• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mike Pence: Obama Shouldn't Be Name-Calling

Calling Trump a demagogue isn't name calling. It's a description. Calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahantas" is name-calling. Now, if Donald were being called "Trumplethinskin", that'd be name calling.

"Trumplethinskin" :hysterical:

I must admit I didn't make this up. But it was so ingenious I felt I was obligated to repeat it. Luckily, I'm not running for President so I have no reason to avoid name calling to appear Presidential.

I think it's a safe assumption that all people connected to the Trump campaign will never appear at another GOP convention.

Yeah. Those who have tied themselves to Trump have truly played the All or Nothing game. If he doesn't win, all of those people are instantly ostracized from the GOP. They'll never be able to completely wash that stink off of themselves.

But that's going to be a lot of people. Voters included.

And where will that leave the likes of Fox News? They've built their network by being the GOP's mouthpiece. But a large percentage of Trump voters don't fit the profile for the Republican party anymore. They rejected everything from a reasonable candidate in Kucinich, to the party favorite in Bush, to the religious nut job in Ted Cruz. They rejected the entire spectrum of what the GOP had to offer. So how will Fox cater to those people?

It is funny to watch the Trumpites style themselves as the wave of the future, and not their more likely end as political landfill.

Calling Trump a demagogue isn't name calling. It's a description. Calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahantas" is name-calling. Now, if Donald were being called "Trumplethinskin", that'd be name calling.

Red Don.

I think it's a safe assumption that all people connected to the Trump campaign will never appear at another GOP convention.

Yeah. Those who have tied themselves to Trump have truly played the All or Nothing game. If he doesn't win, all of those people are instantly ostracized from the GOP. They'll never be able to completely wash that stink off of themselves.

And where will that leave the likes of Fox News? They've built their network by being the GOP's mouthpiece. But a large percentage of Trump voters don't fit the profile for the Republican party anymore. They rejected everything from a reasonable candidate in Kucinich, to the party favorite in Bush, to the religious nut job in Ted Cruz. They rejected the entire spectrum of what the GOP had to offer. So how will Fox cater to those people?
I think this is an interesting question, especially since Ailes out. Supposedly, he managed every aspect of the organization.

I think this is an interesting question, especially since Ailes out. Supposedly, he managed every aspect of the organization.

The relationship between Fox News and Trump has never been as cozy as with the mainline GOP candidates, especially with the Megyn Kelly feud. I was a little surprised Ailes didn't yank her leash, but that may have been his shot across Trump's bow, just to remind him where the power lay.

Now that Ailes is out, it's very likely his successor will try make his(her?) mark by pulling Fox to the middle, with less emphasis on red faced pundits who parrot the party line.

Back
Top Bottom