• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kanye West for President - mechanics of it

Republicans push Kanye 2020. But will it really hurt Biden?
Kanye West’s unlikely White House bid is getting help qualifying for presidential ballots in key states from Republicans around the country, fueling suspicions he’s being pushed to run by allies of President Donald Trump hoping to siphon support away from Joe Biden.
Kanye West Challenged on Legitimacy of Signatures for Illinois Ballot
TMZ's learned there have been 3 objections filed with the Illinois Board of Elections ... which means it will now evaluate the validity of the signatures on his petition, and then hold a special meeting to decide whether Kanye's name gets printed on the state's ballots.

As for the objectors themselves ... we spoke to one, Sean Tenner, who says after reviewing roughly 3,200 signatures, he claims to have found less than 1,000 valid signatures in Kanye's docs. Sean believes the rest are invalid, but wouldn't specifically say why.
He will need 2,500 signatures to get on the ballot.

Kanye West Booted Off Illinois Ballot Due to 1,900 Invalid Signatures
The tally is in, and 1,928 were ruled invalid ... which leaves Ye way more than a thousand short of the 2,500 needed to be a Presidential candidate on the state's ballots. What we don't know is what was wrong with the bad ones.
It could be lots of things -- fake names, fake addresses, unregistered voters, illegible signatures, ...

Complaints ask Wisconsin to keep Kanye West off presidential ballot
The state Democratic Party filed a complaint Friday asking state officials to block rapper Kanye West from appearing on the presidential ballot in Wisconsin this November, saying his campaign was tardy submitting its signatures.

The challenge also suggests there are numerous problems with West's nomination papers, including incorrect addresses for circulators and bogus signatures, such as "Mickey Mouse" and "Bernie Sanders." It also included affidavits from six individuals who said they were duped into putting their names on West's paperwork.

"If the affidavits are true … crimes were committed by the West campaign," said attorney Michael Maistelman, who gathered the affidavits for the state Democratic Party.
KW's campaigners have turned in 2,400 signatures, over the 2,000 minimum for acceptance.

Seems to me that KW entered the race too late. He should have started six months ago or even further back. That would have given more time for him to collect signatures. When Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ran for the NY-14 seat the first time around, she didn't want to risk failing because she did not have enough signatures. So she decided to collect a LOT more than was needed: 1,250. She aimed at collecting some 10,000 signatures, but she ended up with 5,000 of them -- 4 times as much as was necessary. Fortunately, her opponent, Joe Crowley, never challenged them.

Exclusive: Kanye West Indicates That His Spoiler Campaign Is Indeed Designed To Hurt Biden
... the billionaire rap superstar indicated, in an interview by text today, that he was in fact running to siphon votes from the presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden.

Asked about that directly, West said that rather than running for president, he was “walking,” quickly adding that he was “walking . . . to win.”

When it was pointed out that he actually can’t win in 2020—that he won’t be on enough ballots to yield 270 electoral votes, and that a write-in campaign isn’t feasible—and thus was serving as a spoiler, West replied: “I’m not going to argue with you. Jesus is King.”
Trying to wrap himself in Jesus Christ.
West did not respond when asked whether he feels he’s being used. When I pointed out to West that the slapdash operation to get him on the ballot, which includes one operative previously arrested for voter fraud and multiple West “electors” from the same address, didn’t feel like a Kanye West production, West replied that it was a “God production.”
A "God production"? Any self-respecting deity would *not* want to be associated with such a shambolic campaign.

Kanye West Says He’s Done With Trump—Opens Up About White House Bid, Damaging Biden And Everything In Between
That he no longer supports President Trump. “I am taking the red hat off, with this interview.”

That he’s okay with siphoning off Black votes from the Democratic nominee, thus helping Trump. “I’m not denying it, I just told you. To say that the Black vote is Democratic is a form of racism and white supremacy.”
That's hopelessly erratic. He jumps between not supporting Trump and supporting him.

"That he’s never voted in his life." -- That could well be correct, but he wants to jump from that to the Presidency???
That he believes “Planned Parenthoods have been placed inside cities by white supremacists to do the Devil’s work.”

“Trump is the closest president we’ve had in years to allowing God to still be part of the conversation.”
The movement-conservative Evangelical-Protestant God, of course.
“That is a form of racism and white supremacy and white control to say that all Black people need to be Democrat and to assume that me running is me splitting the vote. All of that information is being charged up on social media platforms by Democrats. And Democrats used to tell me, the same Democrats have threatened me. . . . The reason why this is the first day I registered to vote is because I was scared. I was told that if I voted on Trump my music career would be over. I was threatened into being in one party. I was threatened as a celebrity into being in one party. I was threatened as a Black man into the Democratic party. And that’s what the Democrats are doing, emotionally, to my people. Threatening them to the point where this white man can tell a Black man if you don’t vote for me, you’re not Black.”
So he wants to be a Republican for the sake of being a Republican?

“Let’s see if the appointing is at 2020 or if it’s 2024—because God appoints the president. If I win in 2020 then it was God’s appointment. If I win in 2024 then that was God’s appointment.” -- so God fixes elections. At least AOC made more sense when she said about her first primary run that she did what she could to get elected and left the rest to "the Universe".

He also stated that a vaccine for COVID-19 would be bad because vaccines are "the mark of the Beast" of the Book of Revelation.

Rapper Kanye West files in Ohio to run for president
To qualify as an independent candidate for president, West will need 5,000 valid signatures of registered Ohio voters. His campaign submitted 14,886 signatures and other paperwork on Wednesday afternoon. Election officials will now check for possible errors or missing information.

West also listed a slate of 18 people who will vote for him at the Electoral College if Ohioans select West for president. Of West's 18 electors, all but two are from Cuyahoga County. Six listed the same Cleveland address and another four listed the same address in the Cleveland suburb of Lakewood.

If West doesn't make the ballot as an independent candidate, he could file as a write-in one as late as Aug. 24.
KW has filed for appearing in AR, CO, IL, MO, OK, WV, and WI. He has withdrawn from NJ and he has missed filing deadlines in several states, like FL, MI, and TX, and it seems, CA also.

Back
Top Bottom