• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

This should be interesting, because it is kind of a "put up or shut up" order. Trump got away with raising hundreds of millions over claims he never made in court.

I wonder what the lawyers' response will be.

This should be interesting, because it is kind of a "put up or shut up" order. Trump got away with raising hundreds of millions over claims he never made in court.

It can be literally anything and it won't matter, except down the road at someone's disbarment hearing. The argument got stayed and thus is mooted.

You can expect them to go in whole hog on this lying their asses off, I bet.

It can be literally anything and it won't matter, except down the road at someone's disbarment hearing. The argument got stayed and thus is mooted.

I dunno about that. They've been smacked down twice - once by the appeals court, and once by Trump's hand-picked Special Master, who seems to be saying (legally speaking) "I ain't got time for this bullshit." The lawyers seem to have grasped that they can't lie to the judge, and if they're even a little bit smart they'll realize that they're way out of their depth. Isn't one of them a parking lot lawyer?

I dunno about that. They've been smacked down twice - once by the appeals court, and once by Trump's hand-picked Special Master, who seems to be saying (legally speaking) "I ain't got time for this bullshit." The lawyers seem to have grasped that they can't lie to the judge, and if they're even a little bit smart they'll realize that they're way out of their depth. Isn't one of them a parking lot lawyer?
To be point being, they can say what they want about it to the press but there's no more legal rope they can play out. Whatever they file will be rejected because the special master themselves got rejected despite rejecting the Trump plea.

Let’s clear one thing up. Obama thought about Hillary’s emails for two seconds, declassifying everything in them, so that is all fine now right?

When did this happen?

Whenever the invisible pink unicorn said it happened.

Obviously.

Marc will eventually get around to backing up the claim. Or not. What Obama did was issue the executive order that defines the procedure for declassifying documents. That's the executive order that Trump thought he didn't need to bother complying with. He just assumed that his power to declassify documents meant that he could just say they were declassified and make it so by decree. He thought that many of his powers were essentially that of a monarch, so he could issue decrees to pretty much do anything he wanted. He even thought he could hire and fire people that way. He did the deciding. Government lackeys in the background were supposed to do whatever needed to be done to make it so. Like a captain at the helm of the Starship Enterprise.

Executive Order 13526- Classified National Security Information

Let’s clear one thing up. Obama thought about Hillary’s emails for two seconds, declassifying everything in them, so that is all fine now right?

When did this happen?

Whenever the invisible pink unicorn said it happened.

Obviously.

Marc will eventually get around to backing up the claim. Or not. What Obama did was issue the executive order that defines the procedure for declassifying documents. That's the executive order that Trump thought he didn't need to bother complying with. He just assumed that his power to declassify documents meant that he could just say they were declassified and make it so by decree. He thought that many of his powers were essentially that of a monarch, so he could issue decrees to pretty much do anything he wanted. He even thought he could hire and fire people that way. He did the deciding. Government lackeys in the background were supposed to do whatever needed to be done to make it so. Like a captain at the helm of the Starship Enterprise.

Executive Order 13526- Classified National Security Information

To clarify, it was a joke. According to Trump the president has the ability to declassify with just a thought, without telling anyone. Well Obama would have had the same power, and since the whole emails BS was about supposedly mishandling classified docs, Obama could just declare that he had declassified everything in her emails, so no case to ‘lock her up’ over

“He’s done,said Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University, in Washington, who has accurately predicted every presidential election since 1984. “He’s got too many burdens, too much baggage to be able to run again even presuming he escapes jail, he escapes bankruptcy. I’m not sure he’s going to escape jail.”

Is there a law that prevents a felon from ruining for president?

If anything this all increases his creds with his followers.

They've resiled from that so far, reserving lying their asses off only for contexts where perjury charges aren't a consequence of being caught in an outright lie.

They lie to reporters; They lie to supporters; And the Internet is reportedly the source of the majority of pant fire outbreaks to which the fire department have been called.

But lying in court and to judges has consequences.

Is there a law that prevents a felon from ruining for president?

If anything this all increases his creds with his followers.

Suprisingly enough, there is no law prohibiting that. I looked into this many years ago when Lyndon LaRouche was running for president - while he was in jail!

You are probably right about his followers considering that to be a plus factor for Trump.

Ruth

From the description:
Lies and misinformation.
Judge Dearie has instructed Trump to swear an affidavit, under penalty of perjury, attesting to the same things he has been saying on social media and in the press/on TV (he declassified the documents, the document were planted by the FBI etc) or to withdraw those claims. He has been told by the judge to put up or shut up.

Special Master Assistant
Judge Dearie has appointed an assistant, which will be billed to Trump at 500/hr. He has ordered that the invoice must be paid withing seven days or Trump will be ruled in contempt of court.
Great pick you made on Dearie. (y)

From the description:
Lies and misinformation.
Judge Dearie has instructed Trump to swear an affidavit, under penalty of perjury, attesting to the same things he has been saying on social media and in the press/on TV (he declassified the documents, the document were planted by the FBI etc) or to withdraw those claims. He has been told by the judge to put up or shut up.

Special Master Assistant
Judge Dearie has appointed an assistant, which will be billed to Trump at 500/hr. He has ordered that the invoice must be paid withing seven days or Trump will be ruled in contempt of court.
Great pick you made on Dearie. (y)

Here's a CNN article on it so you don't have to watch the video.

Back
Top Bottom