• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

WASHINGTON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday granted the Justice Department's request to expedite its appeal of a lower court order appointing a special master to review records the FBI seized from former President Donald Trump's Florida estate.

The decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit to fast-track the government's appeal represents a setback for Trump, who had opposed the request.

Last week, the Justice Department had asked the 11th Circuit to address concerns it still has with U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon's appointment of Senior Judge Raymond Dearie, who is tasked with reviewing more than 11,000 records the FBI found inside Mar-a-Lago in order to weed out anything that may be privileged.

Cannon's order blocks the Justice Department from relying on those records for its ongoing criminal investigation until Dearie's review is complete.
It seems like the judges up the food chain from Cannon are saying "okay, that was an...interesting opinion, but the adults are talking right now."

The NY Times says that the DOJ believes that Trump still has documents stashed somewhere and that they have communicated this to Trump's legal team. The article also claims that the $3 million lawyer, Christopher Kise, was demoted for suggesting that Trump hire his own forensic firm to search for any possible documents that haven't been returned.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/06/...ytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

I think it is clear now that there is now that since Trump had nuclear secrets and was going to sell them to Russia, it is time to take a hard line on Trump and his supporters. Thank you Jimmy for explaining that part to me about what Trump had in his possession and his intention.

We need to give Biden emergency powers to deal with the whole MAGA movement.

They need to be removed from society. First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated. Those who can be rehabilitated can eventually be readmitted to society. The rest, well, there is no hope for them and they should be eliminated.

I'll need a cite for the claim I've reddened. If your cite is Jimmy's post(s) I'll need to see the relevant excerpt(s) from Jimmy's posts.

I'll do even better and show Jimmy isn't the only one doing that.

This (Trump stealing and probably selling or at least sharing Top Secret info with our enemies) affects US and potentially endangers every one in the US and also the world.

As to why Donald Trump kept those documents, consider his personality. He is not much of a reader, and he has little interest in anything other than himself. So he would likely want to sell those documents to some buyer with a lot of $$$ for him. Saudi Arabia? Russia? China? North Korea?

Is intentionally mislabeling someone against the rules that you wish to cite?

You appear unable to distinguish between proven allegations and speculations. "I think George Zimmerman was a murderer" and "George Zimmerman was convicted of murder" are two different statements — surely your English skill is good enough to understand that?

Also, in "First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated" you have confused the two opposite political camps. It is the QOPAnoners (cf DeSantis) who want to force people to report on their political stances.

Do I think Trump intended to sell, or has already sold, secrets to foreign powers? Unlike Jason who seems adamant that that was the intent, or that that intent had been proven, I have serious doubts. A good spy or criminal would surely have found a better hiding place, no? Jason and I seem to agree that the Trump family is a criminal organization, but I am particularly impressed by their incompetence. Now that criminals know what is possible, I dread the next Republican Administration.

Were privileged Mar-a-Lago visitors invited to browse the secret documents? That doesn't strike me as unlikely, but in this thread only Jason Harvestdancer has suggested that that allegation has been proven.
The DoJ has the security camera footage around the locked door that led to the storage area... if they are proposing that people were allowed to peruse, or even take documents, then they have it on video.
I'm not certain that it is true that the DOJ had cameras on Mar A Lago premises. Do you have a source?
The warrant included their security camera footage, which was confirmed to include the hallway outside the door that lead to where the documents were stored. Sorry no link.

The New York Times is saying that the reason Trump was keeping the documents is that he wanted to make a deal with the National Archives to trade them for documents he believed that they must have that proved that the investigation of Russian ties to his campaign was improper.

Seriously, you can't make these things up.

The New York Times is saying that the reason Trump was keeping the documents is that he wanted to make a deal with the National Archives to trade them for documents he believed that they must have that proved that the investigation of Russian ties to his campaign was improper.

Seriously, you can't make these things up.

For those without a current subscription: Gift link to the article.

Ruth

Late last year, as the National Archives ratcheted up the pressure on former President Donald J. Trump to return boxes of records he had taken from the White House to his Mar-a-Lago club, he came up with an idea to resolve the looming showdown: cut a deal.

Mr. Trump, still determined to show he had been wronged by the F.B.I. investigation into his 2016 campaign’s ties to Russia, was angry with the National Archives and Records Administration for its unwillingness to hand over a batch of sensitive documents that he thought proved his claims.

In exchange for those documents, Mr. Trump told advisers, he would return to the National Archives the boxes of material he had taken to Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla.
The Art Of The Steal

Thanks for the link, Ruth. (y)

Late last year, as the National Archives ratcheted up the pressure on former President Donald J. Trump to return boxes of records he had taken from the White House to his Mar-a-Lago club, he came up with an idea to resolve the looming showdown: cut a deal.

Mr. Trump, still determined to show he had been wronged by the F.B.I. investigation into his 2016 campaign’s ties to Russia, was angry with the National Archives and Records Administration for its unwillingness to hand over a batch of sensitive documents that he thought proved his claims.

In exchange for those documents, Mr. Trump told advisers, he would return to the National Archives the boxes of material he had taken to Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla.
The Art Of The Steal

Thanks for the link, Ruth. (y)
So, he admitted he committed the crime in order to... Commit a second crime.

Well it has been said “it’s not the crime, it’s the coverup”. Where people get busted for their attempts to cover up a crime. Of course how bad are the crimes when espionage and extortion are used for the cover up?

Well at least she didn't fall out of a window.

Well at least she didn't fall out of a window.
Picking nits here, but it wasn't Inna Yashchyshyn (the "she" who inflitrated Trump's inner circle) who was shot, it was her associate, Valerly Tarasnko (a "he") who told the FBI about her. I had to read it about three times to get it straight.

The Guardian has a bit more on their background. This may be an "ordinary" mob hit.

Yeah but the Democrats are as bad or worse.... (ironic not sincere)

Your response makes no sense. (sincere)
I'm sorry for your irony impairment. Helpful hint: It means the opposite of what was actually said or typed.
It still makes no sense, because your post was a reply to mine yet also has absolutely no relation to mine.
I know that’s what you believe. I cannot understand it for you.

I'm sorry for your irony impairment. Helpful hint: It means the opposite of what was actually said or typed.
It still makes no sense, because your post was a reply to mine yet also has absolutely no relation to mine.
You can't make it understandable for anyone.

Cool

Cool
But the Demolicans and the Republicrats are just as bad or worse.

There is a pot that wants its argument back.

Also, are you just resorting to harassment posting now?
Like, I understood Toni's argument so Jason's claim is without basis. How hard is that?
Put me down as someone else who could understand what Toni was saying. In fact, it very much looks to be the case that Jason is, once, again the only person unable (or perhaps unwilling) to comprehend.

Put me down as someone else who could understand what Toni was saying. In fact, it very much looks to be the case that Jason is, once, again the only person unable (or perhaps unwilling) to comprehend.
Jason knows exactly what he is doing. He just thinks he is being a lot more clever than he actually is.

I read a rumor that he had something much worse than nuclear documents in his possession, something so dangerous that the government took the unprecedented step of sending the FBI to raid his residence.

The rumor said he had the Epstein client list, and was going to drop it should he lose in '24.

If true, this is certainly more dangerous to those in power than any mere nuclear documents
A rumor. Like how you read a "rumor" but just let it lay there, passive aggressively.

I know, it must be hard to realize, Trump is a fucking con artist.
Cool
But the Demolicans and the Republicrats are just as bad or worse.

If we need to debate deep nested barbs of repartee it would behoove to quote in entirety.
I'm just munching popcorn in the bleachers, but have edited the above excerpt and expanded the nesting hoping to help other fans engrossed in this dialog.

Back
Top Bottom