• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kushner's statement

Artemus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist and general cynic
Jared Kushner has released a statement prior to his meetings with the Congressional committees today. His defense is basically "I had no idea what I was doing so I can't be held responsible." Ordinarily I'm a strong believer in  Hanlon's Razor ("never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"), but it seems a bit too convenient here. I'm sure that a large majority of the republican congress will publicly accept it at face value, though. (At least until Mueller's report comes out)

What the hell does he mean he was "building and managing" companies?

It means he was using other people's money and giving orders to people actually working, while sitting in some office with a secretary bringing him his coffee.

He is a sickening parasite. His kind is something we should be rid of by now as a species.

bullshit said:
The only other Russian contact during the campaign is one I did not recall at all until I was reviewing documents and emails in response to congressional requests for information. In June 2016, my brother-in-law, Donald Trump Jr. asked if I was free to stop by a meeting on June 9 at 3:00 p.m. The campaign was headquartered in the same building as his office in Trump Tower, and it was common for each of us to swing by the other's meetings when requested. He eventually sent me his own email changing the time of the meeting to 4:00 p.m. That email was on top of a long back and forth that I did not read at the time.
Nice plausible deniability. Well sure, I got an email that explains that this was an attempt to collude with the Russians, but I didn't read it and Donnie Jr didn't mention a thing about it.

Funny how there were multiple players with Russian connections to a company who was under investigation by the US. What I find funny is that I believe only Donald Trump Jr. has admitted that Clinton intel was ever part of this meeting.

bullshit said:
I arrived at the meeting a little late. When I got there, the person who has since been identified as a Russian attorney was talking about the issue of a ban on U.S. adoptions of Russian children. I had no idea why that topic was being raised and quickly determined that my time was not well-spent at this meeting. Reviewing emails recently confirmed my memory that the meeting was a waste of our time and that, in looking for a polite way to leave and get back to my work, I actually emailed an assistant from the meeting after I had been there for ten or so minutes and wrote "Can u pls call me on my cell? Need excuse to get out of meeting."
"For a polite way to leave?" He shows up late to a meeting he cares to know nothing about, is in a room with strangers (including a Russian interpreter), and the thinks it is a waste of his time, without allegedly knowing anything about the meeting... but he needs a polite reason to leave.

bullshit said:
Approximately a week later, on December 6, the Embassy asked if I could meet with the Ambassador on December 7. I declined. They then asked if I could meet on December 6; I declined again. They then asked when the earliest was that I could meet. I declined these requests because I was working on many other responsibilities for the transition. He asked if he could meet my assistant instead and, to avoid offending the Ambassador, I agreed. He did so on December 12. My assistant reported that the Ambassador had requested that I meet with a person named Sergey Gorkov who he said was a banker and someone with a direct line to the Russian President who could give insight into how Putin was viewing the new administration and best ways to work together. I agreed to meet Mr. Gorkov because the Ambassador has been so insistent, said he had a direct relationship with the President, and because Mr. Gorkov was only in New York for a couple days. I made room on my schedule for the meeting that occurred the next day, on December 13.
I'm seeing this repeatedly. Kuschner is a real nice guy. He doesn't want to offend anyone. It is all a big misunderstanding. So anyway... I completely told the Ambassador to fuck off, but because he was so insistent, I met with some random Russian banker guy because he'd give me the skinny on Putin's views of us.

I agree with Artemus. The narrative reads like 'poor little boy in the woods'. It is a very intentional narrative, and if I was a US Senator, my first question would be "Based on your opening statement, it sounds like you are admitting to being extremely naive. In fact, it seems like if you didn't collude with the Russians, you could have done even worse damage allowing yourself to be used by them."

Meanwhile, Kuschner will smile and nod and not much will come of this, except for his bidding musical number, "Throwing Donnie Jr. Under the Bus".

This little weasel will say anything he can in order to avoid jail. And that's fine. It's what most people would do. The results of his ratting-out are what matters. Let him rat out Trump, Jr., Manafort, and anyone else to bring this administration down.

From the outside looking in, this looks like the beginnings of deal-making time (and lawyers make the best deals, just really wonderful, all the smartest people agree).

Ah, yes...the nice but naive Kushner routine....thought that seemed familiar, beyond his MBA and Law degree from NY Law School.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/28/opinions/kushner-not-naive-opinion-obeidallah/index.html
ared Kushner may be a lot of things, but naive is definitely not one of them.
<snip>
Though Kushner lacks the political experience of a traditional White House advisor, Kushner's conduct can in no way be dismissed as simple naivete. He's a 36-year-old lawyer and real estate/media tycoon.
<snip>
Even before graduating from law school, Kushner had purchased The New York Observer, a well-respected media publication, for $10 million. Add to that, Kushner shortly thereafter purchased 666 Fifth Avenue, a prestigious New York City office building for $1.8 billion.
And it's clear that Kushner played hardball in the cutthroat world of New York real estate. As The Washington Post reported on Sunday, Kushner used The Observer to go after those who stood in his way.

This AH knew damn well what was happening. Such BS. "Oh there is a Russian in the room? Gosh golly gee this is a boring meeting, I'll have my assistant get me out of it." This is the best defense his lawyers can come up with? The man is guilty as hell and he has run back to his cave to barricade himself in.

This AH knew damn well what was happening. Such BS. "Oh there is a Russian in the room? Gosh golly gee this is a boring meeting, I'll have my assistant get me out of it." This is the best defense his lawyers can come up with? The man is guilty as hell and he has run back to his cave to barricade himself in.
I would presume, he has an email with that contact to his assistant.

But boy, is it convenient he entered the room, after they talked about the Clinton intel.

I would presume, he has an email with that contact to his assistant.
Yes, It would be great if he can produce the evidence supporting his story.

My friend just asked for a ride. How was I to know anything was up when he threw a bunch of guns and masks in the back and he and his buddies got in and asked me to drive them to the nearest bank? Besides, they left the bank with no money, so what harm was done?

It really is sad that the best defense that the person whom the President has put in charge of 86 different major government projects and organizations is "I'm a stupid and incompetent dipshit".

Anyways, it's an easily verifiable story. Has he released the email which he sent to his assistant with the timestamp during the meeting attached to it and his cellphone log with the call from her in the middle of that meeting? Those would go a long way towards my buying his story.

It really is sad that the best defense that the person whom the President has put in charge of 86 different major government projects and organizations is "I'm a stupid and incompetent dipshit".

Anyways, it's an easily verifiable story. Has he released the email which he sent to his assistant with the timestamp during the meeting attached to it and his cellphone log with the call from her in the middle of that meeting? Those would go a long way towards my buying his story.

Subject: "Russia - Clinton - private and confidential."
Does he always overlook subject lines in emails?
Attend meetings despite having no idea what they're about?

If so, Cheato should be impeached for putting such a moron in charge of damn near everything.

CNN reports he has released it to the Congressional investigative boards. I ponder if it reads, "Got intel against Clinton, but meetings are so boring, they are droning on about a Prevezon investigation, whatever, just send us a memo and we'll do it. Puhlease get me out of this."

Lest we forget:

Looks as if Russians are constructing nice frames from which to hang all these idiots on Trump team.

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.1fbad7d08750

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.
The White House disclosed the meeting only in March, playing down its significance. But people familiar with the matter say the FBI now considers the encounter, as well as another meeting Kushner had with a Russian banker, to be of investigative interest.

if Kushner has no idea what he was doing, then why does he still have a job?

Because the President is an idiot who lacks the ability to hire competent people, so he just gives jobs to his family members.

Subject: "Russia - Clinton - private and confidential."
Does he always overlook subject lines in emails?
Attend meetings despite having no idea what they're about?

If so, Cheato should be impeached for putting such a moron in charge of damn near everything.

Even Shepard Smith on Fox News (yes, that Fox news) ripped him one for that.

Back
Top Bottom