• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kamala Harris's Shoes

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
A woman wearing comfortable shoes? This is an outrage!

1597675651-20200817.png

What's next, pockets in women's clothes?

Kamala Harris shoe choice: Video of Harris in Chuck Taylor All-Stars Converse goes viral - The Washington Post

Internet is raving about Kamala Harris' sneaker choice - "The internet falls head first for Kamala Harris' feet."

So she wears designer sneakers?

Some other female politicians have worn similar shoes, at least while campaigning, like Elizabeth Warren. But it is common for female politicians to wear high heels, as Nancy Pelosi does.

“Designer” sneakers? LOL. “Designed in 1922 based on feedback from a basketball player” isn’t “designer”.

Well that's a stupid take. For one, she is being highly praised for wearing Chuck's. And two, with regards to that comic, you realize, women are allowed to buy any shoes they want, right?

Kamala Harris shoe choice: Video of Harris in Chuck Taylor All-Stars Converse goes viral - The Washington Post

Internet is raving about Kamala Harris' sneaker choice - "The internet falls head first for Kamala Harris' feet."

So she wears designer sneakers?

Some other female politicians have worn similar shoes, at least while campaigning, like Elizabeth Warren. But it is common for female politicians to wear high heels, as Nancy Pelosi does.

Chucks aren't designer sneakers.

In any case, this was a shrewd move by Harris.

My kids wear those shoes. They are NOT 'designer' - they aren't even that expensive.
And they are not comfortable. I don't understand why grown people wear that crap.

I completely agree. Chucks are trash. I think the only reason I could imagine for adults to wear them is to show off an impractical "Bohemian" style.

Well that's a stupid take. For one, she is being highly praised for wearing Chuck's. And two, with regards to that comic, you realize, women are allowed to buy any shoes they want, right?

You realize women can buy whatever shoes they want but there are dress codes in many businesses and expectations in certain professions that require them to wear the stupid ones with the cramped toe box and medium to tall heels that are terrible for walking and usually cause foot problems for the wearer, right?

Conservavites: "She's wearing designer sneakers costing hundreds of dollars! This is exactly what the elitist Democrat Party does."

Also, conservatives: "She's wearing cheapo sneakers. She's immature and not fit for office!"

Finally, conservatives: "The Democrat Party is gushing over Kamala Harris's shoes. See? This is why Democrats are the true sexists. They judge women's fashion choices!"

My kids wear those shoes. They are NOT 'designer' - they aren't even that expensive.
And they are not comfortable. I don't understand why grown people wear that crap.

I completely agree. Chucks are trash. I think the only reason I could imagine for adults to wear them is to show off an impractical "Bohemian" style.

They've been around for a while. When I was a kid that was the athletic shoe to have. They were expensive compared to other shoes.

Not sure what kid of cheaped-down crap they've become. I found them extremely comfortable as a kid but haven't worn them in 50 years. Converse were comfortable and rugged in their day.

They've been around for a while. When I was a kid that was the athletic shoe to have. They were expensive compared to other shoes.

Not sure what kid of cheaped-down crap they've become. I found them extremely comfortable as a kid but haven't worn them in 50 years. Converse were comfortable and rugged in their day.

I bought a pair a few years ago and they had fallen to the back of my closet. This summer while doing a purge of unused items, I ran across them and put them on again. I had forgotten just how light and comfortable they (the canvas ones, anyways) in the summer. I'm not so sure my fallen arches could handle them for a 10 mile hike but otherwise, they were very, very comfortable.

The point about shoes being made largely by slave labor is a good one. I just have not had a lot of luck finding shoes that are NOT.

Whatever you may think of Kamala Harris's choice of footwear, she chose to wear something that is not uber expensive or difficult to find or uncomfortable--she wore comfortable, down to earth shoes that a lot of people like. Too often, women are expected to wear uncomfortable clothing and uncomfortable shoes. It's nice to see someone wear something realistic.

You realize women can buy whatever shoes they want but there are dress codes in many businesses and expectations in certain professions that require them to wear the stupid ones with the cramped toe box and medium to tall heels that are terrible for walking and usually cause foot problems for the wearer, right?

It's not like men are allowed to wear sneakers in those places either though. They have to wear dress shoes. And overall, professional/business dress codes allow women far more leeway than men, who are for examples required to wear ties (which is basically a noose around your neck, let's be honest) and suit jackets at those types of workplaces.

Derec, do you really think conservatives make men adhere to strict dress codes far more than women or are you just saying that?

When you are a 40kg kid, everything is comfortable. But when you are 80kg adult, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom