• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kid "proves" Hawking in wrong - God exists!

Never did understand the claim it takes more faith to be an atheist...
I mean, i did not choise atheism. I did not adopt the stance in order to acquire all the cool swag.
I kept trying to undrrstand and validate the belirpf i had in the god i was eaised to worship.
A little bit of evidence, a decent argument, maybe a conversation without threats?

And this genius just repeats a cliche?
Why don't i find that at all compelling?

That, and the fact he rejects so much cosmology as an Atheist position...

Meh.

Did Stephen Hawking really say “God does not exist”?

I thought he was more a deist of sorts. A purpose to the universe.

I've always been curious about the weird obsession these christians seem to have with 'child geniuses' proving this or that. Why child geniuses? Why not adult geniuses?

I've always been curious about the weird obsession these christians seem to have with 'child geniuses' proving this or that. Why child geniuses? Why not adult geniuses?

Scriptural support in Psalm 8:2 and Matthew 21:16.

Also, have you never met a home-schooled 8-year-old with an inhaler, Coke bottle glasses, an armload of Dominion Kingdom textbooks, no TV, and the phrase 'per se' on his lips?

I thought he was more a deist of sorts. A purpose to the universe.

So, was it smart asteroids to guide evolution (dinosaurs were lazy, inefficient fatasses, like Rush Limbaugh in his prime), or the fact that intelligence has time to escape the Earth before the sun goes full Surtr on our asses?

Yes, Hawking did say there aren't any gods....

Hawking said: "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation."
I'm not sure whether there was a specific moment in which science overtook the deistic explanation of existence. However, El Mundo pressed him on the suggestion in "A Brief History of Time" that a unifying theory of science would help mankind "know the mind of God."
Hawking now explained: "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist."

My bold.

Hawking was right.

https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-makes-it-clear-there-is-no-god/

I seem to recall a similar thread from a while back, about a kid who was setting out to do no less than prove the existence of God in a rigorous, scientific manner. IIRC he was also homeschooled, and called a 'genius'. But it may have been a different kid.

Like I said, its an obsession of theirs.

Does it matter if he said either God does or doesn't exist?

Yes, to me it does.
But feel free to mind your own business if you think it doesn't matter.

You can't prove that Vishnu doesn't exist, therefore Vishnu is real, therefore the Bible is wrong when it says your god is the one and only god.

If Vishnu is real then atheism is false.

Yes, to me it does.
But feel free to mind your own business if you think it doesn't matter.

You can't prove that Vishnu doesn't exist, therefore Vishnu is real, therefore the Bible is wrong when it says your god is the one and only god.

If Vishnu is real then atheism is false.

If the burden of proof works the way you say, then yes, atheism is false, but that also means that all the gods of all the religions are true, which means the Bible is definitely false because the Bible claims to represent the one and only true god.

So either you can admit that you're doing the burden of proof wrong and abandon your insistence that other people disprove your truth claims, or you can keep insisting that it's our job to disprove your god, and admit that Christianity is false as a consequence of your unwillingness to accept the burden of your own claims.

Your call.

If the burden of proof works the way you say, then yes, atheism is false, but that also means that all the gods of all the religions are true, which means the Bible is definitely false because the Bible claims to represent the one and only true god.

Only if Vishnu and Jehovah aren't ONE in the same Being

Underseer said:
So either you can admit that you're doing the burden of proof wrong and abandon your insistence that other people disprove your truth claims, or you can keep insisting that it's our job to disprove your god,

I don't insist that others disprove my claims.
Quite the opposite.

When did you ever hear me say anything like...atheists have the burden of proof?
The persuasive burden rests on the person who WANTS to persuade.

And if atheists wish to remain unpersuasive that's fine by me :cool:

My religion is theism.
Yours is atheism.
So if any Supreme Being exists - I'm right and you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom