may have an election-year uptick but is also a round-the-clock threat that is in some ways harder to combat than an election system hack, Wray said.

“Unlike a cyberattack on an election infrastructure, that kind of effort — disinformation — in a world where we have a First Amendment and believe strongly in freedom of expression, the FBI is not going to be in the business of being the truth police and monitoring disinformation online,” Wray said.

Here's some more bait for you to gobble up, Jason:

Donald Trump is behaving like 1930s fascist dictator, explains Yale historian

"“In my world, where I come from, it’s the 1930s," Timothy Snyder, told talkshow host Bill Maher, on his Real Time with Bill Maher show. "Picking out a group of your neighbours and citizens and associating them with the worldwide threat, that’s the 1930s.

“And what we have to remember with the 1930s, we think of Hitler and Stalin as super villains. But they’re not, they could only come to power with some form of consent.”"

Bon appetite, "not a trumpsuckers". And thank you for your consent, idiots of the 42%.

Back
Top Bottom