• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Just Thinking about Recent Events in the Ukraine

984d5.jpg

A Malaysian plane goes missing a few months ago, and then another is shot down arguably by the "enemy". This kind of deception was conceived before (Operation Northwoods), http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1 .

This is indeed an odd story coming from abc news. I have heard about this but never saw a news story on it. Never underestimate the deviousness of the military mind.

And how exactly does one expect to accomplish this monumental conspiracy without it being a blatantly obvious false flag operation? Is anyone really so naive as to think they could fool/coerce everyone at Malaysian Airlines who would notice the fact that first one of their airplanes goes missing, and then a few months later they mysteriously have an extra airplane their colors? Or that they could fool/coerce everyone at Schiphol Airport who might notice something awry? There's literally thousands of people who'd have some manner of involvement with the act of disappearing a 777 only to have it intentionally show up under a false name somewhere else months later. To think it possible to pull off such a monumental conspiracy (or that it even makes sense to do it this way instead of the many easier ways to do it; or that it makes sense to launch a false flag operation like this now to begin with) is surely ample evidence of the sheer stupidity of the species known as human.

And how exactly does one expect to accomplish this monumental conspiracy without it being a blatantly obvious false flag operation? Is anyone really so naive as to think they could fool/coerce everyone at Malaysian Airlines who would notice the fact that first one of their airplanes goes missing, and then a few months later they mysteriously have an extra airplane their colors? Or that they could fool/coerce everyone at Schiphol Airport who might notice something awry? There's literally thousands of people who'd have some manner of involvement with the act of disappearing a 777 only to have it intentionally show up under a false name somewhere else months later. To think it possible to pull off such a monumental conspiracy (or that it even makes sense to do it this way instead of the many easier ways to do it; or that it makes sense to launch a false flag operation like this now to begin with) is surely ample evidence of the sheer stupidity of the species known as human.

When you see a good magic trick, you don't know how it's done.

Your reply in NO way addresses the specifics regarding the necessary logistics involved in such vast conspiracy. Add to such logistics the necessity to hire actors pausing as family members, relatives and friends of the 298 victims.

This conspiracy theory shows profound disrespect towards those who are mourning their loved ones. Including them as "props". To add to the "sheer stupidity of mankind", the element of dismissing pain resulting from the sudden and unexpected loss of loved ones. Of depicting hundreds of mourners as complicit to such conspiracy. Because they would have to be complicit to make that conspiracy theory hold any water.

It is my hope that none of those mourning family members, relatives and friends ever be exposed to the type of conspiracy theory crap contained in your OP. It would be very angering and painful for any of them to be exposed to that deluded crap as that crap implies that they are complicit. It would imply that all those grieving folks are just pretending to be whom they are not. Just pretending to grieve.

Yes, there are a lot of things pointing to Kiev being responsible.
Evidence Continues to Emerge #MH17 Is a False Flag Operation
That's a load of bullshit, Buk missile does not normally hit target directly as that author implies.
And passenger planes can glide up to 150 km just fine. Author is clearly taking facts from his ass.
Are you able to quote the part you think is bullshit. Otherwise it's hard to reply.
But yes you are right the missile explodes before it hits the target. If it was a missile we will find evidence consistent with that

Your reply in NO way addresses the specifics regarding the necessary logistics involved in such vast conspiracy.

You're right; my reply explains exactly why I don't know how it would be done.

Add to such logistics the necessity to hire actors pausing as family members, relatives and friends of the 298 victims.

This conspiracy theory shows profound disrespect towards those who are mourning their loved ones. Including them as "props".

Why do you assume that I think they are actors? Your imagination seems incredibly limited, so I will give you a hint: the families are real, and the passengers are dead.

To add to the "sheer stupidity of mankind",

Don't you realize how arrogant this is?

the element of dismissing pain resulting from the sudden and unexpected loss of loved ones. Of depicting hundreds of mourners as complicit to such conspiracy. Because they would have to be complicit to make that conspiracy theory hold any water.

It is my hope that none of those mourning family members, relatives and friends ever be exposed to the type of conspiracy theory crap contained in your OP. It would be very angering and painful for any of them to be exposed to that deluded crap as that crap implies that they are complicit. It would imply that all those grieving folks are just pretending to be whom they are not. Just pretending to grieve.

You seem to have a high opinion of your own intellect judging by your quote above, but your logic is unintelligent.

Do you also think that 911 conspiracy theorists think that the families are just actors.

Last edited:

<Consistency edit>

So you read what I typed, and this is what you interpreted it to mean?! Sorry my angry and clouded friend, you missed the point.

If I were you, next time I would ask what the person meant before trying to interpret it yourself; you need a little help with that part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only because you don't know how magic works.

I have some knowledge of how magic is done (my father used to do stage magic long before I was born) but no formal training. I figure out the majority of tricks I see on TV.

Or consider Penn & Teller's "Fool Me" series--they are professional magicians. They figured out most of the tricks that were presented despite the fact that the magicians coming on knew the objective was to fool them. Note that they were limited by observing it like the audience would, no ability to go back and examine anything.

Yes, there are a lot of things pointing to Kiev being responsible.
Evidence Continues to Emerge #MH17 Is a False Flag Operation

You're still ignoring the key fact--the missile launch was detected.
1.No it wasn't.
2.Yes it was but it was from Kiev controlled territory

Both these alternatives have as much evidence as your reply does.

What is the point of making these assertions but never backing them up with any evidence?

A Malaysian plane goes missing a few months ago, and then another is shot down arguably by the "enemy". This kind of deception was conceived before (Operation Northwoods), http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1 .
We also so know that the US govt will lie and distort the truth about such things. As former CIA analyst Ray Mcgovern points out in his recent piece which mentions a previous incident Facts Needed on Malaysian Plane Shoot-Down July 18, 2014

The Soviets soon realized they had made a horrendous mistake. U.S. intelligence also knew from sensitive intercepts that the tragedy had resulted from a blunder, not from a willful act of murder (much as on July 3, 1988, the USS Vincennes fired a missile that brought down an Iranian civilian airliner in the Persian Gulf, killing 290 people, an act which President Ronald Reagan explained as an “understandable accident”).

But a Soviet admission of a tragic blunder regarding KAL-007 wasn’t good enough for the Reagan administration, which saw the incident as a propaganda windfall. At the time, the felt imperative in Washington was to blacken the Soviet Union in the cause of Cold War propaganda and to escalate tensions with Moscow.

Falsifying the Case

To make the very blackest case against Moscow, the Reagan administration suppressed the exculpatory evidence from the U.S. electronic intercepts. The U.S. mantra became “the deliberate downing of a civilian passenger plane.” Newsweek ran a cover emblazoned with the headline “Murder in the Sky.”

“The Reagan administration’s spin machine began cranking up,” wrote Alvin A. Snyder, then-director of the U.S. Information Agency’s television and film division, in his 1995 book, Warriors of Disinformation.

USIA Director Charles Z. Wick “ordered his top agency aides to form a special task force to devise ways of playing the story overseas. The objective, quite simply, was to heap as much abuse on the Soviet Union as possible,” Snyder recalled.

Snyder noted that “the American media swallowed the U.S. government line without reservation. Said the venerable Ted Koppel on the ABC News ‘Nightline’ program: ‘This has been one of those occasions when there is very little difference between what is churned out by the U.S. government propaganda organs and by the commercial broadcasting networks.’”

On Sept. 6, 1983, the Reagan administration went so far as to present a doctored transcript of the intercepts to the United Nations Security Council (a prelude to a similar false presentation two decades later by Secretary of State Colin Powell on Iraq’s alleged weapons of mass destruction

http://www.cracked.com/article_21341_5-ways-every-conspiracy-theory-makes-world-worse.html

conspiracy theories turn you into an asshole.

Science seems to agree, by the way. A 2011 experiment sat down British college students, and after giving them primers on popular conspiracy theories like 9/11 and the JFK assassination, asked them if they would help pull those off if they had the chance. The ones that believed the conspiracy theories were also the ones more likely to say yes. And that group was also the most likely to dick people over for their own ends.

Please, for fuck's sake, just STOP with the bullshit.

Things are bad enough without crackpots making them worse.

No amount of evidence matters to people who are determined to believe in conspiracy, so I am not going to reiterate all the myriad reasons why all this bullshit is bullshit; but I am sick to death of reading this crap.

There is no connection between the MH017 and MH370 incidents. MAS are incredibly unlucky. Lots of people are dead; their families and friends can do without a bunch of morons pursuing some crackpot theory about how all of this is part of some carefully orchestrated plot. It isn't; people fuck up, and stuff happens which nobody predicted in advance.

If you can't be part of the solution, at least stop making things worse, by shutting the fuck up unless you have real, first hand knowledge of some relevant facts. If you are 'Just thinking about' this, then keep your thoughts to yourself unless your evidence is a damn sight better than some dumb 14 year old article about a possible operation that might have been considered fifty years ago.

John 11:35.

Back
Top Bottom