• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jimmy Carter

Lots of memories for me from the Carter years, as a mid-to-late teen during those times. I wonder if the killer rabbit is going to get any mention at his memorial service? In the meantime, I do hope they turn the thermostat up to 72 to make his last days comfortable.
This post reminds of the fine line between humor and bad taste.

Lots of memories for me from the Carter years, as a mid-to-late teen during those times. I wonder if the killer rabbit is going to get any mention at his memorial service? In the meantime, I do hope they turn the thermostat up to 72 to make his last days comfortable.
This post reminds of the fine line between humor and bad taste.
The conservative mind as a rule, sucks at humor.

The first presidential campaign I was old enough to vote in was 1980. I was studiously bipartisan at the time. I voted for Reagan, because I thought Jimmy "The Christian" Carter just wasn't up to the task. He was too nice.

42 years later I've come to realize how wrong I was then. His combination of ethics, integrity, and an honest willingness to serve all Americans makes him the best President in U.S. history, IMNSHO.
Tom
1980 was my first year too for voting. I checked the POTUS box for John Anderson, like most hip, young independent California voters back then. Wonder whatever happened to him? Just sorta vanished.

Dude, stepped into a room with a melting down nuclear reactor and he survived the Pepsi Syndrome. Guy had more balls than any of us.
It's spelled "nucular". Get with it.

I read it Anderson had not run Carter might have got reelected by the electoral votes. Seeing Reagan barely got more than 50 percent of the popular vote it may be true

I read it Anderson had not run Carter might have got reelected by the electoral votes. Seeing Reagan barely got more than 50 percent of the popular vote it may be true
If you add Anderson's vote to Carter's, https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/elections/1980 indicates the following states (EV) would have flipped: AR (6) CT (8) DE (3) KY (9) ME (4) MA (14) MI (21) MS (7) NY (41) NC (13) SC (8) TN (10) VT (3) WI (11).

That's 158 EVs, which would have made the count 331 to 207 rather than 489 to 49...

He is the first president I remember from soviet papers.
By the way, he was the one who provoked soviet invasion of Afghanistan which eventually caused 9-11.
I don't know how Russians manage all of that persecution, being forced to invade other countries.
USSR invaded only one country. And as I said, it was explicitly provoked by US.
Cold war USA invaded countless number of countries, unprovoked.
Same with post-cold USA - countless number of invasions.

So wait, he was being mocked for not having his secret service guys shoot a rabbit that may or may not have been swimming toward him? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

I see what these loons like about Trump. Do you have to pass a cowardice test before registering with your local Republican party?

USSR invaded only one country.
Really? Who defeated the Nazis in Berlin then?? I know American WWII movies barely mention the USSR, but I am pretty certain that their armies invaded Poland (both as part of an agreement with Hitler, and then later as part of the war against Hitler); and also invaded Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland.

So that's ten countries, just between 1939 and 1945.

Really? Who defeated the Nazis in Berlin then?? I know American WWII movies barely mention the USSR, but I am pretty certain that their armies invaded Poland (both as part of an agreement with Hitler, and then later as part of the war against Hitler); and also invaded Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland.

Don't be silly. The USSR was simply denazifying Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland in a special military operation. Also, Lativa had zombies or something.

Don't be silly. The USSR was simply denazifying Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland in a special military operation. Also, Lativa had zombies or something.
Well they were certainly denazifying on that occasion, but they must have had extraordinarily long ranged weapons if they did it all from within the 1938 borders of the USSR.

Back
Top Bottom