• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

So, Ginni Thomas testified yesterday and she claims that she never discussed her election activities with her husband. Okay. Sure. She's still claiming that the election was stolen by Biden. OMG! This woman really is delusional.
So either she is a bad wife, he is a bad husband, or they are both lying.

Large-scale personal activities which can impact a relationship (such as activism towards a major campaign) are not the sort of thing that goes undiscussed in a healthy relationship.
Or their relationship is basically in-name-only by now.
The fucked up thing is I can actually understand the motive and the emotions that go into a decision to enter into or allow a marriage to descend to that kind of interaction.

Of course there's always the possibility that this WAS discussed at some point, but so long ago and so thoroughly accepted as to what their motives are, such that it is an old contract, and they each rejoice in private at the idemnity they share of it in each watching the other be evil.

Some relationships be like that.

It's still fucked up and definitely not healthy (for anyone else), but humans are gonna be like that sometimes.

Another way of looking at this is that the US Supreme Court expects everyone to take realsies pinky swears very seriously.

These are the same people who believe the Constitution is some sort of magically infallible document.

Do the flat earthers deny the flipped seasons?
It's kinda necessary for their core beliefs, wouldn't you think?
No, the sun could move north and south over a flat Earth.
But if the flat earth is spinning like a disc, as it usually is in these kinds of silly scenarios, then if it is moving north and south, the physics of how it rises and sets...

Well, needless to say "flat earth" just doesn't work out mathematically.

Every year has two summers*; One on each side of the equator.

Nitpick: While part of the Earth is North of the Tropic of Cancer, and part is South of the Tropic of Capricorn; many of us live BETWEEN the Tropic lines. Where I live, April is invariably the hottest month.

Thailand is generally described as having THREE seasons instead of four: Hot/dry, Rainy, Cool. ("Cool" is a severe exaggeration.)

The names used for the three seasons vary. In the South, they're sometimes called: Wet, Wet and Wet (wet from sweat, rain, or flood respectively). In Central Thailand, they're sometimes called: Hot, Hotter, and F**king Hot.

Weather patterns have changed in recent years and freak trends sometimes inject themselves into the middle of one of the three boring seasons. My sister-in-law was witty about this: "Thailand is a developing country: We have four seasons now."

No, the sun could move north and south over a flat Earth.
But if the flat earth is spinning like a disc, as it usually is in these kinds of silly scenarios, then if it is moving north and south, the physics of how it rises and sets...

Well, needless to say "flat earth" just doesn't work out mathematically.
You are correct in your last statement, but flat earthers don't understand math.

In their model the earth is static and the sun just circles above it at a fixed altitude through magic. Throughout the year it circles at different radii, going from above one tropic to above the other and back.

This model makes multiple predictions that are demonstrably false and simply proven through some of the easiest of observations to make, but that requires thinking beyond one's immediate preconceptions. They usually just say the word "perspective" and wave their hands really fast so you don't notice that they don't understand how perspective, math or physics actually work.

my USA-centric statement somehow comes to some conclusion of flat earth
To reiterate:

To say there is only one summer is to make an implication that the earth is flat.

Your post makes no sense. I said my post was USA-centric, and people somehow came to a conclusion unrelated to anything in my post - and unrelated to reality itself.

You'd know best.

Michael Fanone rants.

This guy would fit right in at a UFC press conference. The smack talking is perfectly personal and accurate.

Tomorrow is the next January 6 Committee hearing. 1:00 EST. I will be watching on Youtube, NPR. Apparently at least one more hearing is planned, a post election day wrap up. Not yet scheduled.

I have no popcorn, so I will instead have pizza.

Tomorrow is the next January 6 Committee hearing. 1:00 EST. I will be watching on Youtube, NPR. Apparently at least one more hearing is planned, a post election day wrap up. Not yet scheduled.

I have no popcorn, so I will instead have pizza.
You think there's going to be another? Everything I've heard is this one is to be the last one.

I do not know. If the GOP wins the house, they will try to make sure these hearings end. But as the Dems look like they will take the Senate, we might indeed see more. I have seen some speculations but it isn't really more than that.

I do not know. If the GOP wins the house, they will try to make sure these hearings end.

And that's just the beginning. I saw a report the other day that house GOP members have already introduced 14 impeachment resolutions against Biden and/or members of his administration since 2021, including articles of impeachment filed by Marjorie Taylor Greene on her first day in office...which was over 2 weeks before Biden was sworn in.

A Republican controlled house is going to be a shit-show of epic proportions.

I do not know. If the GOP wins the house, they will try to make sure these hearings end.

And that's just the beginning. I saw a report the other day that house GOP members have already introduced 14 impeachment resolutions against Biden and/or members of his administration since 2021, including articles of impeachment filed by Marjorie Taylor Greene on her first day in office...which was over 2 weeks before Biden was sworn in.

Well, what else is new when you put kids in charge...

If it's anything like the harm some of their constituents caused and attempted to cause on January 6th I predict the US will go into default.

After watching today there can be no doubt there was a premeditated conspiracy to take over the government.

Trump panned before the election to do what he did if he lost. It was all scripted and panned.

I think the qustion is what passed between Trump and Putin and Jinping before and post election.

No matter how you spin it Trump is a traitor who tried to overthrow the constitution.

Is a firing squad still on the books for insurection?

Back
Top Bottom