• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Louisiana Continues to Prove Just How Louisiana It Is

I don't care enough about her case to even click a link because it is irrelevant. I'm also sure that what little information is available is more agenda driven than accurate and complete
How comforting (and time saving!) it must be to simply assume that one knows, rather than actually knowing. How easy to dismiss the lives and struggles of others when you know very little about them, and avoid learning more.
That's some more bullshit, of the vague mischaracterization variety.

I don't claim to know. I said that. I don't find the one irrelevant case important enough to bother wading through a bunch of agenda driven "reporting".

Tell me. Why did the rich Connecticut drug dealer get mentioned in the first place? How is that case relevant to the OP?

I think I know. But I'm curious about your opinion.
Tom
What rich Connecticut drug dealer is that?

I don't care enough about her case to even click a link because it is irrelevant. I'm also sure that what little information is available is more agenda driven than accurate and complete
How comforting (and time saving!) it must be to simply assume that one knows, rather than actually knowing. How easy to dismiss the lives and struggles of others when you know very little about them, and avoid learning more.

I don't claim to know. I said that. I don't find the one irrelevant case important enough to bother wading through a bunch of agenda driven "reporting".

Tell me. Why did the rich Connecticut drug dealer get mentioned in the first place? How is that case relevant to the OP?

Tom
I don't know her name.

The one who sold drugs then inherited a Connecticut property.
Tom

ETA ~How is she relevant to the OP?~

Tom
I don't know her name.

The one who sold drugs then inherited a Connecticut property.
Tom

ETA ~How is she relevant to the OP?~
How exactly is she rich? She's a certified nursing assistant, and is sharing her home with two adult children, a grand child and a disabled sibling she cares for! She inherited a portion of her deceased mother's home which might come to as much as $84,000. Of course, that would mean selling the home, which I believe she lives in with her family. For a minor crime committed over 20 years ago. Which she served her sentence for.

Or do you mean black people rich?

How exactly is she rich?
She inherited property.
In Connecticut.

And the reason she owes the taxpayers is because she chose to become a drug dealer. Nobody chose that for her, I'm quite sure.

The question I've asked a few times now is "Why is her case relevant to the OP?" So far the responses are quite informative, although probably not the information y'all meant to give.

It's a well known recent example of a phenomenon that is in fact widespread and injurious to social wellbeing. It demonstrates the untruth of the claim, made upthread, that jailed persons are getting free lodging and board. I don't think the person who mentioned it intended to make a major point of the case; the extended discussion is being egged on by you doing things like casually referencing the woman as a "rich Connecticut drug dealer", which is at best a mischaracterization of the situation. Ex-inmates don't often become rich, as this one of course did not. In most cases, they cannot get rich. Because the state claims whatever wealth they might manage to come into. Inheriting a house does not make you wealthy, if you are immediately forced to sell it to pay the "rent" on a prison cell you occupied decades before. That's mafia logic, not good social planning, and if your goal is reducing recidivism, effectively punishing people for staying out of jail is not the way to do it.

She inherited a portion of her deceased mother's home which might come to as much as $84,000. Of course, that would mean selling the home, which I believe she lives in with her family.

Correct my math here.

She's been dunned $87K.
2 1/2 years, at $250/day, is $228K.

I didn't know she was black. Did her race get her a discount?
Tom

She inherited a portion of her deceased mother's home which might come to as much as $84,000. Of course, that would mean selling the home, which I believe she lives in with her family.

Correct my math here.

She's been dunned $87K.
2 1/2 years, at $250/day, is $228K.

I didn't know she was black. Did her race get her a discount?
Tom
You sure ask a lot of questions for a guy who can't be bothered to read a brief article to find the answers. If you were paying attention, you wouldn't even need to read the article as we went over this already in the thread as well.

She isn't getting the house. The state is getting the value of the house. So she can pay the rent on her jail cell.

Back
Top Bottom