• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

McConnell opposes the truth

How about instead of all these commissions we have two panels: One with a permanent job of investigating the Democrats and one with a permanent job of investigating the Republicans. Each panel is controlled by the other party.

This might actually be the dumbest thing you've said on this forum.

Congratulations, I guess.

Of course the QOP would engage in stuff like another Benghazi investigation. Of course that costs money but does it do any meaningful harm?

FUCK YES! Publicity and legitimacy are the same for these vile cunts. That's why Jewish Space Lasers become part of serious discussions. That's why a teenager with an illegal firearm crossing state borders to murder some people is considered a hero. That's why the largest act of domestic terrorism is considered exuberant tourism. That's why Hugo Chavez is still alive and actively plotting to overthrow America. That's why someone who sells pillows is considered an expert in election fraud.

These are no longer fringe ideas. They have become mainstream because of "both sides" bullshit and "fairness" false equivalency. Fuck these loons. They should never be put in a position of responsibility or power.

The idea is to avoid a situation where the party in power can choose not to investigate itself.

Fuck that. You can't trust GQPers to even use a toilet correctly and they form the base of one of these sides. I'll give a fox keys to a henhouse when the alternative is making the fox share with fucking Thanos. My solution isn't ideal. Yours is a fucking nightmare.

Note that everything you're talking about has happened without what I propose.

As it stands it's always the party in power investigating the party not in power. I'm saying to give the party not in power investigative ability also.

How about instead of all these commissions we have two panels: One with a permanent job of investigating the Democrats and one with a permanent job of investigating the Republicans. Each panel is controlled by the other party.

How about some indication of why you think it's dumb.

Note that everything you're talking about has happened without what I propose.

As it stands it's always the party in power investigating the party not in power. I'm saying to give the party not in power investigative ability also.

I know what you're saying. And from an abstract hypothetical viewpoint I agree. What I am saying is that given the current state the GQP is in, there is no way they can handle such a responsibility, shouldn't be given such a responsibility nor have they shown any indication to accept such responsibility in good faith.

So, fuck 'em.

The reason I don't like it is because it further entrenches the power of the Republocratic politicians.

I'm not big on bringing partisan politics into that issue at all. But I suppose, if I had to, I'd prefer a panel chosen by top members of the Green and Libertarian partys.
Tom

The reason I don't like it is because it further entrenches the power of the Republocratic politicians.

I'm not big on bringing partisan politics into that issue at all. But I suppose, if I had to, I'd prefer a panel chosen by top members of the Green and Libertarian partys.
Tom

Why not do it like most other countries? Have a bunch of public servants who have worked for the government for so long (and for several Presidents) they are too fucking jaded for partisan bullshit.

Tom

Why not do it like most other countries? Have a bunch of public servants who have worked for the government for so long (and for several Presidents) they are too fucking jaded for partisan bullshit.

If not former gov employees, then at least apolitical private citizens. I think that's what the proposed independent 1/6 Commission would be.
Republicans don't want anyone giving air to the truth. They are complicit, they know it and will never ever ever assent to any credible fact finding body.

It's time to do away with the filibuster. NOW. Another few months and it will be too late.

Architect Of The Capitol Outlines $30 Million In Damages From Pro-Trump Riot

$30 Million In Damages, and for some reason, the people on this forum who pretend to be so concerned with Property Damage have little or nothing to say about it.
Why?
Because it's not about property damage. It's about the skin color of the people causing it.
White people don't cause
Capture.JPG.
They just protest lib'ruls stealing elections by getting more votes.

Any minute now, the Turtle Troopers in DC will vote to dismiss any fact finding about that $30m in damages. It's not as important as saving us from the Dems' 1.8 trillion $ infrastructure boondoggle bill.

The only way to get some white people to care about the damage done to black people at the hands of the police would be to allow those white people to own black people as property.

Back
Top Bottom