• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

Republicans are threatening retaliation, investigations into the DOJ. Maybe they want to do another set of Bengaziiiii style hearings where nothing is found out, but they get to smear the people they want... Or maybe they are just making noise now, because if they really tried to investigate the FBI/DOJ, that would be a good avenue for releasing the evidence they actually have on Trump. Kinda think they would want to avoid that.

I'll just say my governor is a moron and leave it at that.
He isn't a moron, he is a capable fascist... a Trump like mindset, but with political savvy.

Seems you and I have different usages for the word moron. A person who is smart enough to do the wrong thing in a way that they get away with or succeed at it is no less doing the wrong thing than someone dumb doing it and getting caught. And doing the wrong thing in and of itself is a stupid and moronic thing to do. Kapeesh?

I get what you're saying here.

Unfortunately, by that standard, humans are consistently morons and global society is run by morons. From Boris Johnson to Xi to ...

Tom

He isn't a moron, he is a capable fascist... a Trump like mindset, but with political savvy.

Seems you and I have different usages for the word moron. A person who is smart enough to do the wrong thing in a way that they get away with or succeed at it is no less doing the wrong thing than someone dumb doing it and getting caught. And doing the wrong thing in and of itself is a stupid and moronic thing to do. Kapeesh?

I get what you're saying here.

Unfortunately, by that standard, humans are consistently morons and global society is run by morons. From Boris Johnson to Xi to ...

Tom

Nothing wrong with that standard from where I'm sitting. I mean, if you don't want to use my unit of measure you don't have to.

Moron is someone that is stupid.

You seem to be conflating criminal and moron together. DeSantis is not stupid.

Republicans are threatening retaliation, investigations into the DOJ. Maybe they want to do another set of Bengaziiiii style hearings where nothing is found out, but they get to smear the people they want... Or maybe they are just making noise now, because if they really tried to investigate the FBI/DOJ, that would be a good avenue for releasing the evidence they actually have on Trump. Kinda think they would want to avoid that.
Who is going to "investigate" the DOJ and FBI for them? Matty Gaetz? Windsock Graham? Lauren Bobblehead?
Maybe Donny is going to do it all by hisseff? What a bunch of hapless clowns.

I wonder if the FBI agents got some of that chocolate cake Trump raves about.
I can't imagine how well documented this needed to be for a judge and Attorney General to sign off on this action. You could build a house on the foundation that was used for that search!

So it's smart to be a facist?

If the FBI didn't find the documents during the raid, this will be milked to death by GOP and the trumpists until end of time.
Quite true.
Which is why I'm confident that they had good reasons to go in.

Whether the documents will contain what was expected is a different question.

Finding one that explains how Trump promised to hand over Ukraine provided Putin helped get him reelected would be a lot to hope for, I suppose. But I can dream, can't I?
Tom
I don't think the content of the documents matters... if Trump kept classified docs that were supposed to be returned, he's in trouble, even if the documents themselves don't have anything incriminating about Trump.

What I'm getting at is that it is correct to conflate what you know, with what you do as they are mutually inclusive. Desantis is neither smart on the know nor the do. In other words, he has information but fails to process it properly to draw the correct conclusions. As such that ultimately makes him stupid regardless of how intelligent he may appear to be to you and the world. they say Hitler was brilliant too ya know. He was dumb enough to use his "intelligence" for stupid reasons I guess.

So it's smart to be a facist?
There is Mussolini Fascist and then there is Nazi Fascist. The Nazis weren't the brightest, but they made Mussolini look like the blithering idiot he was. Trump is Mussolini, DeSantis is more Nazi.

If the FBI didn't find the documents during the raid, this will be milked to death by GOP and the trumpists until end of time.
Quite true.
Which is why I'm confident that they had good reasons to go in.

Whether the documents will contain what was expected is a different question.

Finding one that explains how Trump promised to hand over Ukraine provided Putin helped get him reelected would be a lot to hope for, I suppose. But I can dream, can't I?
Tom
I don't think the content of the documents matters... if Trump kept classified docs that were supposed to be returned, he's in trouble, even if the documents themselves don't have anything incriminating about Trump.

I understand that.
The question becomes, "Why did Trump commit this crime?"

Maybe out of a simple sense of entitlement. "I can do whatever I want and nobody can stop me." That would be utterly Trumpish. Maybe he thought there was information damaging to his political future. Or, more likely, his financial interests.

Who knows?

Absconding with government documents seems like the tip of the iceberg to me.

Tom

Awe look. My governor was wrong. But he was deliberately wrong so that makes him smart.

Awe look. My governor was wrong. But he was deliberately wrong so that makes him smart.
Evil. He was not wrong he was evil. Evil always involves some kind of narcissistic blindness, but it can be surprisingly intelligent, even if something keeps the machine "strategically broken" with regards to ethics.

Technically it's not even blind. It's just purely solipsistic, which while less functional than being social, is a mode of thought that cannot be disproved absent the belief that there are other real people in existence, which is something that, while it can be reasonably surmised, is unprovable.

Back
Top Bottom