• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Missing White Blonde Female in News

Her likely body was found. The groom to be hasn't been making himself available, and it seems extraordinarily unlikely he didn't kill her.

The boyfriend is following his counsel's advice, and I don't blame him for not talking to the police. Even if he is innocent and knows nothing about the circumstances of Gabby's death (assuming the recovered human remains are conclusively identified to be the missing woman in question), talking to the police will almost certainly do nothing to clear his name, and whatever he says will only make him more vulnerable to prosecution.

Her likely body was found. The groom to be hasn't been making himself available, and it seems extraordinarily unlikely he didn't kill her.

The boyfriend is following his counsel's advice, and I don't blame him for not talking to the police. Even if he is innocent and knows nothing about the circumstances of Gabby's death (assuming the recovered human remains are conclusively identified to be the missing woman in question), talking to the police will almost certainly do nothing to clear his name, and whatever he says will only make him more vulnerable to prosecution.

Not fully cooperating in things like this is suspicious. You can have a lawyer present for questioning.

If you are totally innocent then you can answer any question honestly.

This was supposedly somebody he cared about.

An innocent person would want her killer found.

Not fully cooperating in things like this is suspicious.

Not according to the law.

You can have a lawyer present for questioning.

Answering police questions could help with his conviction. Nothing he says to the police can be used by the defense in a court of law, and everything he says can be used by the prosecution to convict him. The US justice system provides zero rewards for cooperating with the police, and doing so can place you in legal jeopardy, innocent or guilty.

This was supposedly somebody he cared about.

An innocent person would want her killer found.

True. But the smart thing to do would be to listen to his counsel, and no counsel worth his salt would advise their clients to talk to the police in a situation like this.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE&t=1587s[/YOUTUBE]

It's disgusting. If there was an accident or she killed herself, then why didn't he report it right then and there? This is supposedly his bride to be and he had no problem talking to the Moab police. But no, instead he took her van, drove home and said nothing to anyone. This is more than 'just lawyering up and not answering questions'.

Not fully cooperating in things like this is suspicious.

Not according to the law.
Yes. Going on a vacation with your fiancé and returning without her, and not telling anyone... that is suspicious.

Answering police questions could help with his conviction. Nothing he says to the police can be used by the defense in a court of law, and everything he says can be used by the prosecution to convict him. The US justice system provides zero rewards for cooperating with the police, and doing so can place you in legal jeopardy, innocent or guilty.
That would be the reason to have a lawyer. If he has lawyered up... do we even know where he is... the lawyer provides the interface to prevent conviction based answers.

Yes. Going on a vacation with your fiancé and returning without her, and not telling anyone... that is suspicious.

That would be the reason to have a lawyer. If he has lawyered up... do we even know where he is... the lawyer provides the interface to prevent conviction based answers.

Did you watch the video about why it is always a bad idea to talk to the police? I suggest you do that, since it directly addresses the points you are making.

The Constitution gives people the right to remain silent and not cooperate with the police. Exercising this right cannot be construed as evidence of guilt in a court of law.

gab.jpg

COVID is thriving, thanks to anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers, the Climate Crisis is ongoing and may portend the EOCAWKI.
At least Gabby is dead.

Well, they have a team of divers heading out to the Reserve the guy allegedly went to. While I'd want the killer of someone to have justice served, ending up in the bellies of several alligators works too.

Personally, I thought the Reserve thing was a decoy, but they must have video indicating it isn't. I can't imagine diving into any body of water that isn't an ocean in Florida.

That said, I too, wish all missing women were given the same attention.
But not missing men?

Of course. It's just not as common, but YES, missing men should receive the exact same coverage as missing women.

You sure about that? Or is that just your impression from watching the news? Here's a breakdown of NCIC missing persons files in the United State in 2020 by gender, split into two age cohorts (under and over 21):

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240387/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-age/

Interestingly, the two cohorts skew differently. But my impression is that it is "roughly the same" taken overall. About 30 thousand more missing women under 21 than missing men under 21, and about 30 thousand more missing men over 21 than missing women over 21.

It's disgusting. If there was an accident or she killed herself, then why didn't he report it right then and there? This is supposedly his bride to be and he had no problem talking to the Moab police. But no, instead he took her van, drove home and said nothing to anyone. This is more than 'just lawyering up and not answering questions'.

Exactly. His actions scream guilt. I could see an accidental self-defense killing (we have record of her being abusive--I can picture her attacking and he pushed her away, causing a fall) causing a panic reaction but once he lawyered up his lawyer would have set him straight.

Of course. It's just not as common, but YES, missing men should receive the exact same coverage as missing women.

You sure about that? Or is that just your impression from watching the news? Here's a breakdown of NCIC missing persons files in the United State in 2020 by gender, split into two age cohorts (under and over 21):

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240387/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-age/

Interestingly, the two cohorts skew differently. But my impression is that it is "roughly the same" taken overall. About 30 thousand more missing women under 21 than missing men under 21, and about 30 thousand more missing men over 21 than missing women over 21.

That disparity in age groups is pretty astounding. I wonder what the reason is? Maybe younger girls are more prone to running away from home, or are more likely to be taken away by a parent in a custody dispute?

That disparity in age groups is pretty astounding. I wonder what the reason is? Maybe younger girls are more prone to running away from home, or are more likely to be taken away by a parent in a custody dispute?

Reasons why adults go missing

Some of the listed reasons skew towards males. Most of the missing hikers, boaters, snow mobile riders, and hunters we get up here are males. So are most of the homeless people and inebriates that go missing in winter and are found dead when the snow melts. But most of the adult victims of kidnapping and victims of serial killers in my state are women. They're the ones that get the most press, but that's not because of their gender. And adult white missing persons get more coverage than missing adult Native Alaskans.

Back
Top Bottom