• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Live Trump Trial Updates

To denote the thread has been moved
[personal insult snipped]
I will not even dignify that with a response.
I'm glad the jury was smart enough to convict him.
Not so much smart, more like kneejerk "orange man bad".
I agree that the orange man is bad, and I do not want to see him reelected. That does not mean that this case was kosher.
The Fulton County case is much stronger, for example, and is not just a witch hunt by a political hack like Alvin Bragg.

You didn't follow the trial and hear the evidence, did you.
I did. I understand the questionable elevation of the charges to a felony. I understand that Michael Cohen is a liar whose testimony was not credible.
Michael Cohen lied for Trump. All his statements in this trial were backed up by documents. If you were actually paying attention to the trial you would know this and not slander Cohen.

Is anyone who has women testifying against men always not guilty in your book?

Last edited:
Michael Cohen lied for Trump. All his statements in this trial were backed up by documents. If you were actually paying attention to the trial you would know this and not slander Cohen.
It's not slandering Cohen to call him a lying liar who lies.
Is anyone who has women testifying against men always not guilty in your book?
What is wrong with me? Other than this being a blatantly political case that both the feds and the previous Manhattan DA passed on? That this will most likely actually help Trump politically? Other than all that, I guess nothing. It has nothing to do with Stormy being a woman, although if he paid her hush money, why was she yapping about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide me a similar like that isn't the NY Post? That is a worthless tabloid that only reports stories well on rare occasions.
They do not lie. The facts are facts. Do you have any evidence they are lying about the number of felonies reduced to misdemeanors?
I found this from the local NBC station. It's about one case where an armed robbery was reduced to petty theft.
Robbery Charge Reduced Under New Manhattan DA's Reform Policies: Sources
NBC6 said:
Investigators say another armed robbery case in Manhattan has been reduced to a charge of shoplifting by the new Manhattan district attorney.
Investigators say this time it was a suspect who wielded a pocketknife while stealing about $2,000 worth of cold medicine from a Duane Reade along Delancey Street in Lower Manhattan over the weekend. Video from inside the store shows the manager who was allegedly threatened by the suspect.
Police arrested 43-year-old William Rolon, saying it was the second time he hit the store — and his 39th arrest overall. But instead of charging Rolon with robbery, sources said prosecutors dropped the charges to petit larceny – a misdemeanor – even though the manager told police she was terrified.
Do you think this is appropriate?

Bragg has also refused to prosecute anti-Israel protesters at Columbia. I guess committing crimes is ok when you are leftist. :rolleyesa:

GUILTY! TIMES 34!!!!!
Yeah, we heard you the first time.

Not the Times 34 part! :rofl: :beers: :ROFLMAO:
IKR? Like, it was unambiguously true that Trump committed crimes. There were mountains of evidence, and the jury deliberation was short (never a good sign for the convicted).

Nobody but a diehard MAGAt would deny that.

Nobody but the MAGAts denied it years ago when he was committing said crimes!

What "stacking" exactly was in the deck there? The judge treated that clown show with kid gloves FFS. I'm not talking about perceived bias here, I'm talking about demonstrated bias. Can anyone actually show through anything other than indirect and irrelevant criticism?

Because from where I sit, all I see is undeserved bias in favor of Trump through the entire trial.

Can you provide me a similar like that isn't the NY Post? That is a worthless tabloid that only reports stories well on rare occasions.
They do not lie.
The NY Post?! Are you kidding me? That'd be like saying Fox News isn't biased. The NY Post occasionally has reporting that isn't trash, but they are not trustworthy, especially with an article title like that.
The facts are facts. Do you have any evidence they are lying about the number of felonies reduced to misdemeanors?
I'm saying that the article title was exploitive and I don't read articles with exploitive titles. And from the NY Post in general. Any smart person would be wise to do likewise. So I asked, politely if you had another source.
I found this from the local NBC station. It's about one case where an armed robbery was reduced to petty theft.
Robbery Charge Reduced Under New Manhattan DA's Reform Policies: Sources
NBC6 said:
Investigators say another armed robbery case in Manhattan has been reduced to a charge of shoplifting by the new Manhattan district attorney.
Investigators say this time it was a suspect who wielded a pocketknife while stealing about $2,000 worth of cold medicine from a Duane Reade along Delancey Street in Lower Manhattan over the weekend. Video from inside the store shows the manager who was allegedly threatened by the suspect.
Police arrested 43-year-old William Rolon, saying it was the second time he hit the store — and his 39th arrest overall. But instead of charging Rolon with robbery, sources said prosecutors dropped the charges to petit larceny – a misdemeanor – even though the manager told police she was terrified.
Do you think this is appropriate?
NYC NBC said:
The newly elected district attorney, Alvin Bragg, has told his prosecutors they should seek to reduce charges and seek diversion and treatment programs in many cases where no one is injured. Bragg met with the police commissioner today to discuss their different views on crime, deterrence and fairness.
It is a couple of charges and they are trying something different within certain contexts. Using a weapon, even if crude, is worse that just stealing. Of course, how it was punished before the philosophy changed didn't stop the crime from happening. So try something different. If the recidivism rates skyrockets, then they should go back to the older way. But I'm not going to micromanage the DA without a great deal of data.

Furthermore, according to this article at CNN:
article said:
Among the crimes Bragg said his office would not prosecute: marijuana misdemeanors, including selling more than three ounces; not paying public transportation fare; trespassing except a fourth degree stalking charge, resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration in certain cases, and prostitution.

Misdemeanor offenses that are legally required to be given a “desk appearance ticket” will be offered diversion or community-based programs intended to help an offender, the memo said. The office may also decline to prosecute the offense.

Bragg wants to “reserve pretrial detention for very serious cases,” according to the memo, and he intends to limit underage defendants in adult courts.
Bragg has also refused to prosecute anti-Israel protesters at Columbia. I guess committing crimes is ok when you are leftist. :rolleyesa:
Firstly, Columbia is private property, and they'd likely need to press charges. Secondly, I was asking for another source that wasn't the toilet paper of the New York City newspaper scene, why are you being like this? Is it too much to defend your position (or the one the NY Post wants to rile you up with anger over)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit! I did not expect 34 guilty vs. 0 not guilty. Fuckin' A.

Next comes sentencing on July 11. Is it horribly inappropriate to use the colloquialism "If there's a god, then..."?
I mean, it depends on your definition of god.

Next comes sentencing on July 11. Is it horribly inappropriate to use the colloquialism "If there's a god, then..."?
If there was a god, there wouldn't be people like Trump. Or at least a god worth having, there wouldn't be.

I was listening to the story on the way home, and what struck me was how...well...defeated our Convict in Chief sounded while giving his remarks to the press. Kinda like he had "low energy" and was feeling like a "loser."

I'm sure he'll rage in about 12 hours on his social media site, but he sounded tired and stunned.

If there was a god, there wouldn't be people like Trump. Or at least a god worth having.
To be fair, there are a few proposed concepts of gods-of-this-world which would explicitly allow Trump to happen. Sometimes a story needs a villain.

I was listening to the story on the way home, and what struck me was how...well...defeated our Convict in Chief sounded while giving his remarks to the press. Kinda like he had "low energy" and was feeling like a "loser."

I'm sure he'll rage in about 12 hours on his social media site, but he sounded tired and stunned.
He has to get that bump of meth/coke/whatever into his nose first. I don't think he has had any opportunity to get his dose of bugar sugar yet.

Back
Top Bottom