• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

McCabe Fired 2 Days Before Retirement

McCabe just made life tough for Comey and the special counsel

If the “interaction” means leaking the information, then McCabe’s statement would seem to directly contradict statements Comey made in a May 2017 congressional hearing. Asked if he had “ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation” or whether he had “ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation,” Comey replied “never” and “no.”

So it is alleged that McCabe might have leaked information and was accused of misleading, supposedly, an investigation on it, and it might be possible that Comey may have known about it, theoretically. Got it, case closed then. And I'm not sure what the article is alluding to with regards to " virtually unprecedented recommendation of career officials to fire the one-time acting FBI director". Unless it's referring to the executive branch meddling with the Justice Department for its own political gains that is. These magical career officials, can you name two of them?

Trump could not have chosen a better victim to make an example of in order to cow his underlings. McCabe was high enough in the hierarchy to give everyone the impression that they are not safe unless they obey unquestioningly, and the fact that McCabe most likely lost his pension two days before he was to receive it makes them mindful of how much can be at stake.

Also, I anticipate that tens of thousand government administrators will concentrate on not rousing the ire of the president more so than before rather than focusing on doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. People who complain about the quality of the public service are about to get a rude surprise about how much worse it is going to be from now on.

McCabe kept memos describing his interactions with Trump, similar to the ones Comey kept. Trump has released a series of unhinged tweets this morning, included this bit of insanity:
Trump said:
The Fake News is beside themselves that McCabe was caught, called out and fired. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars was given to wife’s campaign by Crooked H friend, Terry M, who was also under investigation? How many lies? How many leaks? Comey knew it all, and much more!
He flat out admits that it was a move to remove someone that he (and only he) thought was his political foe. When are his supporters going to admit that the man is unfit to hold any office of responsibility?
When are you going to learn that his followers want this dictatorship?

When if the GOP going to understand history will damn them for their complictness?

Andrew McCabe won't get a pension. Trump celebrates.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/tr...g-pension-late-night-tweet-calling-great-day/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/974859881827258369

Trumptweet said:
Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!

I wonder if the FBI realizes yet what a mistake it was to put their thumbs on the scale and help Trump get elected. That whole "but her email" nonsense is precisely why I won't feel any sympathy for McCabe or anyone else in the FBI who gets backstabbed by Trump. As far as I'm concerned, they asked for it.

I'm sure that the way conservatives see it, McCabe deserves to lose his pension because he showed disloyalty to Mother Russia. It's OK to betray America, but betrayal of Russia will not be tolerated.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/tr...g-pension-late-night-tweet-calling-great-day/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/974859881827258369

Trumptweet said:
Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!

I wonder if the FBI realizes yet what a mistake it was to put their thumbs on the scale and help Trump get elected. That whole "but her email" nonsense is precisely why I won't feel any sympathy for McCabe or anyone else in the FBI who gets backstabbed by Trump. As far as I'm concerned, they asked for it.

I'm sure that the way conservatives see it, McCabe deserves to lose his pension because he showed disloyalty to Mother Russia. It's OK to betray America, but betrayal of Russia will not be tolerated.

His firing has nothing to do with Trump. The IG began its investigation while Obama was still in office. HERE

You people are cray cray.

There's a lot of Dems in congress offering him a job to work two more days to hit his retirement mark.

Loved seeing th newsline today that a dem congressperson has hired him for a federal position as an election security consultant for a term of at least one pay period. :D

McCabe just made life tough for Comey and the special counsel

If the “interaction” means leaking the information, then McCabe’s statement would seem to directly contradict statements Comey made in a May 2017 congressional hearing. Asked if he had “ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation” or whether he had “ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation,” Comey replied “never” and “no.”

It could make things difficult on Comey, but as to Trump's problems, they don't go away simply by saying, "Look, he lied too!" Maybe an aggravated parent trying to stop a squabble between two bratty kids might use that as an excuse to stop the squabbling, but the facts and the substantive law as applied to the facts are what matters. That is, the issue of whether Trump attempted to obstruct, and committed obstructive acts, is still present.

And it certainly doesn't give Trump good reason to end Mueller's investigation.

His firing has nothing to do with Trump. The IG began its investigation while Obama was still in office. HERE

...and most of that has to do with Russia, Comey, the Election, etc, right?

His own lawyer praised the Justice Department's Inspector General's investigation; which started before Trump became president.

The investigation of James Comey is exactly what the country needs

In addition to looking into the actions of the FBI director regarding the email investigation, the probe will look into whether the FBI’s deputy director should have recused himself from the investigation because of his wife’s political involvement; whether a high-ranking Justice Department official or others improperly disclosed non-public information to both the Clinton and Trump campaigns; and whether the timing of the FBI’s election eve Freedom of Information Act disclosures relating to Bill Clinton’s 2001 pardon of Marc Rich was based on inappropriate considerations.

But the focus of the investigation — and the public’s interest in it — will remain on what Comey did and why.

McCabe is rotten. The IG's recommendation to fire him would have happened even if Clinton was president. But all this knee jerk defense of the guy. Partisan idiots.

First, you keep focusing on Trump not becoming President until Jan 2017 but the stuff that occurred happened during the long 2 years of campaigning. Second, it's interesting that these partisan schmoes had to go back to 2001 to find something other than RussiaGate-related material to get him on. Third, you didn't explicitly answer my question, just threw out some article and then ad Homs.

I read your link and all the items appear campaign/election related.

His own lawyer praised the Justice Department's Inspector General's investigation; which started before Trump became president.

The investigation of James Comey is exactly what the country needs

In addition to looking into the actions of the FBI director regarding the email investigation, the probe will look into whether the FBI’s deputy director should have recused himself from the investigation because of his wife’s political involvement; whether a high-ranking Justice Department official or others improperly disclosed non-public information to both the Clinton and Trump campaigns; and whether the timing of the FBI’s election eve Freedom of Information Act disclosures relating to Bill Clinton’s 2001 pardon of Marc Rich was based on inappropriate considerations.

But the focus of the investigation — and the public’s interest in it — will remain on what Comey did and why.

McCabe is rotten. The IG's recommendation to fire him would have happened even if Clinton was president. But all this knee jerk defense of the guy. Partisan idiots.

He was rotten? You're shitting me?? I had no idea. I'm so embarrassed. However, please tell how he is crooked. I'd appreciate a little evidence as well. Links. or something. Cool beans?

Trump could not have chosen a better victim to make an example of in order to cow his underlings. McCabe was high enough in the hierarchy to give everyone the impression that they are not safe unless they obey unquestioningly, and the fact that McCabe most likely lost his pension two days before he was to receive it makes them mindful of how much can be at stake.

Also, I anticipate that tens of thousand government administrators will concentrate on not rousing the ire of the president more so than before rather than focusing on doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. People who complain about the quality of the public service are about to get a rude surprise about how much worse it is going to be from now on.

Yup. He's subverting the system from within--the checks and balances don't work very well when he can fire the ones that are suppose to be the checks on his actions.

please tell how he is crooked.

He wrote fake memos detailing his discussions with Cheato, and corroborated Comey's fake memos. Also violated his pledge of fealty to Dear Leader, and the confidentiality agreement he was coerced to sign.

How much worse could he possibly be?

He wrote fake memos detailing his discussions with Cheato, and corroborated Comey's fake memos. Also violated his pledge of fealty to Dear Leader, and the confidentiality agreement he was coerced to sign.

Please explain and provide facts that these memos are fake.

Please explain and provide facts that these memos are fake.

CHEATO SEZ SO!

...and we all know what the chances are that he's lying. That NEVER happens unless his lips are moving or his fingers are twiddling.

what happens when "doing their jobs to the best of their abilities" involves "rousing the ire of the president"?

Hint: What you are seeing happening today is what happens.

what happens when "doing their jobs to the best of their abilities" involves "rousing the ire of the president"?

Hint: What you are seeing happening today is what happens.

Hard not to rouse the ire of our present infant in charge.

McCabe is so much more of a man than Trump. So much better than Trump.

What hurts is the reminder of the level of injustice in this nation.

DarvkrKXkAEyXQ_.jpg:large

mccabe.jpg

IG Report

Lacked Candor = Lying

He authorized the leak of an ongoing investigation to protect his own interest, denied that he knew who leaked the information, and then admonished two FBI executives for leaking the information. He lied four times, three times under oath. Why do people defend this douche bag?

Back
Top Bottom