• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mike Johnson - Speaker Of The House

CNN is reporting that Mike Johnson supporters want him to insert new rules into the current aid package to make it harder to "vacate the chair" so he does not have to rely on the dems to get things done. They are name calling - what is this kindergarten?

Mike Johnson

I bet he is gone by the summer.

They can change the rules like that? I can only imagine the mocking of the "radicals" and how ineffective the Democrats were, if the tables were turned.

CNN is reporting that Mike Johnson supporters want him to insert new rules into the current aid package to make it harder to "vacate the chair" so he does not have to rely on the dems to get things done. They are name calling - what is this kindergarten?

Mike Johnson

He is STILL going to need Dems to get anything done. All he can do is limit the effectiveness of Madge and Matty. The Putinistas won’t help with anything that doesn’t serve to tear down the system.

Mike Johnson

He is STILL going to need Dems to get anything done. All he can do is limit the effectiveness of Madge and Matty. The Putinistas won’t help with anything that doesn’t serve to tear down the system.
If these bills pass with bipartisan support, the current vacate the chair rule will lose its teeth as Dems will owe Mike Johnson that much. The Freedom Caucus will also lose the undeserved power it currently has in the House.
Pay attention to his comments emphasizing his being a Reagan Republican. I think he's sending a larger message of how things are going to be moving forward. Also notice how up in arms the Freedom Caucus is right now.

Also notice how up in arms the Freedom Caucus is right now.
lol! Poor babies. Adversity builds character, and they sorely need it.
The scumbag right could end up … dare I say MARGinalized? That would be ideal, but I sincerely doubt it’s going to happen. The bulk of the Republican electorate is too poisoned.
OTOH, if Mr Speaker has a real come to Jesus moment, anything might be possible.

Third Republican says he'd support ouster of Speaker Johnson, after Speaker Johnson worked to get foreign aid bill through Congress with Democrat support. The vote is supposed to be early Saturday to approve foreign aid funding to Taiwan, Israel, and Ukraine. Rep Greene (* - GA) hasn't followed up herself on the ouster. It seems clear at this point that the Dems would support Johnson in a tit for tat on him actually governing for a week. Greene would look more stupid than normal if she moved to oust and Johnson received 90% or so support from the House to stay.

Speaker Johnson is getting some credit for doing the right thing, and not enough criticism for taking so fucking long to do it. The best part in all of this is that Freedumb Carcass is complaining about no funding for the border... when Sen. Lankford has already extorted those provisions from the Democrats in the Senate and the House/Freedumb Carcass refused to even consider it.

When Kevin McCarthy was voted out, some complained that the Dems should have avoided chaos by supporting that cretinous hypocrite. Remember that this is the same Kevin McCarthy who flew to Mar-a-Lago right after the attempted coup of January 6 to advise the psychopath that he was still the Beloved Chosen One, that despite his high crimes and treasons he was still the rightful ruler, greatest President ever, etc. If not for McCarthy, the right-wing lies about "The Steal" might not have maintained their momentum.

And McCarthy was a "moderate." Isn't Mike Johnson part of the lunatic fringe that thinks ALL abortions are murder?

If these bills pass with bipartisan support, the current vacate the chair rule will lose its teeth as Dems will owe Mike Johnson that much.

Will the Dems support Johnson? Should they? I think they should insist on concessions before breaking precedent and voting for an enemy.

When Kevin McCarthy was voted out, some complained that the Dems should have avoided chaos by supporting that cretinous hypocrite. Remember that this is the same Kevin McCarthy who flew to Mar-a-Lago right after the attempted coup of January 6 to advise the psychopath that he was still the Beloved Chosen One, that despite his high crimes and treasons he was still the rightful ruler, greatest President ever, etc. If not for McCarthy, the right-wing lies about "The Steal" might not have maintained their momentum.

And McCarthy was a "moderate." Isn't Mike Johnson part of the lunatic fringe that thinks ALL abortions are murder?

If these bills pass with bipartisan support, the current vacate the chair rule will lose its teeth as Dems will owe Mike Johnson that much.

Will the Dems support Johnson? Should they? I think they should insist on concessions before breaking precedent and voting for an enemy.

A bad precedent that never should have been set. Aren't they suppose to be working together, compromising, getting things done? Remember, back in the day?

“Let’s trust each other… Let’s return to regular order.” We’ve been spinning our wheels on too many important issues because we keep trying to find a way to win without help from across the aisle.”
-John McCain

A bad precedent that never should have been set. Aren't they suppose to be working together, compromising, getting things done? Remember, back in the day?

“Let’s trust each other… Let’s return to regular order.” We’ve been spinning our wheels on too many important issues because we keep trying to find a way to win without help from across the aisle.”
-John McCain

:confused2: Shouldn't ALL righteous people work together? Why not choose a Speaker from the Party closest to a Majority? That would be Hakeem Jeffries.
The House currently has
  • 213 Democrats
  • 198-208 Republicans
  • 10-20 Traitors and Haters whose agenda is to sabotage the country.

Strange bedfellows.
The enemy here is the Putin Party. Gaetz, Greene & Co. And they just got their head handed to them, thanks to our new friend of convenience, Mikey J.
It was MOST urgent to pass Ukraine aid, and that got done. If it means putting up with another 6 months of a Christian Nationalist Speaker, so be it.

I wonder if Pootey has called Trump yet, to ream him for letting them pass aid to his enemy… I like trying to envision Trump right now, on one of his rare days off court, dreading that call.

Johnson seems to be saying and doing the right things in the House, even if he says and does the wrong things outside the House. If one of the right wingtards like Moscow Marge was in charge absolutely nothing would get done. So there is that.

Strange bedfellows.
The enemy here is the Putin Party. Gaetz, Greene & Co. And they just got their head handed to them, thanks to our new friend of convenience, Mikey J.
It was MOST urgent to pass Ukraine aid, and that got done. If it means putting up with another 6 months of a Christian Nationalist Speaker, so be it.
It's like the hens made a deal with the fox to protect the henhouse from the pack of rabid wolves that's banging on the door.

With any luck, the real head of the Putin Party (Nodding Don) will follow through on the promise of sucking all the money out of the down-ballot races to feed his ego, and enough districts can be flipped to give the Speaker's gavel to someone who does NOT view "The Handmaid's Tale" as aspirational. Unfortunately a lot of the seats filled with the likes of Marjorie Trailer Queen and Paul "Sig Heil" Gosar are so hopelessly gerrymandered a potted plant with an (R) next to their name could win. I'd love a smashing victory, but my guess is that if the House does flip, it will still be a thin majority in charge. Then there's the Senate...

It's like the hens made a deal with the fox to protect the henhouse from the pack of rabid wolves that's banging on the door.
Heh …
So, if having Johnson as Speaker keeps the rabid wolves separated from the rest of the pack of scoundrels, maybe it’s best to keep him there rather than unite all of the right wing assholes in opposition to a Democrat.

Well, are you going to move to vacate, Margie? Margie? Maybe a few more Ukrainian flags carried into the House will motivate you.

Moscow Marjorie ain’t got the juice.
Empty G is indeed an empty vessel. Her district can safely be ignored in the grand scheme of things. I think her “constituents” should be subjected to way more pain as a consequence of their stupid, treasonous choice of representative's.

Back
Top Bottom