• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

The opposition party refused to make a choice.
No. Otherwise Jim Jordan and Jim Banks would be on the January 6 committee.
That is factually incorrect. The GOP refused to nominate anyone to the committee. Please point to any of the italicized words that you do not understand.
Did you miss this?

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi has taken the unprecedented step of denying the minority party's picks for the Select Committee on January 6," McCarthy said in a statement. "This represents an egregious abuse of power and will irreparably damage this institution. Denying the voices of members who have served in the military and law enforcement, as well as leaders of standing committees, has made it undeniable that this panel has lost all legitimacy and credibility and shows the Speaker is more interested in playing politics than seeking the truth."
I didn't miss it. Mr. McCarthey is not a trustworthy source as his comment certainly proves.
Woah, how’d those goalposts move so quickly?
You have to be shitting me Pyle. It is not moving any goalposts to disbelieve a statement.

The republicans did not want to participate and hen compain they had no oportunity to cross examine. They have learned fromTrump.. Monkey see monkey do.

They know exatcly who and what Trump is, and they act like scared rabbits cowering under a bush. Carried to the extreme Trrump wanted we'd end up with a Putin and cronies. It appears that is what the Trump co-consprators wanted.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Ah. If you are free to choose but your choice must be approved by the opposing party, what kind of choice is that? How very Soviet of you.
Yes... Trump wanted to walk and lead his armed group of protestors straight to the Capitol Bldg... to fix an election that he knew wasn't stolen. But it is the Democrats who are the authoritarians for trying to keep Boehart or Greene or the likes off the commission to investigate the attack on The Capitol building that resulted its evacuation and the Vice President needing to have his residence under heightened security to finish out his term.
Specifically, it was Jim Jordan and Jim Banks. And it’s a bit humorous you using the word “authoritarian,” when denying the opposition its choice is just that. Really, the “democracy is in danger” crowd doesn’t give a shit about democracy.
Jim Jordan voted to reverse an election he knew wasn't fraudulent. He should be going to prison.
What, like Jamie Raskin?

That is factually incorrect. The GOP refused to nominate anyone to the committee. Please point to any of the italicized words that you do not understand.
Did you miss this?

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi has taken the unprecedented step of denying the minority party's picks for the Select Committee on January 6," McCarthy said in a statement. "This represents an egregious abuse of power and will irreparably damage this institution. Denying the voices of members who have served in the military and law enforcement, as well as leaders of standing committees, has made it undeniable that this panel has lost all legitimacy and credibility and shows the Speaker is more interested in playing politics than seeking the truth."
I didn't miss it. Mr. McCarthey is not a trustworthy source as his comment certainly proves.
You have to be shitting me Pyle. It is not moving any goalposts to disbelieve a statement.
So you’re saying he didn’t nominate Jim Jordan and Jim Banks, and Pelosi didn’t reject them? CBS just made up the story?

That's like putting the defendant on the jury. Who would do that?
Ugh. Democracy means others get to make their own choices, whether you like that choice or not. You lefties are so authoritarian.
Considering the event of January 6th, this must be a joke.

Ugh. Democracy means others get to make their own choices, whether you like that choice or not. You lefties are so authoritarian.
It was a riot. Charge the rioters. But if you say you want to get at the truth, excluding potential evidence you may find unfavorable shows your doing it in bad faith.

Did you miss this?

So you’re saying he didn’t nominate Jim Jordan and Jim Banks, and Pelosi didn’t reject them? CBS just made up the story?
I am saying I do not believe Mr. McCarthy unless there is independent confirmation. BTW, can you point to any progress of the alleged GOP investigation into the events of Jan. 6 (something Mr. McCarthy claimed they were going to do)?

Of course, you are shifting the goalposts. Regardless of the veracity of Mr. McCarthy's statement, he admits that he pulled all the nominations in protest. The GOP was not shut out from the hearings - they refused to participate.

I noticed you still have not answered my earlier question "Are you under the impression that attacking Congress to overturn an election is not an insurrection?"

It was a riot. Charge the rioters. But if you say you want to get at the truth, excluding potential evidence you may find unfavorable shows your doing it in bad faith.
It was an insurrection to overthrow the government. The evidence for this was well laid out and pre-planned by the Trump administration.

I am saying I do not believe Mr. McCarthy unless there is independent confirmation.
My dude, there’s also a quote from Pelosi in the article saying she rejects the GOP choices.

BTW, can you point to any progress of the alleged GOP investigation into the events of Jan. 6 (something Mr. McCarthy claimed they were going to do)?
He’s referring to when the GOP takes back the house. Thought that was pretty obvious.
Of course, you are shifting the goalposts. Regardless of the veracity of Mr. McCarthy's statement, he admits that he pulled all the nominations in protest. The GOP was not shut out from the hearings - they refused to participate.
Jumping Jesus on apogo stick. The majority party does not get to choose the opposition’s slate. At least not in a democracy.
I noticed you still have not answered my earlier question "Are you under the impression that attacking Congress to overturn an election is not an insurrection?"
As I noted above, change the rioters. If some of them inexplicably thought they’d be able to stop the vote counting, then charge them for that.

It was an insurrection to overthrow the government. The evidence for this was well laid out and pre-planned by the Trump administration.
LOL.

The republicans did not want to participate
How does this lie keep going?
Ole! Ole! Oleg. How long can you keep dancing around the truth?

Are you a Trump surrogate?

Republicans willingly give Trump a hand job in return for support. All they have to do is mimic what Trump says, and inflate his ego.

The definition of a sycophant. We know McConnell morally despised Trump but went along to enhance his own politcal power.

As has been pointed out in the media, the vast majority of the testimony was from republicans, some who served in the administration.

If you supported the insurrction don't hide behind the net, pick up a gun and let yourself be seen. Be like one of the Trump mindless followers who believe he cares about tem.

Republicans willingly give Trump a hand job in return for support. All they have to do is mimic what Trump says, and inflate his ego.

The definition of a sycophant. We know McConnell morally despised Trump but went along to enhance his own politcal power.

As has been pointed out in the media, the vast majority of the testimony was from republicans, some who served in the administration.

If you supported the insurrction don't hide behind the net, pick up a gun and let yourself be seen. Be like one of the Trump mindless followers who believe he cares about tem.
Steve! The question was whether the House GOP could make it’s own choice for committee members. Pelosi said no.

Steve! The question was whether the House GOP could make it’s own choice for committee members. Pelosi said no.
Pelosi said no to two. That leaves 211 others to choose from. Instead of doing so, McCarthy chose to make a political display of whining and taking his ball home. Then it bit him in the ass.

screw-you-guys-im-going-home-eric-cartman.gif

So, Ginni Thomas testified yesterday and she claims that she never discussed her election activities with her husband. Okay. Sure. She's still claiming that the election was stolen by Biden. OMG! This woman really is delusional.
So either she is a bad wife, he is a bad husband, or they are both lying.

Large-scale personal activities which can impact a relationship (such as activism towards a major campaign) are not the sort of thing that goes undiscussed in a healthy relationship.
likely an accurate assessment

Unanimous vote for testimony and docs... neither of which I think will ever happen.
Not if the House flips this November.
So it's not about the truth?
When there is no cross examination; no difference of viewpoint of the members of this committee; the opposition party denied its choice of members: You think this is about truth? LOL.
You think this is a trial? LOL. Don't worry, hopefully you'll get your wish.
A kangaroo court, yes. It's just about politics.
No, it is about getting an accurate historical accounting of the riot/insurrection. Since insurrections are politics, it is redundant to say "it is just about politics".
"Accurate" historial accounting? Without cross-examination and the opposition party shut out from questioning and calling witnesses? You gotta be shittin me, Pyle.
There are 2 republicans on the committee--I thought the Republicans were the opposition party. Please, no Repugnant-Maggat-shit-breeders' Rino whining in response.

I am saying I do not believe Mr. McCarthy unless there is independent confirmation.
My dude, there’s also a quote from Pelosi in the article saying she rejects the GOP choices.

BTW, can you point to any progress of the alleged GOP investigation into the events of Jan. 6 (something Mr. McCarthy claimed they were going to do)?
He’s referring to when the GOP takes back the house. Thought that was pretty obvious.
In other words, they will do nothing.
Jumping Jesus on apogo stick. The majority party does not get to choose the opposition’s slate. At least not in a democracy.
Responsible adults would simply added 2 other GOP members to get the members. McCarthy decided to play stupid politics in a cowardly attempt to avoid the wrath of Trumpsters. But that does not mean the GOP was shut out from the committee. The GOP chose to avoid the committee.

You argument is equivalent to some kid storming off the ball field because the team wouldn't let him pitch and then claiming he was shut out from playing.
As I noted above, change the rioters. If some of them inexplicably thought they’d be able to stop the vote counting, then charge them for that.
That does not answer my question. Especially since many of them explicitly said they wanted Pence to overturn the election and when he didn't, they wanted to kill him.

And Senate Republicans also gave up their chance for participation by listening to Trump and voting against a bipartisan commission.

And Senate Republicans also gave up their chance for participation by listening to Trump and voting against a bipartisan commission.
McCarthy literally said Pelosi rejected the two Republicans because they would ask the hard questions about whether Nancy Pelosi delayed calling for the National Guard. There is now video of McCarthy standing practically right next to Pelosi while she was frantically calling the AG, the Secretary of Defense, The mayor of DC, even governors of neighboring states to send their NG. McCarthy is a lying sack of pig shit.

Back
Top Bottom