• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kapaernick

- White people etc. also get shot by police. Why are black people special?
What prompted the non-sequitur of "Why are black people special?" or do you think people need your approval of what causes to champion?

Jimmy was singling out black people getting shot by police when in reality people of all races get shot by police. So, again, what makes black people special that they should be emphasized like that?
Jimmy was not singling anyone out - he was paraphrasing Kaepernick's position. So as far as I can see, you have not answered my question.

Now, are you really asking "Why is ______ emphasizing police shootings of all people?" with your insulting "what makes black people special"? Well, you would need to ask Kaepernick that question. But that goes back to my original question of why do you think you need to approve of a cause someone champions?

Unarmed. Granted, unarmed white people also probably get shot, but white people don’t seem to care.
Of course white (and other) unarmed people get shot as well.
heres-what-we-know-about-race-and-killings-by-pol-2-8591-1449540992-0_dblbig.jpg

But the more important thing is that, as I have said may times, being unarmed does not mean that the shooting is unjustified. An unarmed perp attacking a cop can disarm him quickly. Also, activists will often refer to people armed with realistic replica firearms or using their cars as weapons as "unarmed".

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy was not singling anyone out - he was paraphrasing Kaepernick's position.
From what I can tell, Jimmy agrees with Kaep about focusing on black people shot by police.
But that goes back to my original question of why do you think you need to approve of a cause someone champions?
I have as much of a right to an opinion as Kaep or Jimmy or you.

Looks like a lot more black being shot per capita.

But you would have to adjust for police interactions. Blacks commit more serious crimes (5-6 times more homicides for example) than white people as well.

The police interactions exist because of years of redlining and huge pockets of black poverty all over the place.

Exclude the poor and the young and what are the numbers of homicides?

Reactions: WAB
Looks like a lot more black being shot per capita.

But you would have to adjust for police interactions. Blacks commit more serious crimes (5-6 times more homicides for example) than white people as well.

The police interactions exist because of years of redlining and huge pockets of black poverty all over the place.

The poverty and sociological reasons why blacks are 5-10 times more likely to be committing homicide, assault, theft, and all types of illegal weapons crimes is irrelevant. The underlying causes don't change the fact that cops are more likely to have to approach violent and likely armed suspects who are black than white. So, if their "false alarm" rate in shooting suspects was equal for blacks and whites (and thus not racially motivated), blacks would still be the group most likely to get shot both when armed and when unarmed because they are the most likely to be suspects, because they are the most likely to have committed the crime the cops are responding to.

The poverty and sociological reasons why blacks are 5-10 times more likely to be committing homicide, assault, theft, and all types of illegal weapons crimes is irrelevant. The underlying causes don't change the fact that cops are more likely to have to approach violent and likely armed suspects who are black than white. So, if their "false alarm" rate in shooting suspects was equal for blacks and whites (and thus not racially motivated), blacks would still be the group most likely to get shot both when armed and when unarmed because they are the most likely to be suspects, because they are the most likely to have committed the crime the cops are responding to.

First you confine them to ghettos.

And you deny them opportunity.

Then you shoot them.

There is an answer. Massive efforts to improve conditions and opportunity in the inner cities. It'll help a lot of poor whites too.

But that might mean less wars.

And the for-profit prison system is really working out well for the right people.

Back
Top Bottom