• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lifting the Veil of “Islamophobia”

You're claiming that Muslims deserve to be stripped of their rights and have their schools closed down, irrespective of how they behave, simply because of your impression of their ideology.

You've made a couple of feeble attempts to support this, first by trying to use a youTube video to claim that all muslims secretly hate America, and then by claiming that because Ali Hirsi is Muslim, we should listen to her when she says that Muslims shouldn't be listened to.

I don't get the impression that I actually need to go into what's wrong with these arguments, so I'm tempted to let this discussion be, with you unable to substantiate your point. Unless there is anything else?

If you want to argue about Israel, there's bound to be a dedicated thread along very soon, as they're a frequent feature of these boards.

This was faked?
Exactly 'what' was faked?

FOX tells me it's thousands of Palestinians getting all het up about 9/11. But there aren't signs about the US or the towers or anyone burning a plane in effigy.
Do you have any references confirming this to be true? That it wasn't film from 1994? Or that the cameraman told people that Jerry Seinfeld was coming to town?

You just accept it uncritically because it matches your bias, and offer it as self-evident proof. You don't think it's worth a LITTLE bit of fact checking before you consign an entire ethnicity to disenfranchisement?

Not just America but the whole way of Western life. Yet that's exactly where they flee to when their birth place goes arse up with constant fighting among each other, Shia against Sunni. The whole moslem world is in turmoil and there's no signs it will end any time soon. Apologist for this barbaric religion can only attack it's detractors like Ali Hirsi who tells it like it is. This lady has to have 24/7 protection because she dares to criticise the religion of pieces.
I don't recall, but is the fatwa against Salmon Rushie ever been lifted? That was over a work of fiction Satanic Verses. People criticise xtianity ever day, I don't see too many of them issue death threats for criticising their religion.
Cartoonist in Denmark had to be placed under 24/7 protection for daring to draw a caricature of their paedophile prophet. Only people who are afraid of the truth act in this way. The extremists in this most vile of religions want to keep the moderates [are there any?] in ignorance and they are succeeding.

Not just America but the whole way of Western life. Yet that's exactly where they flee to when their birth place goes arse up with constant fighting among each other, Shia against Sunni. The whole moslem world is in turmoil and there's no signs it will end any time soon. Apologist for this barbaric religion can only attack it's detractors like Ali Hirsi who tells it like it is.
And without even a blink, just goes on with the preaching.
Okay, buh-bye.

I like how some people seem to think that repeating their claims loudly and with enough bluster is a substitute for having to actually substantiate them or address serious criticisms from others.

Very, very convincing.

Good lawd. You expect Israel to keel over and accept their decimation by the Palestinians? Has Israel no right to defend itself? The armed checkpoints would not be neccecery if the Palestinians stopped firing rockets into Israeli civilian centres.
There hasn't been a single rocket fired at "Israeli civilian centres" (i.e. settlements) in West Bank. Besides, moving your own civilians to occupied territory is of course inviting reprisals, but that's not Israel "defending itself", it's expansion and annexation.

As far as crazy islamists go, Palestinians have a pretty good reason to be pissed off anyway. It's all these other numbskulls who live in shitholes of their own making or have moved to Europe to live off welfare while making a living just whining about Western oppression that are the problem.

Good lawd. You expect Israel to keel over and accept their decimation by the Palestinians? Has Israel no right to defend itself? The armed checkpoints would not be neccecery if the Palestinians stopped firing rockets into Israeli civilian centres.
There hasn't been a single rocket fired at "Israeli civilian centres" (i.e. settlements) in West Bank. Besides, moving your own civilians to occupied territory is of course inviting reprisals, but that's not Israel "defending itself", it's expansion and annexation.

There were a *LOT* of rockets fired at Israeli civilian centers in the West Bank in the 2006 war. There haven't been any since because the rockets come from Gaza and can't reach the West Bank. Plenty of them have fallen on Israeli civilian centers in Israel itself.

They even do things like aim rockets for when kids will be going to school, and they crow about nailing a school bus with an anti-tank missile.

As far as crazy islamists go, Palestinians have a pretty good reason to be pissed off anyway. It's all these other numbskulls who live in shitholes of their own making or have moved to Europe to live off welfare while making a living just whining about Western oppression that are the problem.

The Arabs have been mistreating them for 60 years specifically to use as cannon fodder.

Yeah, no. I think you are grossly exaggerating. The part about not dating non-Muslims is correct in a lot of cases, although that's oftentimes due to the families and not the children. But that's not something unique to Muslims. I have never once met a Muslim who said they can't have non-Muslim friends.

Pew surveys have shown that at least here in the U.S., Muslims identify as "Muslim" before "American" at pretty much the same rate as Christians do. And most don't see a conflict between the two. If it's different elsewhere, it's obviously due to the surrounding sociopolitical circumstances and not what the Qur'an says.

- - - Updated - - -

She's a bigot? The imman at the moslem school or mosque who tells his followers that Jews are monkeys and death to the infidels is not a bigot??

How in the hell does this follow from what I posted?

I haven't seen you make a single rational statement anywhere in this thread. Or the other one, for that matter.
Typical response. Attack the messenger when you don't like the message.
Typical response from someone who dismissed corrections focusing on several of his claims in his previous thread and now statements correcting claims made in this thread. Why do you not address the central point of Hirsi Ali's stances implying that ALL Muslims should be "crashed under our boot"? Why have you not addressed the central point of her implying that they be stripped of their Constitutional Identity in Western nations? Why have you not addressed her inflammatory portraying of Muslim schools in Western nations teaching children that Jews are "pigs and monkeys"? Why are you dismissing the vast experience of socialization with Muslims of posters who have attested that they have never encountered Muslims telling them "they cannot have non Muslim friends"?

Why did you state :

http://talkfreethought.org/showthre...-of-islamophobia&p=15187&viewfull=1#post15187

"Isn't it a fact that the silence from muslims is deafening after many muslim terrorist attacks?"

when I had previously commented about the response to Islamist terrorism and counter measures adopted by the Muslim nation of Morocco targeting the expansion of radical Islamist terrorist factions into Mali as well as counter measures targeting the same groups attempting to recruit and radicalize young Moroccans in Morocco? Is that what you refer to as "deafening silence"?

Your one liner I quoted above was addressed by me yet you did NOT acknowledge my correction of your statement,

http://talkfreethought.org/showthre...-of-islamophobia&p=15407&viewfull=1#post15407

Am I to expect that you will trot the same claim in another one of those anti Muslims fear/hate mongering propaganda threads?
Are we supposed to be celebrating the fact that in two countries out of the whole moslem world are trying to ferret out the radicals? Not having much success in Nigeria are they.
You are supposed to acknowledge that your previous claim,

"Isn't it a fact that the silence from muslims is deafening after many muslim terrorist attacks?" was demonstrated to be incorrect. Further, it is not only "two countries out of the whole moslem world" who have joined the efforts deployed in Mali by members of the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). To name a few : Chad, Ivory Coast, Senegal etc...A total number of 21 AFISMA members . To note that Ivory Coast, Togo, Sierra Leone and several others engaged in Mali are members of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation. Several have a Muslim majority population and Muslim members in their Government.That might be news to you as I do not expect you to be familiar with the demographics and the diversity of the governmental representation of members of the AFISMA.

Can you prove these muslim schools and mosques are not teaching young impressionable young kids that Jews are pigs and infidels are apes? That both are the enemy? That they should not associate with them?
A better question would be : "has Ali provided evidence that Muslim schools throughout Europe incite antisemitism and refer to Jews as "pigs and monkeys". The answer is NO. Considering the documentation I previously provided regarding the rating of best lycees in France, do you imagine that the French Administration would include in its top rated listing any school where students would be incited into antisemitism while Faculty and Staff members would refer to Jews as "pigs and monkeys", calling them "the enemy" and forbidding association with them? Are you not aware that racial and religious hatred speech in France is penalized? Have you forgotten the heavy fines (twice) which hit Bardot upon the publication of books which incite hatred against the French of immigrant origin, specifically targeting folks of Northern African and Sub Sahara origin, an immigrant origin group constituting the vast majority of our French Muslims? So, non, Muslims schools in my country are not going to engage in conditioning children into cultivating antisemitism. But in Ali's mind, all Muslim schools in Europe do. She would equally advocate closing Muslim schools in my country to include the top rated lycee in France which happens to be a private Muslim school.

It seems that Ali Hirsi would be a lot more knowledgeable than you as she was and still is a muslim.
It does not seem rather it is a certainty that you tend to unfortunately produce too many incorrect claims : Ali deconverted in 2002 and became a self declared atheist. She is not "still a Muslim". Another certainty is that Ali engages in inflammatory depictions of Muslims in general without making any distinction whatsoever. I make those distinctions.

There were a *LOT* of rockets fired at Israeli civilian centers in the West Bank in the 2006 war. There haven't been any since because the rockets come from Gaza and can't reach the West Bank. Plenty of them have fallen on Israeli civilian centers in Israel itself.

They even do things like aim rockets for when kids will be going to school, and they crow about nailing a school bus with an anti-tank missile.

The Arabs have been mistreating them for 60 years specifically to use as cannon fodder.
Is there any way this thread does not get hijacked towards a discussion on the Isreal/ Palestinian conflict? Come on... guys. Start your own thread and do not derail this one.

I think this topic has to be taken in small, bite size pieces. All too often, someone can make a good point, only to have it bundled with other assertions and requiring us to swallow everything as a whole. It's a complex problem, and I imagine it will have to have a sustained complex effort to help alleviate the problems.

I think speaking of the "Muslim problem" is too large and diverse, and although acknowledges that there is a problem, it does little more than that. It's true that Muslims often have trouble assimilating into other cultures, but this is for variety of reasons, some of which are the fault of where they end up, and others are their own fault. It also differs from place to place. Muslims in the Netherlands are in a different situation than those of France, Britain, or the U.S. I also think some of it is the fault of the religion they follow and I think it's no use denying this, even if it's somewhat uncomfortable to some to point it out.

It's unfortunate that both sides of this issue usually degenerate into name calling and ad hominem rather quickly. There's no middle ground and no charity. Anyone concerned about Islam is automatically a racist and anyone defending them are multi-culturalists bent on tossing out Western cultural values.

And pray do tell: Why do the Palestinians move their rocket launchers and ammunitions in schools, shopping centres and other civilian highly populated areas? Remember there was no Israeli state pre 1948, and the Palestinians showed no interest at all in the territories that were soon to become the Israeli state. Why such hatred and interest in what after 1948 became Israel?

Yeah, no. I think you are grossly exaggerating. The part about not dating non-Muslims is correct in a lot of cases, although that's oftentimes due to the families and not the children. But that's not something unique to Muslims. I have never once met a Muslim who said they can't have non-Muslim friends.

Pew surveys have shown that at least here in the U.S., Muslims identify as "Muslim" before "American" at pretty much the same rate as Christians do. And most don't see a conflict between the two. If it's different elsewhere, it's obviously due to the surrounding sociopolitical circumstances and not what the Qur'an says.

- - - Updated - - -

She's a bigot? The imman at the moslem school or mosque who tells his followers that Jews are monkeys and death to the infidels is not a bigot??

How in the hell does this follow from what I posted?

I haven't seen you make a single rational statement anywhere in this thread. Or the other one, for that matter.
Typical response. Attack the messenger when you don't like the message.
Typical response from someone who dismissed corrections focusing on several of his claims in his previous thread and now statements correcting claims made in this thread. Why do you not address the central point of Hirsi Ali's stances implying that ALL Muslims should be "crashed under our boot"? Why have you not addressed the central point of her implying that they be stripped of their Constitutional Identity in Western nations? Why have you not addressed her inflammatory portraying of Muslim schools in Western nations teaching children that Jews are "pigs and monkeys"? Why are you dismissing the vast experience of socialization with Muslims of posters who have attested that they have never encountered Muslims telling them "they cannot have non Muslim friends"?

Why did you state :

http://talkfreethought.org/showthre...-of-islamophobia&p=15187&viewfull=1#post15187

"Isn't it a fact that the silence from muslims is deafening after many muslim terrorist attacks?"

when I had previously commented about the response to Islamist terrorism and counter measures adopted by the Muslim nation of Morocco targeting the expansion of radical Islamist terrorist factions into Mali as well as counter measures targeting the same groups attempting to recruit and radicalize young Moroccans in Morocco? Is that what you refer to as "deafening silence"?

Your one liner I quoted above was addressed by me yet you did NOT acknowledge my correction of your statement,

http://talkfreethought.org/showthre...-of-islamophobia&p=15407&viewfull=1#post15407

Am I to expect that you will trot the same claim in another one of those anti Muslims fear/hate mongering propaganda threads?
Are we supposed to be celebrating the fact that in two countries out of the whole moslem world are trying to ferret out the radicals? Not having much success in Nigeria are they.
You are supposed to acknowledge that your previous claim,

"Isn't it a fact that the silence from muslims is deafening after many muslim terrorist attacks?" was demonstrated to be incorrect. Further, it is not only "two countries out of the whole moslem world" who have joined the efforts deployed in Mali by members of the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). To name a few : Chad, Ivory Coast, Senegal etc...A total number of 21 AFISMA members . To note that Ivory Coast, Togo, Sierra Leone and several others engaged in Mali are members of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation. Several have a Muslim majority population and Muslim members in their Government.That might be news to you as I do not expect you to be familiar with the demographics and the diversity of the governmental representation of members of the AFISMA.

Can you prove these muslim schools and mosques are not teaching young impressionable young kids that Jews are pigs and infidels are apes? That both are the enemy? That they should not associate with them?
A better question would be : "has Ali provided evidence that Muslim schools throughout Europe incite antisemitism and refer to Jews as "pigs and monkeys". The answer is NO. Considering the documentation I previously provided regarding the rating of best lycees in France, do you imagine that the French Administration would include in its top rated listing any school where students would be incited into antisemitism while Faculty and Staff members would refer to Jews as "pigs and monkeys", calling them "the enemy" and forbidding association with them? Are you not aware that racial and religious hatred speech in France is penalized? Have you forgotten the heavy fines (twice) which hit Bardot upon the publication of books which incite hatred against the French of immigrant origin, specifically targeting folks of Northern African and Sub Sahara origin, an immigrant origin group constituting the vast majority of our French Muslims? So, non, Muslims schools in my country are not going to engage in conditioning children into cultivating antisemitism. But in Ali's mind, all Muslim schools in Europe do. She would equally advocate closing Muslim schools in my country to include the top rated lycee in France which happens to be a private Muslim school.

It seems that Ali Hirsi would be a lot more knowledgeable than you as she was and still is a muslim.
It does not seem rather it is a certainty that you tend to unfortunately produce too many incorrect claims : Ali deconverted in 2002 and became a self declared atheist. She is not "still a Muslim". Another certainty is that Ali engages in inflammatory depictions of Muslims in general without making any distinction whatsoever. I make those distinctions.

All I'll add to that is this: Try to enrol a non muslm from a xtian background to these schools and see what happens. Or this: Try and find a muslim from a muslim background in a general/state run school. This shows that muslims will never assimilate with the western culture that they have escaped to.

<snip>
All I'll add to that is this: Try to enrol a non muslm from a xtian background to these schools and see what happens. Or this: Try and find a muslim from a muslim background in a general/state run school.

This is supposed to be hard?

In Austrian general/state run schools, there were 15,964 students with Turkish nationality in 2012 (although the national statistics office doesn't give data an students' religion, we can assume that an overwhelming majority of those have a Muslim background). There were only 523 Turkish students in Austrian private schools during the same year. In other words, 96.8% of "muslim from a muslim background" from Turkey in Austria do attend general/state run schools (and these data don't even show that all or most of those 523 Turkish kids who go to private schools go to Islamic faith based schools).

This is a higher percentage than for students with Austrian nationality, of which 922k attended public schools, and 101k private ones, that is only 90.1% going to state run schools. Of course, some students with Austrian nationality will be Muslims (converts or naturalised citizens), but it's hard to argue that those account for a large proportion of the 9.9% in private schools when the trend is the reverse for demographic groups we know to consist of mostly Muslims.

When you look at other predominantly Muslim countries with moderately large communities in Austria, a similar picture emerges: Of the 2274 students with Afghan nationality in Austrian schools, all but 30 go to state schools - that is, 98.9%. Of the 513 Iraqi students, 489 go to state schools - 95.3%.

There are exceptions: of the 46 Libyan children in Austrian schools, 34 go to private schools, as do 69 of the 76 Saudi students. But that's better explained by the fact that those are the rich kids of diplomats and OPEC-clerks who would send their kids to private schools whereever they are for reasons that have more to do with class than religion.

Here's the online version of the statistical database (you'll probably need some German to play around with it) http://statcube.at/superwebguest/autoLoad.do?db=deschuel

Reactions: jab
All I'll add to that is this: Try to enrol a non muslm from a xtian background to these schools and see what happens. Or this: Try and find a muslim from a muslim background in a general/state run school. This shows that muslims will never assimilate with the western culture that they have escaped to.

What nonsense is this? There were plenty of muslims in the Dutch public schools I went to as a kid, and they managed to integrate just fine. And by the way, why are you talking about muslims having 'escaped' to western culture in the context of students attending schools? The vast majority of them will have been *born* here. They didn't escape here; they're westerners to begin with.

Australia is a younger country than all European countries and the history of muslim immigration here is recent as compared to the old continent.

The only moslem kids that go to state schools here are the ones who can't get into muslim schools because they are full. A couple of these schools got government funding suspended because they were sending funds overseas to what some suspected were to Hamas and other terror organisations.

http://muslimvillage.com/2013/08/14/42527/australian-islamic-schools-booming/

The article you link contradicts everything you claim:

Peter Jones, who spent seven years researching Australia’s Islamic schools for his PhD, said only 15 to 20 per cent of Muslim students attended Islamic schools.

That is, if correct, sure much more than the figure for Austria (but then, the market share of private schools is overall much higher in Australia, at over 1/3: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4221.0main+features42013), but still a far cry from what you are insinuating - that it is hard to find Muslims in general schools, or even your more recent claim (shifting goal posts, much?) that "[t]he only moslem kids that go to state schools here are the ones who can't get into muslim schools".

Also, Muslim schools are very much not what you imagine them to be, as seen from the following quote:

About half of the teachers at most of the schools were not Muslim [a much higher percentage than that of non-Catholic teachers at the Catholic private school my wife went to - Jokodo] and all the schools approached said they would happily enrol non-Muslim students.

You're busted. It's only a question of when you'll admit it.

The article you link contradicts everything you claim:

Peter Jones, who spent seven years researching Australia’s Islamic schools for his PhD, said only 15 to 20 per cent of Muslim students attended Islamic schools.

That is, if correct, sure much more than the figure for Austria, but still a far cry from what you are insinuating - that it is hard to find Muslims in general schools, or even your more recent claim (shifting goal posts, much?) that "[t]he only moslem kids that go to state schools here are the ones who can't get into muslim schools".

Also, Muslim schools are very much not what you imagine them to be, as seen from the following quote:

About half of the teachers at most of the schools were not Muslim [a much higher percentage than that of non-Catholic teachers at the Catholic private school my wife went to - Jokodo] and all the schools approached said they would happily enrol non-Muslim students.

You're busted. It's only a question of when you'll admit it.
"They would happily take non muslim students". Of course they would say that. Go try enrol a non muslim kid to one of these places.

Back
Top Bottom