• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jussie Smollet - Horrible Hate Crime or Horrible Case of TDS?

Isn't it amazing how assorted right-wingers want Jussie Smollet to get all the prison time for disorderly conduct while their President's henchmen, like white guy Roger Stone, should get probation for undermining democracy?

Well, okay, maybe it's not amazing at all. It really fires up the base to blather on and on about Smollet, a black guy who everyone knew was faking a publicity stunt.

I'm an old school progressive. I'm not a liberal, because I hardly know what that means today. I was a carter man, when people like President Carter could still be voted in by those who consider themselves on the left. I'm a relic of a different age where we were still considered Americans first, instead of party first.

I remember when MLK was a man instead of a street name. I remember those marches and I remember the name Bull Conner. I remember the news reels and the water hoses and the dogs being held back by the police as they jumped at black people, who were simple trying to protest.

Jessie Smollett, in one self centered, self aggrandizing event, spat in the face of all those black people who came before him, who has ever felt the boot of bigotry and prejudice. He gave those who assume all the hatred is gone the ammo to shoot back at anyone who reports anything that can't be visually verified.

I think he did much worse than anything this Stone guy ever did and ever will, because JS did what he did against the plight of his own people.

I'm an old school progressive. I'm not a liberal, because I hardly know what that means today. I was a carter man, when people like President Carter could still be voted in by those who consider themselves on the left. I'm a relic of a different age where we were still considered Americans first, instead of party first.

I remember when MLK was a man instead of a street name. I remember those marches and I remember the name Bull Conner. I remember the news reels and the water hoses and the dogs being held back by the police as they jumped at black people, who were simple trying to protest.

Jessie Smollett, in one self centered, self aggrandizing event, spat in the face of all those black people who came before him, who has ever felt the boot of bigotry and prejudice. He gave those who assume all the hatred is gone the ammo to shoot back at anyone who reports anything that can't be visually verified.

I think he did much worse than anything this Stone guy ever did and ever will, because JS did what he did against the plight of his own people.

Jussie Smullet has had zero impact on the plight of black people. Giving someone ammo? Please. They don't need ammo because they make up stories. No anecdote about a single individual should be used to represent an entire race of people. Ever. Period. Anyone who does it is wrong because the gun is wrong, not a bullet.

As to Roger Stone, yes, he helped President Twitler McCrazyPants win an election. Twitler is currently engaging in destroying Medicare, Medicaid and safety nets. Destroying democracy and the voice that people have, too. Detsroying the environment... Roger Stone helped him directly to do this. All of the IMPACT to the working poor of all races that President Carter would have cared about. Destroying everyone's grandchildren's futures...

The single anecdote of Jussie Smollet is being used to distract everyone from real criminals who impact everyone in the country for generations!

Roger Stone is a living troll. Among other things, he was involved in storming a Palm Beach County canvassing board in an attempt to create the illusion of a grassroots movement claiming fraud among those in the Canvassing Board, all in order to delay a recount to help George W. Bush steal Florida. More recently, Stone is guilty of witness tampering and lying to officials relating to his attempted or actual relationship with Wikileaks which was publishing stolen documents to help Donald Trump deal with whatever latest scandal he was dealing with, such as Pussygate.

Smollet created a fraudulent attack, designed to making it appear he was the victim of a racial attack. He was caught... but oddly enough... let go for whatever reason, but whatever sympathy he had won from his fraud, quickly evaporated into scorn.

Trying measure which of these two is the bigger dick is unnecessary. They are both dick headed.

Stone, well known for being a firearm aficionado, threatened to kill Randy Credico.

I think it's good that he's been charged, but considering he has no prior record, a plea deal that involved paying for the wasted use of police resources along with probation, community service or a suspended sentence would seem appropriate in this case. I see no point in giving him a long prison sentence. He is more likely to be the type of person who will learn a valuable lesson from this crime. Smollet only hurt himself and his reputation by doing such a stupid thing. He really didn't hurt anyone else, and there are other ways of making a person pay for his crime, other than prison time.

Isn't it amazing how assorted right-wingers want Jussie Smollet to get all the prison time for disorderly conduct while their President's henchmen, like white guy Roger Stone, should get probation for undermining democracy?
Why are you derailing with Roger Stone? There is a thread for him.
As for "all the prison time", nobody is calling for that. But there need to be consequences for his behavior. Maybe a short stint in county, and/or 100-200 hours community service should do the trick.
Well, okay, maybe it's not amazing at all. It really fires up the base to blather on and on about Smollet, a black guy who everyone knew was faking a publicity stunt.
Well not everybody knew it. Plenty have jumped the gun and believed him. And now they are all "new phone, who dis?"

As for "all the prison time", nobody is calling for that. But there need to be consequences for his behavior. Maybe a short stint in county, and/or 100-200 hours community service should do the trick.

Oh, so you mean, something reasonable? Something more commensurate with the crime. Like, say, as your own source noted, a fine of $10,000 and community service? Seems to me that a lot of people objected to that.

Stone, well known for being a firearm aficionado, threatened to kill Randy Credico.

Look back further. He's been a political operative for the right since the Nixon era. I have no love for these cockroaches. He is a blood sucker, among other bloods suckers.

Jussie Smullet has had zero impact on the plight of black people. Giving someone ammo? Please. They don't need ammo because they make up stories. No anecdote about a single individual should be used to represent an entire race of people. Ever. Period. Anyone who does it is wrong because the gun is wrong, not a bullet.

As to Roger Stone, yes, he helped President Twitler McCrazyPants win an election. Twitler is currently engaging in destroying Medicare, Medicaid and safety nets. Destroying democracy and the voice that people have, too. Detsroying the environment... Roger Stone helped him directly to do this. All of the IMPACT to the working poor of all races that President Carter would have cared about. Destroying everyone's grandchildren's futures...

The single anecdote of Jussie Smollet is being used to distract everyone from real criminals who impact everyone in the country for generations!

Please don't count me in with those who concern themselves with partisan politics or the art of deluding themselves into believing that one side is any better than the other, especially after what the DNC did to Berney Sanders the last time around. If the so-called Democratic party was so interested in Democracy they wouldn't have Super delegates bobbing around to insert the will of the establishment on the voting power of those they claim to represent, so please don't use the word Democracy as if it were still around to save or loose.

The Democrati9c party is and has been for a very long time Republican lite. Do you really think that the Far Left would have made such inroads during the last election if it were not so many people who became just as disillusioned as I have been with the rhetoric of the Democrats?

You can keep all your delusions about your Democracy and how much power an individual pull of a lever in an election booth. Enjoy that ideal and I hope you keep it as long as you can, but I don't suffer from that insanity. Republican, Democrat, Independant, whatever, the real power passed beyond the hands of everyday people when America was sold to the international conglomerates that pull the real strings in this country. The rest is just fluff and glitter.

As for Jessie Smollett, I have said what I've said and that's all I need to say. If you can't see the impact of someone falsifying an act that has repercussions that will effect public opinions on every other incident that gets reported without any corroboration, then you and I are living in two separate worlds.

So called racial "justice" groups demand charges against race-hoaxer Jussie Smolett be dropped.

Coalition of Racial Justice Groups Urge Prosecutor Daniel Webb to Drop Charges Against Jussie Smollett in Joint Letter

Chicago Crusader said:
On March 4, 2021, a coalition of racial justice and faith based organizations led by the National Black Justice Coalition and including Black Gifted and Whole, National Center for Lesbian Rights, Community Renewal Society, Black AIDS Institute, National LGBTQ Task Force, Mobilizing Our Brother’s Initaitive, sent a letter to prosecutor Daniel K. Webb, urging him to drop the charges against actor Jussie Smollett. In the letter, the groups warn that the ongoing prosecution against Smollett is an example of anti-Black and anti-LGBTQ+ bias, wherein Black LGBTQ+ and same-gender loving people are disproportionately targets of state sanctioned violence and prosecution.
Holding black people accountable for their actions and prosecuting them for crimes they commit is "bias" in the view of the woke left.
The groups also argue that the ongoing prosecution of Smollett is a waste of Chicago’s limited criminal justice resources, pointing to at least five unresolved murders of transgender women in the city (two that occured within two weeks of each other).
It is a fallacy that police/prosecutors should not pursue any other crimes if there are unsolved murders in the city.
I very much doubt this coalition would be calling for charges to be dismissed if some white actor fakes a hate crime he claimed was perpetrated by some black people.

Holding black people accountable for their actions and prosecuting them for crimes they commit is "bias" in the view of the woke left.

It is bias if you focus primarily on holding black people accountable but not anyone else dude, lmao. Which is what you do all the fucking time. You literally just shot yourself in the foot too. But OK, who cares about logic.

It is bias if you focus primarily on holding black people accountable but not anyone else dude, lmao.
Wrong. I want everybody to be held accountable. But the activists I mentioned do not want black people like Smollett to be held accountable at all.

Which is what you do all the fucking time. You literally just shot yourself in the foot too. But OK, who cares about logic.

How did I shoot myself in the foot? Jussie faked a hate crime. He should be held accountable for that. It is not "biased" to hold him accountable.

It is bias if you focus primarily on holding black people accountable but not anyone else dude, lmao. Which is what you do all the fucking time. You literally just shot yourself in the foot too. But OK, who cares about logic.

How did he “literally” shoot himself in the foot? He may have literally metaphorically done so.

How did he “literally” shoot himself in the foot? He may have literally metaphorically done so.

I like Archer as much as the next person, but unfortunately you can use the word literally in a figurative sense now:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1kETLlGn-8[/youtube]

And now the word literally has no meaning.

It’s not the first word though to be used to mean it’s opposite though. Another very common one is using “anxious” to mean “eager”.

Back
Top Bottom