• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jesus the God-Man

So, Syed, you're saying that Jesus isn't God? I'll go along with that, been saying it myself for decades. Any other Earth-shattering revelations to give us?

Jesus the God-Man

god is ALL KNOWING and man is ignorant

there is no such thing as a god-man

there is no such thing as a ALL KNOWING-ALL IGNORANT

Syed, why on Earth would you argue against the divinity of Jesus to a bunch of atheists?

Surely you know that none of us think Jesus is divine. In fact, many of us think he never existed at all.

Jesus the God-Man

Why say man is ignorant? People know things despite not being all knowing.

how much knowledge does man have about his own body? he still ignorant about his own body

Demonstrate that this god of yours is all knowing. I have a 64 digit numeric code written on a 3x5 index card hidden under the pedestal of my computer monitor on my desk. Get this "god" thing of yours to tell you what 64 digits I have written on that card and I will gladly affirm that you were correct and you have compelling evidence that your claim has merit.

Otherwise I have just as much legitimacy claiming that my right pinky is all knowing. And oddly enough, at least my right pinky can be demonstrated to exist. Every "P" in this post was produced with a pounce of my prodigious pinky.
when god resurrect you back to life god will show you what you wrote here

"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the
very tips of his fingers." (75:3-4)

Well, if Jesus was so ignorant, then how'd he know how to come back from the dead and save humanity from sin? Answer that, smart guy!

Christianity: 1
Syed: 0
according to story god rose jesus from death

- - - Updated - - -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorant
I thought it was based on" ignore",but that seems to be much later.
Can I ask,here?Why does GOD/ALLAH need help?

who said god need help?

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus the God-Man

Fixed it for you.

that your ignorance

god is ALL KNOWING
You know, Loki wasn't described as ALL_KNOWING. Nor All knowing without all CAPS.
Nor Thor.
Nor Aphrodite.
Bast, Tiamat, Marduk, Corn Woman, Amateratsu.

So i guess it depends on which God you make your God-Man out of?

all of them

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus the God-Man

But the Second Story of Creation disagrees with that, as man and woman ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and learned all things. "Good and evil" was a metaphor for all things, not morality. God boots them from the Garden because if they ate from the tree of life, they'd be exactly like God, immortal and knowing all things.
false story

Jesus the God-Man

Syed, why on Earth would you argue against the divinity of Jesus to a bunch of atheists?

Surely you know that none of us think Jesus is divine. In fact, many of us think he never existed at all.
then why atheists discuss about jesus?

He doesn't know what it feels like to have sex, ride a bicycle, fart, swim, etc..etc.. the list is endless. :)

he created you and sex and all of that

Sperm cells from my dad joined with an egg in my mum. Nutrients allowed the fertilized egg to split and split and split and split.
Everything in me is a copy of existing DNA, fleshed out with food. Nothing was created.
A number of things combined to change form from independent articles to the totality of me.

I think the same thing happened to all humans.

In fact can you point to any one thing that was created directly by God?

Last edited:
So, Syed, you're saying that Jesus isn't God? I'll go along with that, been saying it myself for decades. Any other Earth-shattering revelations to give us?

there is one all knowing god

Aw, and we were getting on so well, agreeing that Jesus wasn't God, and all. And you had to go and spoil it with an unfalsifiable, yet highly unlikely, claim.

But let's for a moment you're right, and there is "one all knowing god". He knows the beginning, the end, and everything in between. You know what that makes him? Powerless. Impotent. If he knows all things, everything that is, was or ever shall be, he can't alter anything without changing his foreknowledge, unless he knew in advance that he would change it, in which case he must have known it already, and simply did what he always knew he would do - he has no free will.

And anybody praying to him is wasting his/her time. They can pray all they want for his mercy; he already knows whether he'll show mercy, and neither he nor they can change that. The same applies to those praying for someone to be cured of a disease; their prayers are pointless, as God already knows the outcome. All he can do is sit and watch it happening, this impotent deity. He can't lift a finger except to do what he always knew he would do. Which makes the whole act of creation and everything from the beginning of time to the end pretty pointless, a wasted effort. If (and it's a big "if") there is an end result to creation, the universe and everything that has, is or ever will happen, he'd have been better off going straight to that result without all the hassle in between. As well as saving a hell of a lot of suffering, it would have been much more efficient to just skip to the end.

Your "one all-knowing God" is impotent, cruel and inefficient. Worship him!!!

Demonstrate that this god of yours is all knowing. I have a 64 digit numeric code written on a 3x5 index card hidden under the pedestal of my computer monitor on my desk. Get this "god" thing of yours to tell you what 64 digits I have written on that card and I will gladly affirm that you were correct and you have compelling evidence that your claim has merit.

Otherwise I have just as much legitimacy claiming that my right pinky is all knowing. And oddly enough, at least my right pinky can be demonstrated to exist. Every "P" in this post was produced with a pounce of my prodigious pinky.
when god resurrect you back to life god will show you what you wrote here

"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the
very tips of his fingers." (75:3-4)
And he'll tell allah, 'Wrong digits, fuckhead.'

there is one all knowing god

But let's for a moment you're right, and there is "one all knowing god". He knows the beginning, the end, and everything in between. You know what that makes him? Powerless. Impotent. If he knows all things, everything that is, was or ever shall be, he can't alter anything without changing his foreknowledge, unless he knew in advance that he would change it, in which case he must have known it already, and simply did what he always knew he would do - he has no free will.

!
let understand what knowledge does god have according MY understanding

god have knowledge of every thing he created living and non-living thing, god knew what is inside atom and what is inside black hole

NOW god also know what is in side human's brain but since god gave human's free will, so god does not know how human will use his/her free will

so god does not gain new knowledge nor he alter his plan

he created you and sex and all of that

Sperm cells from my dad joined with an egg in my mum. Nutrients allowed the fertilized egg to split and split and split and split.
Everything in me is a copy of existing DNA, fleshed out with food. Nothing was created.
A number of things combined to change form from independent articles to the totality of me.

human have beginning, how does human appeared on earth without sperm and egg?

!
let understand what knowledge does god have according MY understanding

god have knowledge of every thing he created living and non-living thing, god knew what is inside atom and what is inside black hole

NOW god also know what is in side human's brain but since god gave human's free will, so god does not know how human will use his/her free will

so god does not gain new knowledge nor he alter his plan
It's not inconsistent for God to be all knowing and for humans to have free will. Just because humans will do just what God knows what humans will do does not imply that humans must do what humans will do.

Jesus the God-Man

But the Second Story of Creation disagrees with that, as man and woman ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and learned all things. "Good and evil" was a metaphor for all things, not morality. God boots them from the Garden because if they ate from the tree of life, they'd be exactly like God, immortal and knowing all things.
false story
Says who? It was written 1200 years before your holy book and I don't believe that book discounts it.

false story
So, if this is from a man, who says man is 'ALL IGNORANT,' then we can discount your claim and consider it True.
Too bad you aren't at least a LITTLE bit knowledgable, instead of ALL IGNORANT.

We have explained all this to Syed before and he as ignorant as before. We are wasting our time.

To Syed. Are you aware that allah is Arabic for 'pig shit'? You worship pig shit. And why aren't you fellating boars as your holy book commands?

Eldarion Lathria

human have beginning, how does human appeared on earth without sperm and egg?

The explanation for the origin of man is covered in Evolution down to the origin of the first single-cell organisms. The origin of those is covered by Abiogenesis.

Or you can choose the explanation from the Quraan and believe that Allah created man from mud and Jinns from smokeless fire.

It depends on your level of gullibility.

Turkeys for instance, believe that there is a Beneficent Sustainer who gives them life, feeds them and cares for them.
They discover the truth either on Thanksgiving day or at Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom