• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Matt Gaetz Wants More Prayer In Schools

The one whose kid was the most famous zombie of all time. The one who demands that we practice forgiveness and will send you to hell if you spurn his teachings.

Even that 'One' has multiple versions, Catholic, Protestant, countless cults with their own ideas of God.

The one whose kid was the most famous zombie of all time. The one who demands that we practice forgiveness and will send you to hell if you spurn his teachings.

Even that 'One' has multiple versions, Catholic, Protestant, countless cults with their own ideas of God.

Then there's the Original Testament God.

Ever hear about a Trinity or God's Son in the OT? Nope.
You know why?

Because Jesus, miracle working demigod, hadn't been created yet.
Simple as that.

It's in the Bible. Look it up. No trinity, no demigod, it's very clear. One God and only one God. No trinity.
Tom

But also clear implications of polytheism, in verses like "no other gods before me" and Ex. 12:12, where god says he's going to work a judgment on the gods of Egypt -- of course Christians can say that these gods are nonexistent and that the "real" god is just referring to delusions of the pagans -- but I don't see the Bible text saying that. And there's the nephilim of Genesis 6, whatever the hell they were. Some sort of supernatural fellas who interbred with humans. That could potentially explain Chuck Norris.

Then there's the Original Testament God.

Ever hear about a Trinity or God's Son in the OT? Nope.
You know why?

Because Jesus, miracle working demigod, hadn't been created yet.
Simple as that.

It's in the Bible. Look it up. No trinity, no demigod, it's very clear. One God and only one God. No trinity.
Tom

Yet there are those who believe that, and more. It seems that each and every believer has their own version of God.

But also clear implications of polytheism, in verses like "no other gods before me" and Ex. 12:12, where god says he's going to work a judgment on the gods of Egypt -- of course Christians can say that these gods are nonexistent and that the "real" god is just referring to delusions of the pagans -- but I don't see the Bible text saying that. And there's the nephilim of Genesis 6, whatever the hell they were. Some sort of supernatural fellas who interbred with humans. That could potentially explain Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris cannot be explained. ;)

The one whose kid was the most famous zombie of all time.
View attachment 44375
Corporeal is debatable.
But cannonically speaking... yeah, MFer was a lich. Had someone wound-fuck him with their hand and everything
Yes, but he also walked through a locked door to access the room where that miracle happened. Shortly thereafter, he teleports to the next province. Corporeality is a spectrum. I know what this meant to the Gnostics of course, but today's orthodox Christians often struggle to explain the contradictions of the post-Resurrection Jesus.

The one whose kid was the most famous zombie of all time.
View attachment 44375
Corporeal is debatable.
But cannonically speaking... yeah, MFer was a lich. Had someone wound-fuck him with their hand and everything
Yes, but he also walked through a locked door to access the room where that miracle happened. Shortly thereafter, he teleports to the next province. Corporeality is a spectrum. I know what this meant to the Gnostics of course, but today's orthodox Christians often struggle to explain the contradictions of the post-Resurrection Jesus.
Just because liches have access to Dimension Door, Teleport, Misty Step, and other high level magic doesn't make them incorporeal.

Obviously this is just more evidence he was a lich.

So...we're ruling out a time-traveling T-1000 Terminator, the kind that is shape-shifting and made of liquid metal? Just wanted to check all the boxes.

What is prayer, if not begging for favour? ''Please, Lord, grant me this little thing and I shall worship you forever and ever, amen.''

Back
Top Bottom