• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

1. Trump got caught with classified material, some folders n a desk were empty.
2. Trump is udsig his usual legal and propaganda tactics.
3. Pundits say the government may not be able to male a legal case.
4. Trump might beat the rap.
While a certain number of these documents might not be easy to make a case for, there are human asset documents he was in possession of that included nuclear related information. That stuff falls under a different law, and mere possession is convictable. The trouble the Government has is that some of the other documents, they'd need to show intent to steal. The nuclear docs, he doesn't have that cover.
Summarizing what I heard.

The pundits say the govt may have a hard time making a felony case. It could end up being something trivial like mishandling documents. Was there an intent to circumvent laws? Hard to prove. Or was it just ineptness that classified documcts ended up in boxes.

The loosely defined presidential privilege factors in.

You and I have probably both handled classed documents. When I was at Lockheed leaving a file cabinet unlocked or a document out in the open was big deal.

When I went to Navy C school on a system the classes were in a locked cage. The manuals were checked page by page before we were allowed to leave.

What Trump did was serious and may even be treason if he handed over info to people. He has a history of beating legal issues.

I have to wonder if Tump passed info on our nuclear weapons and command polciess to Putin. Trump is about as amoral as it gets.

1. Trump got caught with classified material, some folders n a desk were empty.
2. Trump is udsig his usual legal and propaganda tactics.
3. Pundits say the government may not be able to male a legal case.
4. Trump might beat the rap.
While a certain number of these documents might not be easy to make a case for, there are human asset documents he was in possession of that included nuclear related information. That stuff falls under a different law, and mere possession is convictable. The trouble the Government has is that some of the other documents, they'd need to show intent to steal. The nuclear docs, he doesn't have that cover.
Summarizing what I heard.

The pundits say the govt may have a hard time making a felony case. It could end up being something trivial like mishandling documents. Was there an intent to circumvent laws? Hard to prove. Or was it just ineptness that classified documcts ended up in boxes.

The loosely defined presidential privilege factors in.
He has no privilege unless Biden says he does. The issue isn't about privilege anyway, it is about possession and INTENT of possession. And repeatedly lying that you don't have these types of documents does help imply intent to remain in illegal possession of them. But as stated, the nuclear documents fall under a different law and he has serious legal jeopardy there.

And this is ignoring the elephant in the room, the person who's testimony led to the unprecedented search of a former President's residence. Granted, I'm going with one of his lawyers who is covering their arse, but it could be sexier than that. Not in an Ivanka sort of way, but a espionage sort of way.
What Trump did was serious and may even be treason if he handed over info to people. He has a history of beating legal issues.

I have to wonder if Tump passed info on our nuclear weapons and command polciess to Putin. Trump is about as amoral as it gets.
We don't know if this was merely trophy hunting. But taking highly classified human intel, after having already leaked (because he is a fucking idiot) to the Russians... I don't think anyone wants to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

I think it is clear now that there is now that since Trump had nuclear secrets and was going to sell them to Russia, it is time to take a hard line on Trump and his supporters. Thank you Jimmy for explaining that part to me about what Trump had in his possession and his intention.

We need to give Biden emergency powers to deal with the whole MAGA movement.

They need to be removed from society. First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated. Those who can be rehabilitated can eventually be readmitted to society. The rest, well, there is no hope for them and they should be eliminated.
Jill Biden thinks I'm a breakfast taco.
No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA
The word "know" has one silent k.
The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.

I'll need a cite for the claim I've reddened. If your cite is Jimmy's post(s) I'll need to see the relevant excerpt(s) from Jimmy's posts.

Remember that misquoting a fellow Infidel is against the rules.

I think it is clear now that there is now that since Trump had nuclear secrets and was going to sell them to Russia, it is time to take a hard line on Trump and his supporters. Thank you Jimmy for explaining that part to me about what Trump had in his possession and his intention.

They need to be removed from society. First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated. Those who can be rehabilitated can eventually be readmitted to society. The rest, well, there is no hope for them and they should be eliminated.
I agree. 100%. Your tribe is a fucking cancer to humanity.
My tribe? You've got to be kidding me.

Comedy gold.

I'll need a cite for the claim I've reddened. If your cite is Jimmy's post(s) I'll need to see the relevant excerpt(s) from Jimmy's posts.
You are wasting your time. JH... umm... the other JH already has gone past the point of mistaken impression to willful deceit on that one. They seem bored and desperate for attention.

Does anyone know how Mar-a lago faired in the hurricane? All I can think about is flying classified documents floating out in the street for anyone to pick up.

Does anyone know how Mar-a lago faired in the hurricane? All I can think about is flying classified documents floating out in the street for anyone to pick up.
Haa Haa .. a great metaphor Trump, being underwater.

I'll do even better and show Jimmy isn't the only one doing that.

This (Trump stealing and probably selling or at least sharing Top Secret info with our enemies) affects US and potentially endangers every one in the US and also the world.

As to why Donald Trump kept those documents, consider his personality. He is not much of a reader, and he has little interest in anything other than himself. So he would likely want to sell those documents to some buyer with a lot of $$$ for him. Saudi Arabia? Russia? China? North Korea?

So, is this the largest security breach in the nation's history? World history?

Probably. In my opinion, the next move the FBI makes will confirm the severity. If for example, they decide to subpoena all communications and exchange of data in relation to the files retrieved my answer changes from probably to definitely.
Yeah, that would be hard to dismiss. But still no telling who Cheato already leaked, sold or gave what.

The first thing that I thought about was that 2 billion $ the Saudis “gave” Jared for no apparent reason other than endorsing Keshoggi’s murder …

Comedy gold.

Is intentionally mislabeling someone against the rules that you wish to cite?

This (Trump stealing and probably selling or at least sharing Top Secret info with our enemies) affects US and potentially endangers every one in the US and also the world.

As to why Donald Trump kept those documents, consider his personality. He is not much of a reader, and he has little interest in anything other than himself. So he would likely want to sell those documents to some buyer with a lot of $$$ for him. Saudi Arabia? Russia? China? North Korea?

So, is this the largest security breach in the nation's history? World history?

Probably. In my opinion, the next move the FBI makes will confirm the severity. If for example, they decide to subpoena all communications and exchange of data in relation to the files retrieved my answer changes from probably to definitely.
Yeah, that would be hard to dismiss. But still no telling who Cheato already leaked, sold or gave what.

The first thing that I thought about was that 2 billion $ the Saudis “gave” Jared for no apparent reason other than endorsing Keshoggi’s murder …

Comedy gold.
<A discussion of forum rules>
None of those posts say they did, they only speculate that it is likely he could have.

Everyone says he committed the crime of having them, nobody has said that he actually sold them except you. Only that he PROBABLY sold them.

One is a statement of a definite crime and the other is a statement of a  probable crime.

You have transformed this probable crime into a statement of definite knowledge, and then attacked the statement of definite knowledge AS a statement of definite knowledge, when that statement was only ever your own.

This argument of yours is a straw man argument.

DOJ was always going to appeal Judge Aileen Cannon’s order establishing a special master. It was such an aberrant, bizarre, and unworkable procedure that there was no chance that DOJ would let the precedent be established. But as a matter of timing, if Judge Dearie was moving quickly and assertively, DOJ likely felt better served by having Dearie just mow through the documents and tangential issues and then appeal later. But on Thursday, Judge Cannon signaled that she’s not going to let Dearie do the job that she theoretically asked him to do. With two years of experience and grossly unqualified from the start, Judge Cannon overruled a Reagan-appointed judge who is esteemed by the NYC Bar. She even lengthened the timeline. So it was that late Friday, DOJ filed an expedited appeal of Cannon’s special master ruling. They need this case out of Cannon’s hands as soon as possible. This appeal could do it.
More in the link.

L
DOJ was always going to appeal Judge Aileen Cannon’s order establishing a special master. It was such an aberrant, bizarre, and unworkable procedure that there was no chance that DOJ would let the precedent be established. But as a matter of timing, if Judge Dearie was moving quickly and assertively, DOJ likely felt better served by having Dearie just mow through the documents and tangential issues and then appeal later. But on Thursday, Judge Cannon signaled that she’s not going to let Dearie do the job that she theoretically asked him to do. With two years of experience and grossly unqualified from the start, Judge Cannon overruled a Reagan-appointed judge who is esteemed by the NYC Bar. She even lengthened the timeline. So it was that late Friday, DOJ filed an expedited appeal of Cannon’s special master ruling. They need this case out of Cannon’s hands as soon as possible. This appeal could do it.
More in the link.
Loose Cannon Fires More Shells Into Hull of USS US.

Let's just hope that loose lips don't sink this ship.

You appear unable to distinguish between proven allegations and speculations. "I think George Zimmerman was a murderer" and "George Zimmerman was convicted of murder" are two different statements — surely your English skill is good enough to understand that?

Also, in "First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated" you have confused the two opposite political camps. It is the QOPAnoners (cf DeSantis) who want to force people to report on their political stances.

Do I think Trump intended to sell, or has already sold, secrets to foreign powers? Unlike Jason who seems adamant that that was the intent, or that that intent had been proven, I have serious doubts. A good spy or criminal would surely have found a better hiding place, no? Jason and I seem to agree that the Trump family is a criminal organization, but I am particularly impressed by their incompetence. Now that criminals know what is possible, I dread the next Republican Administration.

Were privileged Mar-a-Lago visitors invited to browse the secret documents? That doesn't strike me as unlikely, but in this thread only Jason Harvestdancer has suggested that that allegation has been proven.

Jimmy might be right, the documents are trophies for Trump.

Having the classified documents, some in his desk, suports his fabasy of still being president.

Reactions: jab

Having the classified documents, some in his desk, suports his fabasy of still being president.
...And is also ridiculously illegal.

Edit: the whole point of a president rather than a king is that presidents are under rather than above the law.

They are not kept in check by the decisions of oligarchs, they are kept in check by the decisions of the duly elected representatives of the people, which bind all people and those in power particularly so!

...And is also ridiculously illegal.

Edit: the whole point of a president rather than a king is that presidents are under rather than above the law.

They are not kept in check by the decisions of oligarchs, they are kept in check by the decisions of the duly elected representatives of the people, which bind all people and those in power particularly so!
For a long time congress has gradually ceded power to POTUS. The autority to depoy American troops without getting congressional approval. Liberal use of executive privilege.

In partce the power of POTUS has always been a fuzzy line. COTUS does not have a lot of hard bounds beyond generalizations. 'High crimes and misdemeanors' is open to interpretaion.

Reining in a president requires congress to act, which the republicans refused to do with Trump. With Nixon it was bipartisan.

Oba,a pushed executive orders to the limit. He said publicly on executve oders giveif you need something me a call I have a pen in hnad. He also sent troops toASfrica omder the radar.

Trump has gone farther tha any other POTUS, but all of them do it.

FDR tries to pack SCOTUS to get his New Deal agneda past COTUS objections.

It was a potential interpretation, not a conclusion.
And the fact he was President. But having documents on the nuclear capabilities of another nation... that is absurdly secret.

And the fact he was President. But having documents on the nuclear capabilities of another nation... that is absurdly secret.
And illegal, when you're not in a secure room designed for viewing those documents, or when you are not authorized to be in that room for viewing those documents.

Trump's desk in Mierde-Lardo is not that place, and Trump is not so authorized. He lost that when Biden cut off his clearance, and "re-classified them with his mind" (they were already classified, and never stopped being so).

Except, you didn't do what was asked.
Well yeah. So is "calling out" members as well. How many rules do you want to cop out breaking?

Trump is a semi-literate goon who probably cheated just to get his BS degree. (He doesn't even have an MBA.) The Higgins-Bank hypothesis is very consistent with his spoiled-brat persona.

Still, this is the man who charged Don Jr's Boy Scout membership to a charity, pilfered heirlooms from the White House, and used the recent death of his first wife to sell MAGA hats. It seems quite likely he'd have an urge to monetize the secret documents. But there may not have been anyone in his inner circle smart enough to price the documents and set up bidders. Most likely a few foreign agents were allowed to browse the collection in return for donations to Trump or "investments" in a Kushner grift.

Back
Top Bottom