• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jo Jorgensen, I'm With Her

LMAO. So easily triggered.

But she should really incorporate Jo Jo and 20 20 into her campaign designs.

I wish her the best of luck. I wonder if she will try to get federal matching election funds.

"Trolling libtards worked so well for Trump, so maybe it will work for us."

- Jorgensen's campaign team, probably

Who is triggered? :confused: I just think it's kind of dumb. "We stole a hashtag from a former political candidate who lost! Now we can lose with it too, and there's nothing you can do to stop us. Bwahahaha!"

It's such a mystery why people consider libertarians to be irrelevant.
Because they seldom win political office or much popular support. Indeed, having popular support would kind of contradict their preferred aesthetic of being angry but intellectually independent lone wolves.

It was a horrible slogan the first time and now Libertarians want to recycle it? Do Libertarians ever have good ideas? Learn from history? Anything?

Who is triggered? :confused: I just think it's kind of dumb.

Who is triggered? The second article I linked has direct quotes.

Don't worry Jason, I got this...

A selection of random libtards on Twitter, that's who! They even said things like ""Her" will ALWAYS be Hillary Clinton", and called the campaign out for a lack of originality and laziness, when it is actually a stellar example of what Libertarians are best at, trolling.

Who is triggered? :confused: I just think it's kind of dumb.

Who is triggered? The second article I linked has direct quotes.
While I am certain there will be some Clinton supporters that'd get upset over this, why do people need to be reminded that Twitter is saturated with Bots, so responses might not actually be from actual people?

The problem the Libertarian Party faces is it only appeals to those with a similar mindset and toddlers can't vote.

In the last election, I issued a challenge to my Libertarian friends. Pretend I'm a working class person who works full time, lives paycheck to paycheck, has no savings or property beyond personal possessions. I can't afford medical insurance and I make just enough money that I don't qualify for Medicaid.

Imagine you are facing a room full of people like me. What is your pitch to convince me that the Libertarian candidate will improve my life. So far, no one has accepted the challenge.

The problem the Libertarian Party faces is it only appeals to those with a similar mindset and toddlers can't vote.

In the last election, I issued a challenge to my Libertarian friends. Pretend I'm a working class person who works full time, lives paycheck to paycheck, has no savings or property beyond personal possessions. I can't afford medical insurance and I make just enough money that I don't qualify for Medicaid.

Imagine you are facing a room full of people like me. What is your pitch to convince me that the Libertarian candidate will improve my life. So far, no one has accepted the challenge.

Oh, that's easy. They will deregulate everything. This in turn will make you make less money and fall for scams constantly like in the days of snake oil salesmen. BUT your overlords will earn 10x more and so they will trickle that wealth all over you in the form of tips. Your daughters will be able to finally get jobs as sex workers which will increase your family income which you will need and they can get lots of tips, too. And your kids instead of doing distance learning can get jobs at factories. You will all also be cured of coronavirus immediately because once the FDA is dismantled, the magic of the free market will stop the virus from spreading further. You won't even need to stay inside.

Who is triggered? :confused: I just think it's kind of dumb. "We stole a hashtag from a former political candidate who lost! Now we can lose with it too, and there's nothing you can do to stop us. Bwahahaha!"
That'll show those leftists.

I swear by all the non-existent gods, the psychological projection of all their weaknesses onto 'leftists' is so hilariously failworthy as to make US politics the great comedy of our time.

Except for the fact that libertarians and GOP tend to kill so many people

Kind of surprised that a person that works in the Deep State of higher education would get the nod from the Libertarian Party.

So, the platform of the Libertarian Party centers around being internet trolls?

I guess that's fine and it might get you one or two news stories about how cool and edgy you're trying to be, but Trump is running in this election too, so that's kind of like campaigning against Usain Bolt with the platform that you're a really fast runner.

Kind of surprised that a person that works in the Deep State of higher education would get the nod from the Libertarian Party.

Jo Jorgensen is a genuinely interesting person, and I wouldn't have a huge problem with having her as president... if the only alternative was Mr. Trump. I definitely don't agree with her positions on a lot of things, but she strikes me as intelligent and relatively level-headed. I listened to a full interview with her back some years ago when she was the VP candidate for the same party, and she handled the conversation well despite having way too much Rand in her rhetoric. Some of her big issues - ending civil asset forfeiture full stop, for instance - are issues that I wish more politicians would talk seriously about. Like, I would not be okay with a lot of the policies she would want to enact, but it would be nice to feel that an actual thinking, talking human being was in the White House.

Back
Top Bottom