• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Correct me if I am wrong but no has ever done what Joe Biden just did: declared he was going to pick a black woman. That immediately disqualified half of the county based on gender alone. By definition, that is SEXIST. Then Biden was pressured into picking a black woman (signed by over 100 people of color he must). That narrowed his pool of candidates to 6.7% of the US population (13.4 are black and half of them are women). Isn't using these criteria to select a running mate SEXIST and RACIST by definition? The press would explode if Trump declared he would only consider a white male for a running mate!

This will be a very interesting race to say the least. I'm fully expecting senile Biden to stay in his basement while Trump and Harris duke it out. And Trump will probably take the gloves off because they're already calling him racist (the word is losing its meaning fast). She's a junk yard dog but Trump is no poodle.....

Yes, he is a poodle. He's got one bark, namecalling, and it only worked because people were unwilling to bark back, and sure that he was disqualifying himself from such behavior.
They've learned better, something Trump is not capable of doing. Mostly because he surrounds himself with people that tell him the namecalling is working, firing anyone suggesting he change tactics.

He is really not prepared for anyone who is not disposed to tolerate his shit. Just watch the way he runs from any briefing where the press challenges him on his lies. Esp. if the reporter is a woman.

It's because the choice in the past has always been sexist and racist against anybody but white males. Have you ever complain about it before?

“The press would explode if Trump declared he would only consider a white male for a running mate!”

The press would probably collapse from the shock of finally hearing him tell the truth.

no has ever done what Joe Biden just did: declared he was going to pick a black woman. [...] Isn't using these criteria to select a running mate SEXIST and RACIST by definition? The press would explode if Trump declared he would only consider a white male for a running mate!

And here we are, he picked Pence.

It’s almost like the Democrats don’t want to win.

Four more years of Trump it is.

Wow! I'm shocked. Another crazy OP that makes totally unsubstantiated claims.

I am thrilled that Biden chose a black woman to run with him. I read this morning that he had narrowed down the choices last week to Warren, Whitmire, Rice and Harris. He has become very close to Warren but wanted someone from an younger generation. Then he decided that it would be best to make the ticket be a reflection of the party. Black females have always been the strongest supporters of the Democratic Party, so that makes sense. I don't think his decision was the result of being pressured. Biden's critics really underestimate him.

There is absolutely no evidence that Biden is senile. This is just another bullshit thing started by Trump, a man who actually does have some symptoms of decreased cognition along with some other signs that he's not mentally healthy. So, once again, Trump projects his own weaknesses on others. And, as expected, now Trump is using racism and sexism against Harris. He's even claiming that she can't be president because her parents were immigrants. OMG! Birtherism raises its ugly head again. Besides that, Trump's mother was an immigrant. The 14th amended clearly states that anyone who is born in the US is an American citizen. And, Harris was born in the US. to two legal immigrants. Choosing her has also been a positive for the immigrant community, especially those of Indian heritage.

Currently Biden is more than 10 points ahead of Trump in the polls. Harris is as well qualified as any of the other women on his list of possibilities. He and his team spent a long time carefully vetting all of the women. Trump just chose someone who was willing to run with him. Anyone who knows much about Pence realizes that he was a terrible governor and is a joke of a VP.

It's well past time to have a woman in a top leadership position. There are and have been many excellent female leaders in other countries. It's embarrassing that it's taken so long to realize the value of a female leader in my own country. Biden and Harris will face very difficult challenges after having Trump fuck things up for several years. And now, the idiot is purposely trying to oppress the vote by refusing to fund the Postal Service. Meanwhile, he has received his mail in ballot. He is such a hypocrite. It's sad that so many people have been manipulated by this corrupt, incompetent man.

But, I'm probably wasting my time trying to convince anyone who is a member of the Trump cult that Trump is the problem, so I'll end here.

Correct me if I am wrong but no has ever done what Joe Biden just did: declared he was going to pick a black woman.

You are wrong. Biden did not declare that he was going to pick a black woman. If you would like to substantiate your argument, please provide a reliably sourced direct quote from Biden. Until then, there is nothing else here that needs to be said.

Correct me if I am wrong but no has ever done what Joe Biden just did: declared he was going to pick a black woman. That immediately disqualified half of the county based on gender alone. By definition, that is SEXIST. Then Biden was pressured into picking a black woman (signed by over 100 people of color he must). That narrowed his pool of candidates to 6.7% of the US population (13.4 are black and half of them are women). Isn't using these criteria to select a running mate SEXIST and RACIST by definition? The press would explode if Trump declared he would only consider a white male for a running mate!
How about this... which candidate is going to boost turnout more? Among turnout, Hispanic and African American vote 2 in 3 and 9 in 10 for Democrats. Nominating Harris provides an emphasis for minorities to go out and support a ticket with Harris on it... and with the numbers as they are, Biden gets a decent boost with a black female verses White Male. The boosts would certainly be large enough to overturn WI, MI, and PA.

This will be a very interesting race to say the least.
To me it is more like Memento... a movie I just wanted to find out the end.
I'm fully expecting senile Biden to stay in his basement while Trump and Harris duke it out. And Trump will probably take the gloves off because they're already calling him racist (the word is losing its meaning fast). She's a junk yard dog but Trump is no poodle.....
Yes,... Trump take off the gloves... because he is known for being reserved.

It’s almost like the Democrats don’t want to win.

Four more years of Trump it is.

You're right. Biden should understand that with Trump's encouragement, white supremacy and misogyny have exploded and have returned to 19th century levels. So, nominating a black woman is going to be a tough sell to all those rust belt bigots that gave Trump his victory in 2016.

I don't agree. Obama won without a majority of white male votes. Biden can do the same. Trump's core base -- the zealots -- are still around 33% of us. The other 7 or 8% he has are so-called independents, but who knows what that term means anymore. We are now in a 22 year countdown to the end of a white majority U.S. Why else do you think Donald is taking a massive dump on the post office this month?
Yes, I long for him to be gone, I long for him to face a reckoning with the NY prosecutors. But I think there is good reason to think he can be dislodged.

You're right. Biden should understand that with Trump's encouragement, white supremacy and misogyny have exploded and have returned to 19th century levels. So, nominating a black woman is going to be a tough sell to all those rust belt bigots that gave Trump his victory in 2016.

Still not getting it.

Isn't using these criteria to select a running mate SEXIST and RACIST by definition? The press would explode if Trump declared he would only consider a white male for a running mate!

Do you honestly believe that was the only criteria Biden used for selecting his running mate? Biden needed a black woman and Kamala Harris just happened to be the first one to walk through the fucking door? To believe that to be the sole criteria is just fucking moronic.

Do you need someone to explain the process of selecting a VP in most elections? It's colloquially called "balancing the ticket". Trump picked Pence because as a serial adulterous divorcee who steals from his own charity he needed someone who would appeal to christian conservatives. Reagan chose Bush to lose his California stigma McCain chose Palin to shore up his conservative cred. This happens all the fucking time. Why is this a shock to you now?

In an Era where the rallying cries of the Democratic voter base are "defund the police" and "black lives matter", they pick the racist who wrote the 1994 Crime Bill and a prosecutor who kept people in prison she knew to be innocent so she could use the free labor.

As I minority I've seen people tell me "you should support person X because they are the same color as you." But plenty of people saw her treatment of minorities and realize that skin color be damned she must hate minorities.

Back
Top Bottom