• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kenyan lawyer offers large herds of livestock for Malia Obama

I once offered a girl I liked one of my chickens if she would go out with me. She seemed offended. Maybe I should have offered two chickens? Coulda, woulda, shoulda...its all water under the bridge now.

That seems like kind of a cheap price for a sitting President's daughter. Maybe for a state senator's kid that would be acceptable, but this guy is way undervaluing the product.

I get that you always want to lowball your opening offer and then start to haggle, but if the offer is embarrassingly low then respectable people won't want to do business with you at all. People pay Obama $90K for a frigging lunch meeting, so if you want one of his little girls, you either put your opening bid in the eight-figure range or you look to find a bride in your own damn price range.

That was my first thought. Anyone have the USD figure on 50 cows, 70 sheep and 30 goats?

That seems like kind of a cheap price for a sitting President's daughter. Maybe for a state senator's kid that would be acceptable, but this guy is way undervaluing the product.

I get that you always want to lowball your opening offer and then start to haggle, but if the offer is embarrassingly low then respectable people won't want to do business with you at all. People pay Obama $90K for a frigging lunch meeting, so if you want one of his little girls, you either put your opening bid in the eight-figure range or you look to find a bride in your own damn price range.

That was my first thought. Anyone have the USD figure on 50 cows, 70 sheep and 30 goats?
CNN did the math, and they came up with 90,000 USD.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/living/feat-malia-obama-kenyan-lawyer/index.html

Malia really needs to decide if she wants to be Africa's queen or not. Or if she passes the crown up, her smaller sister. Instead she's going to music festivals? Men are at war for her hand, and she's busy going to concerts? Lol, I guess that's what kids do, and she doesn't realize just how important she is to Africa. There are millions of men just realizing how important she is and you can bet there will be millions of African men coming for her. I would know lol..

Does the African American princess want to be the African queen? Would you, in that situation?
:eek:

Who in her right mind would want to be the African Queen? We know how that movie ends!

For a sitting American President's daughter, yes. :evilgrin:

For a sitting American President's daughter, yes. :evilgrin:
But then the President will be unemployed in another year and a half. Maybe, knowing he will soon be jobless, he would consider that much livestock would give him a good alternative to standing in the unemployment line. :shrug:

It's not disrespecting "Kenyans", it's disrespecting the treating of women as property (which is something worth disrespecting). There's nothing inherent about Kenyans which forces them to do that or anything about my position which wouldn't apply equally well to the elitist white guy next to me who also thought that women should be the property of the man.
I accept or partially accept the premises, here, but there really isn't much of a difference between disrespecting a commonly-accepted facet of a culture and disrespecting the culture. You see the difference, but Kenyans wouldn't. One of my colleagues from grad school was a Nigerian immigrant, and we talked over dinner about the treatment of homosexuals in Nigeria. He said that any homosexual in Nigeria is driven out of his village, that is the way it should be, and westerners should mind their own damn business about it. I said that such a practice is highly backward and cruel. Of course he did not take kindly to that statement. I disrespected his culture, I knew it, I accepted it, and I saw it as justified.

He just used "Culture" as a way not to take personal responsabikity for your own beliefs. Culture is no excuse.

Well, his offer has propelled him into World News. First notoriety then Oprah and the lecture circuit... at least a hundred grand a pop. He can buy plenty of cows and goats for that kind of money, and a whole hut full of wives.

I once offered a girl I liked one of my chickens if she would go out with me. She seemed offended. Maybe I should have offered two chickens? Coulda, woulda, shoulda...its all water under the bridge now.

You should have offered her your rooster.

A bit late to the party here; but why are people saying this is a bit low for a sitting president's daughter? Is there some reason why a president's daughter would be worth more as a wife than a random other person's daughter? It's not like Obama's daughter will inherit his lands and titles. If I were going to pay someone to marry his daughter I'd expect that I was living in feudal times, and therefore it'd be foolish to marry the daughter of a republic's head of state!

Is there some reason why a president's daughter would be worth more as a wife than a random other person's daughter?
Well, if the offer's accepted he's going to be headlining more media than a Royal Wedding. Plus he'll be in every US History Textbook for the next 1000 years.
Invited on every talk show for 10 years.

A bit late to the party here; but why are people saying this is a bit low for a sitting president's daughter? Is there some reason why a president's daughter would be worth more as a wife than a random other person's daughter? It's not like Obama's daughter will inherit his lands and titles. If I were going to pay someone to marry his daughter I'd expect that I was living in feudal times, and therefore it'd be foolish to marry the daughter of a republic's head of state!

Obama's still going to be a rich and influential person with instant access to every major decision-maker on the planet and many of them are going to want to bend over backwards to get his support. Having that type of person in your family is worth millions.

Obama's still going to be a rich and influential person with instant access to every major decision-maker on the planet and many of them are going to want to bend over backwards to get his support. Having that type of person in your family is worth millions.

A better explanation would be that even if one of their offspring is retarded, they may end up being the leader of a powerful nation. Go simple bro...

A better explanation would be that even if one of their offspring is retarded, they may end up being the leader of a powerful nation. Go simple bro...

Well ya, a GOP candidate is eventually going to win, but that's somewhat unrelated to this topic.

Is there some reason why a president's daughter would be worth more as a wife than a random other person's daughter?

Are you serious?

Presumably his daughters will inherit his soon to be considerable fortune. If the money isn't enough, you'd be marrying into a very influential family. Certainly, it'd be a lot more advantageous than marrying a random person.

Take a look around. Former US Presidents do very well. Who wouldn't want to have a father in law who could pick up a phone and talk the the King of Saudi Arabia, while he had the Prime Minister of Great Britain on hold.

Back
Top Bottom