• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I've been telling y'all and you've been laughing.

Let's be realistic. Trump could be President For Life and that not disrupt the normal American political process in anyway.

The one where when Dems lack either the Senate or presidency, the republicans obstruct and block everything the Dems "try to accomplish", and at the rare times when they somehow have a full run all that shit they were "trying to accomplish" is suddenly eclipsed by endless debate over a single halfassed bullshit budget or war bill for 2-4 years?

Your scenario is entirely dependent on actuarial probabilities.

It's just probability. There's no 'actuarial' brand of it.

aa

And his regime was indeed good for business. All those delicious governmemt contracts, new technologies, for a while even an unpaid labor force. From a Capitalist's perspective, the rise of fascism in Germany was fantastic triumph for investors all over the world, and its downfall a mild disaster. Just ask Thyssenkrupp! Or Siemens. Or Continental. Or Volkswagen. Or Bayer. Or Nestle. Or Deutsche Bank. Or J.P Morgan Chase.

Evil is profitable. When tyrants prosper, big business share in their glories, even decades after the tyrany has fallen. Stockbrokers will remember the Trump years with a fond sniffle no matter what happens next or to whom.

My only problem with your OP is that I don't know who would be laughing. It is quite possible that this will happen.

My only problem with your OP is that I don't know who would be laughing. It is quite possible that this will happen.

Want a partial list?
Trump, Putin, MBS, Kim, Duterte, McConnell, Graham, Cruz, Perry, Pompeo, Barr, Giuliani and everyone else who was "in the loop".

Back
Top Bottom