• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jacob Chansley reading Trump's tweet telling crowd to GO HOME during Jan 6

Can you cite? I haven't seen any footage of these things. Nor have I seen any counter narratives by liberal media.

Furthermore, why aren't these douchbags Schumer and McConnel saying anything about how wrong this looks or how out of context it was taken? No counter narratives given I am aware of.
1) There's simply no rebutting the incredible torrent of bullshit the right spouts. It would take forever and accomplish nothing because it's a lot easier to create bullshit that prove that it's false.

2) In this case the rest of the media doesn't have access to the video to figure out what really happened.

For doing RVonse's work for him.

Can you cite? I haven't seen any footage of these things. Nor have I seen any counter narratives by liberal media.

Furthermore, why aren't these douchbags Schumer and McConnel saying anything about how wrong this looks or how out of context it was taken? No counter narratives given I am aware of.

Which kinda speaks volumes about RVonse's taste in media that he was completely unaware that Jan6 was an armed insurrection. Or that he is unaware McConnell slammed Carlson's bullshit lies about Jan6 almost immediately after it aired.

Or that McConnell wasn't the only one;

Personally, I think this is simply an extreme bad faith argument from RVonse. This isn't the first time he's tried to whitewash events about Jan6, and the facts haven't changed. This is just a different bullshit narrative from Q-tards. I won't be surprised if they try and roll out the FBI plant theory again in a couple of weeks.

Bad faith? Never. Been totally honest for over a decade right along with Deepak Chopra, Will Wiley, Barbos, … I’m over it.

Which kinda speaks volumes about RVonse's taste in media that he was completely unaware that Jan6 was an armed insurrection. Or that he is unaware McConnell slammed Carlson's bullshit lies about Jan6 almost immediately after it aired.

Oh, I'd hazard a guess that RVonse is not completely unaware. Just like Tucker Carlson is well aware of the fact that rioters breached the Capitol that day.

At this point the people defending the insurrectionists fall into two basic categories. The genuinely ignorant, who even if you showed them this video would insist that it was a "hit piece" by the "liberal media" and that everyone involved were "crisis actors" or "Antifa plants" or such....and the people who know exactly what happened but continue to lie about it to support their agenda/side.

At this point the people defending the insurrectionists fall into two basic categories. The genuinely ignorant, who even if you showed them this video would insist that it was a "hit piece" by the "liberal media" and that everyone involved were "crisis actors" or "Antifa plants" or such....and the people who know exactly what happened but continue to lie about it to support their agenda/side.
So you are differentiating between the ignorant and the dangerously ignorant? That's fair enough. Both are dangerous but only one is directed to produce more of the same. It's like that response in A Few Good Men when the colonel is asked if Private Santiago was in "grave" danger. The colonel responded, "Is there any other kind?"

All ignorance is dangerous but that emotional, manufactured, willful, MAGA flavor of ignorance is certainly the most destructive.

Really. You'd have to be living in a bubble or a cave to have not seen that stuff already.

Remember when security in the chamber had guns drawn at the people on the outside trying to get in? Yeah... nothing to see here. It was a peaceful protest. I bet one can count with the fingers on a single hand the number of times what happened below has happened.

210106-police-house-chamber-jm-1504.jpg

Ain't it something when someone supports tyranny to overthrow a tyranny that doesn't exist.

Really. You'd have to be living in a bubble or a cave to have not seen that stuff already.

Remember when security in the chamber had guns drawn at the people on the outside trying to get in? Yeah... nothing to see here. It was a peaceful protest. I bet one can count with the fingers on a single hand the number of times what happened below has happened.

You are still not reading what I actually wrote in OP. Where did I say Jan 6 was a peaceful protest?

You are still not reading what I actually wrote in OP. Where did I say Jan 6 was not a peaceful protest?

No, you don't get to use passive aggressive language and try to weasel out of it.
RVonse OP (myu emphasis) said:
As far as I know there is no counter narrative to this video, I've not heard anyone claim any of this footage is fake or doctored video. Yes, there are a lot of politicians who did not want FOX to release what actually occurred Jan 6 (Schumer and McConnel) but if anyone knows a source this footage was fiction I would appreciate citing it here.
Seriously... the narrative as it exists is that January 6th was a violent protest that got people killed and was instigated by Trump and his entourage. So, when someone says "what actually occurred", what they are implying is there is an alternative more truthful identification to the actions that day. So enough of your double talk. You aren't fooling anyone. People died protesting in support of a guy who was trying to steal an election.. That is fucked up.

Oh, I'd hazard a guess that RVonse is not completely unaware. Just like Tucker Carlson is well aware of the fact that rioters breached the Capitol that day.

In today's digital world I believe we are ALL living in bubbles crafted by big tech. And even without that notwithstanding, bringing our particular bias to the table.

In the final analysis we only know the truth of a mans innocence or guilt based on so called news that is brought to us. And the video footage looked very much like he got railroaded by the federal government. This would not be the first time that happened.

Seriously... the narrative as it exists is that January 6th was a violent protest that got people killed and was instigated by Trump and his entourage. So, when someone says "what actually occurred", what they are implying is there is an alternative more truthful identification to the actions that day. So enough of your double talk. You aren't fooling anyone. People died protesting in support of a guy who was trying to steal an election.. That is fucked up.
Where the double talk? There were a LOT of innocent people caught up in the Jan 6 incident. It is very very conceivable to me (even at this point in the thread) that Jacob might have been innocent and falsely doing jail time. That's all I focused on in the OP.

I never said anything about implying an alternative motive on Jan 6. That is on you.

Where the double talk? There were a LOT of innocent people caught up in the Jan 6 incident.
Zero innocent people were netted up. If one was in the Capitol Building, they committed a crime.
It is very very conceivable to me (even at this point in the thread) that Jacob might have been innocent and falsely doing jail time. That's all I focused on in the OP.
No it isn't. You said "what actually occurred" on January 6th, which again implies that what is being said happened is false.
I never said anything about implying an alternative motive on Jan 6. That is on you.
No, not alternative motive. Alternative interpretation. "What actually happened" on January 6th was as stain on our democracy. People showed up at a protest against the election results. Then they were riled into a further frenzy to take action at the Capitol. Had they just sat outside, it'd been one thing, but they needed to act to help save the Presidency for the guy who actually lost.

Zero innocent people were netted up. If one was in the Capitol Building, they committed a crime.
How do you know that? By examining the video footage your side says it does not have?

Was the unarmed women shot by the police in the process of committing a violent crime deserving of the death penalty?

I could be just as wrong about this as I know you are. But it looked to me that this was not a planned event and that there were people of all flavors of violence in the crowd. Some would have never entered but for the fact that other's had already broken down the gates.

But I don't really know any more than you do...because I have not seen all of the video yet.

How do you know that? By examining the video footage your side says it does not have?

Was the unarmed women shot by the police in the process of committing a violent crime deserving of the death penalty?
She was attempting to, with a mob of people, trying to break through a door, a barrier which, unlike other parts of the building, was deemed a threshold that would not be crossed. The mob was lucky that the decision was made to cede plenty of ground without resorting to killing those in the mob.
I could be just as wrong about this as I know you are.
Well, you don't even seem capable of managing a consistent position or whether things were or weren't peaceful. Shifting double talk, to full blown conspiracy, back to I'm just curious is one or two innocents were caught in the net by accident. I'm not wrong, Congress was evacuated because a protest broke into the Capitol building. There is no gray area here.
But it looked to me that this was not a planned event and that there were people of all flavors of violence in the crowd. Some would have never entered but for the fact that other's had already broken down the gates.
Well, everyone else was being seditious...
But I don't really know any more than you do...because I have not seen all of the video yet.
I know a bit more because I paid attention, watch the events as the occurred live... and then the several presentations by the commission on the events. You've just been plugging your ears and screaming "I don't hear sedition!!!"

Thank you
For reading my OP and providing a counter narrative.

The video posted above was from January 16, 2021, ten days after the riot, the point being that this has been publicly available for two years. I read the story two years ago ...

41 minutes of fear: A video timeline from inside the Capitol siege

To reconstruct the pandemonium inside the Capitol for the video above, The Washington Post examined text messages, photos and hundreds of videos, some of which were exclusively obtained. By synchronizing the footage and locating some of the camera angles within a digital 3-D model of the building, The Post was able to map the rioters’ movements and assess how close they came to lawmakers — in some cases feet apart or separated only by a handful of vastly outnumbered police officers.

The Post used a facial-recognition algorithm that differentiates individual faces — it does not identify people — to estimate that at least 300 rioters were present in footage taken inside the Capitol while police were struggling to evacuate lawmakers. The actual number of rioters is probably greater, since the footage analyzed by The Post did not capture everyone in the building.​

... then searched to see if it was available on Youtube, as there is a substantial population that still chooses to avoid paying for their news.

You can't get that kind of reporting for free.

Back
Top Bottom