• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Missing White Blonde Female in News

Jimmy, you must have a fan at CNN ;)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/us/families-missing-black-people/index.html
Some experts say the nation faces "Missing White Women Syndrome," which is defined by the heavier media attention White women and girls receive when they go missing compared to anyone outside of those demographics, according to a study published by the Northwestern University School of Law in 2016.
<snip>
And while the cases of missing White women are given more focus and urgency, people of color are disappearing at disproportionate rates. According to 2020 FBI data, Black people make up 35% of missing persons reports but only 13% of the US population. White people, meanwhile, make up 54% of missing persons reports and 76% of the US population.

Of course. It's just not as common, but YES, missing men should receive the exact same coverage as missing women.

You sure about that? Or is that just your impression from watching the news? Here's a breakdown of NCIC missing persons files in the United State in 2020 by gender, split into two age cohorts (under and over 21):

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240387/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-age/

Interestingly, the two cohorts skew differently. But my impression is that it is "roughly the same" taken overall. About 30 thousand more missing women under 21 than missing men under 21, and about 30 thousand more missing men over 21 than missing women over 21.

That disparity in age groups is pretty astounding. I wonder what the reason is? Maybe younger girls are more prone to running away from home, or are more likely to be taken away by a parent in a custody dispute?

I would guess that teenage girls are more likely to be fleeing sexual abuse.

That disparity in age groups is pretty astounding. I wonder what the reason is? Maybe younger girls are more prone to running away from home, or are more likely to be taken away by a parent in a custody dispute?

It's all Amber's fault. Those Amber alert things started, and the amount of public attention paid to missing youth - especially females - predictably shot right up. Milk cartons... sheesh.
Maybe if it turns out he was abducted and murdered, they can create a Laundrie alert system thing to compete? I bet it would make some people feel better...

Coroner Reveals Precisely How Gabby Petito Was Killed

Wyoming authorities on Tuesday announced the cause of death for Gabby Petito, 22, who disappeared while on a cross-country van trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie and whose body turned up weeks later.

The cause of Petito’s death was “death by strangulation,” according to Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue.

Blue said Petito died about three to four weeks before her remains were found during a search on Sept. 19. Blue reiterated, however, that Petito’s death certificate will not contain a specific date of death. In the State of Wyoming, death certificates allow an “approximate” date of death and some “variability” surrounding the date of death, Blue said.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the teenage girls running away from home do find sexual abuse, whatever their life was like at home.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the teenage girls running away from home do find sexual abuse, whatever their life was like at home.

Which has nothing to do with my point.

Just read the FBI has confirmed remains found to be Laundrie.

It'll be of mild interest to know what caused his death. A few different possibilities.

Such an absolutely remarkable waste of life.

Back
Top Bottom