• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jimmy Carter

Intern nothing. A person born on the day the Berlin Wall came down is 34 years old today, and will be 35 in November.

The Cold War is history. Even if some of us lived through it.

Shit, there are adults walking around today who weren't yet born on 9/11, and whose parents weren't yet born when the Berlin Wall came down. Babies are being born right now whose grandparents were born after the Cold War ended.

You should write birthday cards.

Intern nothing. A person born on the day the Berlin Wall came down is 34 years old today, and will be 35 in November.

The Cold War is history. Even if some of us lived through it.

Shit, there are adults walking around today who weren't yet born on 9/11, and whose parents weren't yet born when the Berlin Wall came down. Babies are being born right now whose grandparents were born after the Cold War ended.

Starting a thread on this in the Lounge…

And there was definitely subversion across the globe by the Americans and Soviets. An elephant couldn't fart in Africa without the two taking opposing positions.
Well, considering that West was trying to hold on their colonies, murdering democratically elected presidents, it was not that hard for USSR to offer their help.
Yes the USSR would rather murder the undemocratically appointed presdients.

She was born after the Berlin Wall came down, and didn't get the joke. To her that was "history." That's kinda the person Barbie is targeting with the propaganda. People who don't realize that the Iron Curtain was not just built to keep western countries out, but to keep the "comrades" in.
A lot of older people didn't really know what the world was like. The idea of getting the thin passport is pretty alien to me--I had always pictured it as for the people making a one-time trip, any real traveler needs the thick version. I got a fair surprise when a friend was only getting the thin version despite doing a decent amount of travel--because so many first world countries don't stamp anymore. I have done very little first world travel, I'm still used to figuring a page per country.

And there was definitely subversion across the globe by the Americans and Soviets. An elephant couldn't fart in Africa without the two taking opposing positions.
Well, considering that West was trying to hold on their colonies, murdering democratically elected presidents, it was not that hard for USSR to offer their help.
Yes the USSR would rather murder the undemocratically appointed presdients.
US does that too, and much more than anyone.

Back
Top Bottom