• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Left Wing Terrorism

What is with left-wing radicals and supporting racial segregation?

Teran is the typical, bonkers, lefty, professional protestor.

Rolling Stone article said:
Teran stayed active in causes other than the climate crisis that year they lived in the forest, and they’d often leave to volunteer. Like in early December 2022, when they heard neo-Nazis had made threats against a drag event in Maryville, Tennessee. Teran and their friends drove to Maryville to link up with a group organizing drag defense. About two dozen people wearing glitter and trans Pride flags showed up to defend the event, where they faced antagonizers wearing Confederate flags and Nazi symbols and carrying guns in holsters.

A delusional mental case.
Wait, now it's delusional to fight Nazism? I do not agree. They brought glitter, {snip}

Have you any idea how ridiculous that looks? Probably not.

Anyway, people like Teran are not protesting, they a virtue signaling.

Glitter indeed. :hysterical:
Ah, so they should have brought guns and uniforms of their own? Or are you arguing that they shouldn't have shown up at all?

Teran stayed active in causes other than the climate crisis that year they lived in the forest, and they’d often leave to volunteer. Like in early December 2022, when they heard neo-Nazis had made threats against a drag event in Maryville, Tennessee. Teran and their friends drove to Maryville to link up with a group organizing drag defense. About two dozen people wearing glitter and trans Pride flags showed up to defend the event, where they faced antagonizers wearing Confederate flags and Nazi symbols and carrying guns in holsters.

Wait, now it's delusional to fight Nazism? I do not agree. They brought glitter, {snip}

Ah, so they should have brought guns and uniforms of their own? Or are you arguing that they shouldn't have shown up at all?
Show up if they like but they aren't "fighting Nazism" (with glitter :hysterical:) It's virtue signaling. Oooooh look at me, I'm fighting Nazism, #instagram. #please like.

I find your {snip} fascinating, by the way. So very typical of the modern dont-call-me-a-conservative. You're so deep in denial about your own sympathies, you can't even copy amd paste the admission that the reAL terrorists were armed. You went out of your way to edit my post before quoting it, just so you wouldn't have to post the words "the Nazis brought guns". If you really are fooling yourself, you're the only one who is fooled.

Show up if they like but they aren't "fighting Nazism" (with glitter :hysterical:) It's virtue signaling. Oooooh look at me, I'm fighting Nazism, #instagram. #please like.
So how should they have dressed? What should they have brought? Should it have been holstered guns, like their adversaries? It's obvious you would never protest a Nazi event, but if you did, how would you do it? What would you bring?

If only glitter had been a thing in 1930s Germany :hysterical:
No glitter, but they had plenty of sequins. And guns. Neither helped much, in the short term. The rot of Nazism occurs in one's brain, not one's attire. But people will remember Cabaret for much longer than they will remember Alexander Pechersky. Don't bother looking him up, the whole point is that you would need to. So who is winning the mental battle, over the long term? The glitter or the guns? The glitter, and thank god for that.

I always thought virtue sigaling was expressing an opinion about some social issue but not being willing to do anything about it.

Getting between the target and the people with guns sure sounds like doing something about it to me.

There is a Rolling Stone article about the Last Days of Teran. It is, predictably, biased in favor of him and the anti-police movement, but it is interesting in that it gives some insight into the day-to-day of these radical protesters. The article is also notable for this vignete:
Do you have comment to offer on the left-wing(?) police whose actions are discussed in this article?

Some updates on the "Stop Cop City" creeps.

Training center activists claim responsibility for arson at concrete business

Politically motivated acts of violence with a group claiming responsibility for them is textbook terrorism.

Also, we have some content from the diary of the "Stop Cop City" terrorist who shot a state trooper before he was killed himself when troopers returned fire.
Diary of dead Atlanta Public Safety Center protester now core of new legal filings from Georgia AG
WSB-TV said:
The diary motion said “Teran often goes into detail about his hatred for police, current society, and the way he believes society should be. These statements are a glimpse into the mind of a ‘Forest Defender’ and the attitudes kept by Teran and his co-conspirators.”
[...]
The legal motion from the AG’s office said portions of Teran’s diary are to-do lists and notes from meetings in the woods and points to a portion titled “Meeting Notes 4/21/21,” which it says has Teran listing four items:
- “Questions about lived experiences, political orientation, get to know them!”
- “Hang out with them!”
- “Strong probing questions”
- “Do crime!!”
[...]
Handwritten entries ranged from performance art in public spaces to destruction of city property to sabotaging police equipment and vehicles, as well as evading arrest by any means necessary.
A cartoon was also visible on one page that appeared to say “Riot cops don’t want to give us rights so set them on fire!”

Between the concrete company arson and the insight into the thought processes of one of one of the terrorists, I fail to see how some say that RICO charges against this outfit are not appropriate. It's an organized effort to commit crimes in order to pressure the powers that be into changing public policy.

Just because a few of the activists are assholes doesn't mean they all are. The people living there don't want their forest destroyed.They consider it the lungs of the city.

There's vacant farmland for sale all around Fulton county. But no, they want to destroy a highly valued by the citizens property because? What? To say fuck you to the black citizens that live around the forest?

ETA: You're basing your conclusion that these people are left wing due to one issue that isn't necessarily left vs right. Frankly, they are just NIMBYs.

Just because a few of the activists are assholes doesn't mean they all are.
Would you be part of a group that routinely engages in arson, vandalism and fights with police unless you supported those tactics?
The people living there don't want their forest destroyed. They consider it the lungs of the city.
Most of the these activists are not even from Georgia, much less people living in nearby neighborhoods.
And only a small portion of the South River Forest would be affected by this construction. Frankly, the forest is much more threatened by commercial development, esp. a move studio that wants to build there.
The forest is just an excuse. In reality, these activists/terrorists would be opposed to the training center no matter where it was located since they are extremist anti-police activists.

There's vacant farmland for sale all around Fulton county.
LMAO! Fulton County is urban/suburban. There is no farmland "all around" Fulton County. There is some farmland on the extreme north and south of the county, but not much, and I do not know much of it is for sale. Neither do you. Any farmland would also be far away from the City of Atlanta - dozens of miles - compared to the location that was chosen, which is just outside city limits.

But no, they want to destroy a highly valued by the citizens property because? What? To say fuck you to the black citizens that live around the forest?
Highly prized? Hardly. At least not the part of the forest that is going to be turned into the training center.
Are you at all familiar with the site? Did you read this thread from the beginning? I suggest you do, as it refutes a lot of bullshit swirling around this issue.
The site where the training center will be built is the site of the former Atlanta Prison Farm. There are still ruins of the prison buildings. It has also been used as a dumping ground for rubble, including the façade of the old Atlanta library (demolishing which was a crime in itself). You would know all that had you read the thread from the beginning, since I posted those photos in the thread. To the east of that site, there is a part - Intrenchment Creek Park - which would not be affected by this construction. It is threatened by the planned movie studio taking over the area. This is the forest area to the north. There are some commercial properties that separate this area from the bulk of South River Forest. That too would not be affected by the training center.
You can look at the area on Google Maps. The training center would only affect the western part of the area north of Constitution Rd.
Atlanta-police-fire-training-tentative-site-plan-1.png

ETA: You're basing your conclusion that these people are left wing due to one issue that isn't necessarily left vs right.
If you'd follow the thread, you'd know that they are indeed far left.
I will repost three of the articles I posted upthread as well, that leave no doubt as to the ideology of Stop Cop City.
Forest for the Trees
Little Turtle's War
Killed in Cop City

Please read those before running your keyboard.

Frankly, they are just NIMBYs.
What NIMBYs? Most of these activists/terrorists aren't even from Georgia. Whose neighborhood? Their neighborhoods are in North Carolina, NYC, Massachusetts, Utah/Peru, even Venezuela.
I know this part of Moreland Ave. It's very commercial. Not many neighborhoods nearby. Mostly warehouses and trucking companies nearby due to proximity to I-285. There are some housing developments in the vicinity, but far less than in most area in Metro Atlanta. The commercial nature of the area probably had a lot to do with the choice of site. Far fewer neighborhoods and people living nearby are affected.

LMAO! Fulton County is urban/suburban. There is no farmland "all around" Fulton County. There is some farmland on the extreme north and south of the county, but not much, and I do not know much of it is for sale. Neither do you. Any farmland would also be far away from the City of Atlanta - dozens of miles - compared to the location that was chosen, which is just outside city limits.

46 properties listed for sale.

46 properties listed for sale.
LMAO again. You really want me to bust a gut. If I had had a recent appendectomy, I'd be seriously concerned about stitches. Did you look at the properties listed? They are mostly just big houses on large lots.

First property listed. Not farmland:
atlanta-ga-105665018.jpg

There are also some undeveloped wooded areas, but it's mostly suburban mansions.

This whole thing reminds me of the #NoDAPL activism. Mostly out-of-state people (including young AOC driving >3k miles roundtrip from Queens in her supervillainess origin story). Extremist agenda ("you can't drink oil, keep it in the soil") with bogus arguments around water supply and pollution (when the activists themselves polluted their campsites plenty). And people thinking a google search of a "northern route" replaces yearslong route assessment.

Same here, including you thinking that searching "farmland for sale in Fulton County" replaces careful site assessment done in the years before the project was finalized. Proximity to the city, site being big enough, site's topography, site's history, site sitting in a heavily commercial neighborhood, and the fact that Atlanta already owns the land all played a role in this site being selected. But you know better because there are 46 "farm" properties being offered for sale ...

Btw, does you ignoring all my other points mean you are conceding them? The NIMBY nonsense, the claim that the site of the former Atlanta Prison Farm is "highly valued" as a forest when it was a dumping ground and an ATLPD shooting range for years, the claim that the activists/terrorists weren't really left wing?

The fact is that the project will only affect only a small - and non-pristine - portion of the forest and that it would both preserve a public park to the east and that the training center campus itself will include ample greenspace.

Last edited:
Wait, now it's delusional to fight Nazism? I do not agree.
Teran was delusional because he fought against everything not on the extreme left. Nazis, police officers, capitalism, it was all the same to him.
Bitter Southerner said:
It’s a fucking cliché to say that someone died fighting for something they believed in, but Teran certainly did that even if I’d rather it hadn’t happened As an eco-anarchist and a hardcore abolitionist, they knew the scope of the fight they’d taken on.
“The abolitionist mission isn’t done until every prison is empty,” Teran told me. “When there are no more cops, when the land has been given back, that’s when it’s over.”

Btw, what do you think about him - and others in the Stop Cop City movement - setting up a space that is exclusive to so-called "people of color"?

They brought glitter, the Nazis brought guns.
Teran then bought a gun. A gun that he used to shoot a state trooper in the abdomen.

But people will remember Cabaret for much longer than they will remember Alexander Pechersky. Don't bother looking him up, the whole point is that you would need to.
I had to look up Cabaret too, to be fair. Old musical theater is not my forte.

So who is winning the mental battle, over the long term? The glitter or the guns? The glitter, and thank god for that.
In WWII, Nazis weren't defeated with glitter (or sequins). They were defeated with weapons - and a lot of them!
Diane+Kruger.jpg

What's in her hand is far more effective than what's on her dress. Don't get me wrong. Sequins have their uses - they look pretty. Glitter too has its uses - in kids' arts and crafts or on strippers. But to say you can fight actual Nazis with them because of some musical is silly.

Oh, and by the way, neither were Nazis defeated by delusional people who think cops should be abolished and all prisons emptied.

Last edited:
The Nazis have not been defeated at all, yet.
Nazi Germany has been defeated. I'll take a handful of losers that have glitter thrown at them by other losers over a war and oppressive state machinery that was responsible for killing millions of people.

And by the way, the two groups of losers are closer to each other than either you or Teran would like to admit. Both are totalitarian, just often about different things. And the racist "no whites allowed here" section of the forest camp is also a testament to the horseshoe theory of the political spectrum.

You have yet to tell us what you think of this gem:
Rolling Stone said:
Just beyond the ravaged area was BIPOC Camp, an area Teran and others established as a safe place for people of color. She remembers Teran coming out and saying in a friendly tone, “Hey, this isn’t a space for white people.” She apologized, and Teran, who introduced themselves with the code name Geese, helped her find a spot nearby. Wasilewski and others tell me Teran was the only person staying in BIPOC Camp at the time.
Killed in Cop City

And by the way, the two groups of losers are closer to each other than either you or Teran would like to admit. Both are totalitarian, just often about different things.
I'll take the "totalitarians" who aren't trying to overthrow democratic governments the world over, thanks.

But people will remember Cabaret for much longer than they will remember Alexander Pechersky. Don't bother looking him up, the whole point is that you would need to.
I had to look up Cabaret too, to be fair. Old musical theater is not my forte.

So who is winning the mental battle, over the long term? The glitter or the guns? The glitter, and thank god for that.
In WWII, Nazis weren't defeated with glitter (or sequins). They were defeated with weapons - and a lot of them!
Diane+Kruger.jpg

What's in her hand is far more effective than what's on her dress. Don't get me wrong. Sequins have their uses - they look pretty. Glitter too has its uses - in kids' arts and crafts or on strippers. But to say you can fight actual Nazis with them because of some musical is silly.

Oh, and by the way, neither were Nazis defeated by delusional people who think cops should be abolished and all prisons emptied.
Technically those people weren't allowed to vote, sit in restaurants, front of buses, be in certain train cars...

Back
Top Bottom