• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mike Johnson - Speaker Of The House

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
I am starting this thread to observe the Mike Johnson House Of Representitive era. Mike Johnson is a MAGA extremist. An extreme Christian Nationalist. An apparently an idiot. Johnson can do a lot of damage as speaker, and will probably do so. Perhaps his leadership of the House may get him booted as Speaker. Maybe not. It is unlikely Johnson will pragmatically move to the center. In the past, he has recommended women who get abortions for any reason be prosecuted and sentenced to ten years of hard labor. In an election year in 2024 where abortion rights will be a major issue, this will be a problem for the GOP taking a hard line over abortion. He gets his sense of American history from David Barton and other similar Christian pseudo-historians. He is anti-gay and anti-woke. Can he lead the GOP over a cliff or will prospects of losing elections for this kind of extremism force some GOP members to back off the crazy?

We are entering unmapped territory. Here there be dragons.

Thanks Democrats for joining the 8 MAGA Republicans to vote McCarthy out of Speakership.

Helluva job, Hakeem!

Thanks Democrats for joining the 8 MAGA Republicans to vote McCarthy out of Speakership.

Helluva job, Hakeem!

Yup. Now we have such a trumpsucking religious nutbar in running the clownshow that GQP prospects for 2024 are looking better and better.

(for Democrats)

Helluva job.

Helluva job, Hakeem!
To be fair, there were a few moments there when it didn’t seem Unreasonable that some republicans could side with democrats for some kind of power sharing scenario. So it was at best a gamble that maybe didn’t pay off. Not like McCarthy was that great anyway.

And herecwe go!

"On Thursday, the speaker floated a bizarre plan hatched by Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.) — a 'laddered CR,'" the publication (Punchbowl News) writes. "The scheme, which Johnson only described obliquely, would extend government funding agency by agency for different periods of time. This could effectively create a cascade of government shutdown threats over the next few months. Even GOP leadership aides found the plan bizarre and were alarmed Johnson mentioned it."

I'm not exactly going to do cartwheels over a report from PunchBowlNews.

Please read the WaPo opinion piece by Dana Milbank that I'am sharing, so it won't be behind a pay wall. I love Milbank's editorials. He uses a lot of humor, even in the most disturbing cases. This piece is about how little has been accomplished since Johnson became the new speaker. He goes into a lot of detail. It's worse than we could imagine and he also mentions all of the attempts to censure each other in Congress since he's become the worthless speaker. WTF! Time for a new speaker!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e-johnson-censure-resolutions-tlaib-shutdown/

McCarthy is lying right-wing Trumpist scum who might come across as a "moderate" Republican. (Excuse the oxymoron.)

Mike Johnson is an extreme right-winger. He hates gays, hates refugees, wants women who have abortions to serve long prison terms, et cetera. Like the infamous Bishop James Ussher, Johnson believes the Earth is only 6026 years old. He thinks climate change is a hoax. This sick Trumplicker is an utter caricature of present-day GOPsters; and therefore was a perfect choice for Speaker! He helps every American see this Party for what it is. This despicable oaf was elected unanimously among Republicans.

Helluva job, Hakeem!

You are SO predictable! There's no doubt you'd call Obama "Hussein" but you're just smart enough to realize that tired meme would spoil your pretense of not being a right-wing MAGA fellow traveler.

Helluva job, Hakeem!

You are SO predictable! There's no doubt you'd call Obama "Hussein" but you're just smart enough to realize that tired meme would spoil your pretense of not being a right-wing MAGA fellow traveler.

IMHO if there's one thing less honest than a trumpsucker, it's an "I'm not a trumpsucker".
Of course Hakeem Jeffries invented the Johnson and all his perverted regressive delusions - the GOP harboring those same perverted regressive delusions had nothing to do with the fact that they unanimously voted for him.

I suppose the other angle is this fuckhat is saying all the quiet stuff outloud, so the GOP would need to defend this in November.

Back
Top Bottom