• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jesus the God-Man

Syed

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
muslim
Jesus the God-Man

god is ALL KNOWING and man is ignorant

there is no such thing as a god-man

there is no such thing as a ALL KNOWING-ALL IGNORANT

I may be all knowing.

At least it seems like it.

If there is something I don't know I probably don't care about it or need to know. If not I can just Google it.

Jesus the God-Man

Why say man is ignorant? People know things despite not being all knowing.

Umm, how could you know any of this this if you're ignorant?

what you know if you add that up, you are still ignorant

If I believe such a thing, it would explain if I didn't even try educating myself.

Sorry, Syed, but knowledge exists.

Although omniscience, hmm... I'd like you to produce evidence for such a being. The burden of proof rests on you if you are to affirm the existence of such a thing.

Last edited:
Demonstrate that this god of yours is all knowing. I have a 64 digit numeric code written on a 3x5 index card hidden under the pedestal of my computer monitor on my desk. Get this "god" thing of yours to tell you what 64 digits I have written on that card and I will gladly affirm that you were correct and you have compelling evidence that your claim has merit.

Otherwise I have just as much legitimacy claiming that my right pinky is all knowing. And oddly enough, at least my right pinky can be demonstrated to exist. Every "P" in this post was produced with a pounce of my prodigious pinky.

Like the word saed... ignorant- the lack of no rant.. God will never run out of whiny atheists.

Well, if Jesus was so ignorant, then how'd he know how to come back from the dead and save humanity from sin? Answer that, smart guy!

Christianity: 1
Syed: 0

Umm, how could you know any of this this if you're ignorant?

what you know if you add that up, you are still ignorant

Not ignorant in relation to what we know, but acknowledging not knowing all that we don't know. Acknowledging what we don't know, we do not fill the chasms or gaps with unfounded explanations, beliefs such as gods and god-men and other pseudo explanations that serve as the fillers of gaps.

I thought it was based on" ignore",
I have had one Christain apologist online insist that 'ignorant' means 'to ignore what you've been told.'
Thus, anyone who was atheist after someone revealed The Truth of Jesus to them was ignoring dat Truth, and thus ignorant.
I pointed out that we spent way too much time eviscerating his argument's logical flaws to be considered to have ignored him.

god is ALL KNOWING
You know, Loki wasn't described as ALL_KNOWING. Nor All knowing without all CAPS.
Nor Thor.
Nor Aphrodite.
Bast, Tiamat, Marduk, Corn Woman, Amateratsu.

So i guess it depends on which God you make your God-Man out of?

Jesus the God-Man

But the Second Story of Creation disagrees with that, as man and woman ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and learned all things. "Good and evil" was a metaphor for all things, not morality. God boots them from the Garden because if they ate from the tree of life, they'd be exactly like God, immortal and knowing all things.

I don't think Syed cares a fig for what the Biiiiiible says. But, Syed, if you want to meet an all-knowing man, may I introduce you to Leo, who hangs out on the corner of Broadway and 22nd St., wears a Monty beret and a Scooby Doo shirt and has a sign that says HELP. From him you could learn that --
1. Radio waves from the Empire State Building are aliens monitoring the earth (and specifically Leo.)
2. Frank Sinatra isn't dead, and precious keys to knowledge are codified in certain Sinatra numbers, such as 'Domani' and 'That's Life' (but not 'Mama Will Bark', go figure.)
3. If you hold a dollar bill to your forehead, making contact with the eye in the pyramid, and keep it there for about 5 minutes, you can obtain the wisdom of the ancients who made the pyramids.
4. The government is putting secret chemicals in the Sweet Tea sold by a major fast food chain to turn people into robots. Drink your own pee to be safe.
5. The Ohio state quarter shows a faceless spaceman who came to earth in 1803 and is still walking the earth, gaining in psychic power for either good or evil.
6. Another Sinatra number with vast tantric significance is 'It Was a Very Good Year.'

Syed would no doubt benefit from a sharing of mind/heart/experience with Leo. As would we all.

There's no Broadway in Pittsfield, or i'd think that Leo was a member of this community's school board. I'll have to ask the board if any of them know about the eye in the pyramid thing.

Jesus the God-Man

Good to know that you have a god-box...be sure to only let it out of the box at night; and don't feed it after midnight.

Jesus the God-Man

Good to know that you have a god-box...be sure to only let it out of the box at night; and don't feed it after midnight.
Mamas got a god box,
and daddy never sleeps at night...

Back
Top Bottom