• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $778. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

Missing White Male

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
No, the issue is your baseless assertions about when and why police make a sincere effort to find missing persons. You aren't excusing the failure to find a missing person, you're excusing not even trying. And you immediately started talking about prostitutes as though you think any woman who is reported missing is most likely a whore.

Well, this thread was started in response to a report of a missing man. The guy is suspected of being a murderer. Considering how typical it is for murderers to be men, and how typical it is for murderers to go into hiding, would it be fair to assume that missing men are typically murderers?

I feel like the logic is the same. Sounds like what Loren is saying, yes.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, the issue is your baseless assertions about when and why police make a sincere effort to find missing persons. You aren't excusing the failure to find a missing person, you're excusing not even trying. And you immediately started talking about prostitutes as though you think any woman who is reported missing is most likely a whore.

Well, this thread was started in response to a report of a missing man. The guy is suspected of being a murderer. Considering how typical it is for murderers to be men, and how typical it is for murderers to go into hiding, would it be fair to assume that missing men are typically murderers?

I feel like the logic is the same. Sounds like what Loren is saying, yes.

I disagree. Most missing people (and I don't think he's missing, anyway--hiding and missing are different) are not murderers. I am saying most people who are missing have actually left by their own free will. Appreciable effort is only expended on cases where it appears that it is not voluntarily.

There's been a search going on here today because a guy disappeared on our local mountain. People care because it's probably not voluntary. (Although prospects are not good. He does not appear to have been equipped for the conditions.) (Followup: He was found dead, although I have seen nothing about his cause of death.)

Last edited:
Human remains were found in the same area as personal belongings of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé who’s been missing for over a month, officials said Wednesday.

A senior law enforcement official says what appears to be partial human remains have been found in Florida's Carlton Reserve in a location that was previously under water.

There is no confirmation the remains belong to Laundrie.
https://news.yahoo.com/brian-laundries-personal-items-found-165700990.html

In another thread, someone was very upset that missing males don't get the same coverage as missing white females. So, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Brian Laundrie who went missing. It's possible in theory that someone killed him. I'm just saying...

It seems your theory was correct.

See post#10:
Don2 said:
Do you think the murdererer got him?

Personally, I am suspicious he did this to himself or could be still alive (in theory), but I am not making a final judgment one way or the other until the FBI estimates time of death, cause of death, does a DNA analysis, finds his phone, and comes up with a narrative...which should be very soon. So I am not saying that definitely a murderer got him, that he died by suicide starvation in the swamp, that he paid a murderer to kill him, that he faked his death, or was just some poor innocent guy in all this just yet.

Angra Mainyu

Veteran Member
See post#10:
Don2 said:

Personally, I am suspicious he did this to himself or could be still alive (in theory), but I am not making a final judgment one way or the other until the FBI estimates time of death, cause of death, does a DNA analysis, finds his phone, and comes up with a narrative...which should be very soon. So I am not saying that definitely a murderer got him, that he died by suicide starvation in the swamp, that he paid a murderer to kill him, that he faked his death, or was just some poor innocent guy in all this just yet.

While suicide appears improbable, that too would fit the theory I was quoting (i.e., someone killed him).

See post#10:
Don2 said:

While suicide appears improbable, that too would fit the theory I was quoting (i.e., someone killed him).

Yes, absolutely.

T.G.G. Moogly

Formerly Joedad
It's at least interesting, if not suspicious, that the father who just joined the search was the one who found the drybag and other evidence. Was it planted there?

Lots of things we do not know at this point.

It's at least interesting, if not suspicious, that the father who just joined the search was the one who found the drybag and other evidence. Was it planted there?

Lots of things we do not know at this point.

The K9 expert also says it is suspicious that the cadaver dogs did not find the remains if it was there at the time, even if underwater. It's really too soon to have a hard opinion, for me anyway.

In another thread, someone was very upset that missing males don't get the same coverage as missing white females. So, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Brian Laundrie who went missing. It's possible in theory that someone killed him. I'm just saying...

It seems your theory was correct.

Well, I have to give credit where credit is due. It looks like you were right that I was right.

Brian Laundrie died of gunshot wound to the head, final autopsy reveals

"Brian Laundrie, the sole suspect in the death of Long Island native Gabby Petito, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, a lawyer for the Laundrie family said Tuesday.

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” attorney Steve Bertolino told The Post. “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”

A forensic anthropologist determined the cause of death to be suicide.
"

blastula

Contributor
Travel the country in a van, they said, it will be fun, they said.

What a horrible outcome, destroying two families.

And of course, because humans, there are Brian Laundrie truthers out there claiming he is still alive that the family faked his death.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Really a shame he wasn't mauled over time by a few crocodiles, then left to drown under a log. Wouldn't have brought back the person he murdered for quite possibly a very very dumb reason, even amongst a pile of dumb reasons, but it'd been better than the 'get to get out of any long-term punishment for being a dumb fucking idiot who can't control their anger'.

I'm glad at least her family gets to know and that part can be closed for them. And it can't be easy for his family either.

Tigers!

Veteran Member
This reminds me of an older couple, 73 & 74, who disappeared in March 2020 in Victorian High Country. Much effort was put into looking for them. It did not matter than they were older. The strange thing was their camp site looked like someone tried to destroy it by fire. Many theories abounded but no bodies.
Last Monday a man was arrested.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...pearance-of-campers-in-victorias-high-country

Missing persons should be looked for.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
This reminds me of an older couple, 73 & 74, who disappeared in March 2020 in Victorian High Country. Much effort was put into looking for them. It did not matter than they were older. The strange thing was their camp site looked like someone tried to destroy it by fire. Many theories abounded but no bodies.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...pearance-of-campers-in-victorias-high-country

I've heard of that case--there was a strong suspicion of foul play but last I knew no hints as to who might have done it.

Tigers!

Veteran Member

I've heard of that case--there was a strong suspicion of foul play but last I knew no hints as to who might have done it.
A fellow was charged this morning with the disappearance and murder https://www.theguardian.com/austral...pearance-of-campers-in-victorias-high-country

Top Bottom