• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Latest right wing conspiracy theory: JFK jr faked his death to become QAnon leader

QAnon Revealed?

How three conspiracy theorists took 'Q' and sparked Qanon

In November 2017, a small-time YouTube video creator and two moderators of the 4chan website, one of the most extreme message boards on the internet, banded together and plucked out of obscurity an anonymous and cryptic post from the many conspiracy theories that populated the website's message board.

Over the next several months, they would create videos, a Reddit community, a business and an entire mythology based off the 4chan posts of “Q,” the pseudonym of a person claiming to be a high-ranking military officer. The theory they espoused would become Qanon, and it would eventually make its way from those message boards to national media stories and the rallies of President Donald Trump.

Now, the people behind that effort are at the center of a fractious debate among conspiracy enthusiasts, some of whom believe the three people who first popularized the Qanon theory are promoting it in order to make a living. Others suggest that these original followers actually wrote Q’s mysterious posts.

How three conspiracy theorists took 'Q' and sparked Qanon

In November 2017, a small-time YouTube video creator and two moderators of the 4chan website, one of the most extreme message boards on the internet, banded together and plucked out of obscurity an anonymous and cryptic post from the many conspiracy theories that populated the website's message board.

Over the next several months, they would create videos, a Reddit community, a business and an entire mythology based off the 4chan posts of “Q,” the pseudonym of a person claiming to be a high-ranking military officer. The theory they espoused would become Qanon, and it would eventually make its way from those message boards to national media stories and the rallies of President Donald Trump.

Now, the people behind that effort are at the center of a fractious debate among conspiracy enthusiasts, some of whom believe the three people who first popularized the Qanon theory are promoting it in order to make a living. Others suggest that these original followers actually wrote Q’s mysterious posts.
Great, a 21st Century Scientology.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...77c6e4-aa35-11e8-b1da-ff7faa680710_story.html

Furthermore, according to a conspiracy theory network popular among some Trump boosters, when McCain supposedly died on Saturday, he did not succumb to cancer but took his own life to avoid being hauled off to Guantanamo Bay and put before a military tribunal for his longtime work helping Islamic State terrorists and others. (And before he died, he concealed his criminal ankle bracelet by wearing a medical boot on his leg.)

Unless, of course, the suicide, like the cancer, was just a ruse. In that case, McCain will continue to work secretly for the deep state and for the Clinton Foundation.

Latest: John McCain faked his death so he can go to work for the Deep State/Obama/Clinton against the virtuous forces of Trump/Russia/Q.

Words fail me. I don't care how conservative/libertarian they are; how can anyone be this profoundly detached from reality?

I wonder if, in the face of a mountain of evidence that they voted for an extremely unqualified, money laundering, unpatriotic Russian sympathizer, they created this alternate reality so they can rationalize the irrational.

I'm reminded of an electrician I know from work who, before the election, went on about how Trump would be good for the USA, and now he admits how embarrassed he is and vows never to talk politics with us again.

I wonder if, in the face of a mountain of evidence that they voted for an extremely unqualified, money laundering, unpatriotic Russian sympathizer, they created this alternate reality so they can rationalize the irrational.

I'm reminded of an electrician I know from work who, before the election, went on about how Trump would be good for the USA, and now he admits how embarrassed he is and vows never to talk politics with us again.

... great - as long as he doesn't vote again.

Tell him this:

Saying you don't want to talk about politics is itself a political position. It says that you like how things are and don't want them to change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ain-subreddit-for-qanon-conspiracy-theorists/

Reddit bans r/greatawakening, the main subreddit for QAnon conspiracy theorists

As of Wednesday, visitors to the r/greatawakening subreddit were instead greeted with a message explaining the ban. A Reddit spokeswoman said that “posting content that incites violence, disseminates personal information, or harasses will get users and communities banned from Reddit.”

This is further evidence that conservatives are having their free speech taken away, because conservatives are special snowflakes that must never be held to agreements that they, well, agree to follow when creating accounts on private web sites. The rules cannot ever apply to conservatives, only non-conservatives. If the same rules apply to conservatives as everyone else, then that is evidence that conservatives are being persecuted, therefore this is evidence of conservatives losing their free speech rights.

This keeps happening again and again and again. By expecting conservatives to follow the same rules as everyone else, these tech companies are in effect attacking the free speech rights of conservatives and libertarians (who are totally different, I swear).

Back
Top Bottom