• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Missing White Male

If they go missing when not actually being prostitutes you're right. But the usual scenario is they are picked up by a bad guy. At that point they are probably by their own choice out of sight of security cameras and the phone is going to get turned off.

What makes you think a prostitute would turn off his cell phone?

Prostitutes use their phones to hook up with clients and get paid. I can understand why they'd turn off the sound, but turning off the phone would impact their earnings and might get them in trouble with their pimps. Plus, it makes it harder for them to call for help in an emergency, seeing as how they'd have to wait for the phone to reboot.

Do you have actual evidence they voluntarily turn off their phones, or are you just making stuff up?

You're being awfully blind here.

The hunters and hikers who get lost in the wilderness are pretty damn hard to find. The missing boaters and commercial fisherman are even harder to locate. Why are you assuming finding missing prostitutes is hardest of all? Are you assuming that they've been murdered? Because if so, that makes their disappearance a very serious crime that warrants a helluva lot more investigative resources than finding some random guy who tried to create a shortcut in a wild area.

The issue is you have no trail to follow.

Somebody missing in the wilderness, you normally have a good idea of what they were planning. It is very unlikely they are trying to avoid being found--a good search & rescue guy can look at the situation and make pretty good guesses of what somebody in distress would do in trying to get help. And note that most of the search effort is usually by volunteers.

The missing prostitute, however, was in all probability snatched by someone who will be seeking to obscure their trail. Generally there will be zero information as to where they went. Phones certainly can be traced until you're too far off the grid, but the bad guys know that and will turn off or destroy the phone. Once it's off the trail goes cold. Think anyone's going to get the plate of the car she got into? And even if they do how do you know that's the bad guy rather than just a previous client?

No, the issue is your baseless assertions about when and why police make a sincere effort to find missing persons. You aren't excusing the failure to find a missing person, you're excusing not even trying. And you immediately started talking about prostitutes as though you think any woman who is reported missing is most likely a whore.

Well, this thread was started in response to a report of a missing man. The guy is suspected of being a murderer. Considering how typical it is for murderers to be men, and how typical it is for murderers to go into hiding, would it be fair to assume that missing men are typically murderers?

I think the biggest issue with prostitution is that business happens quite often where there is little oversight, no vetting, combined with the fact that prostitutes will quite often get into strangers' cars.

I agree that anyone who gets into someone else's car willingly, without someone recording details (and note that cars for this purpose used by a smart killer will not be easy to tie to a killer), there's just going to be a HUGE uphill battle to get any leads.

It is absolutely the case that people should be more concerned that there are humans preying on vulnerable humans. The issue is that some people think "they're only prostitutes", perhaps not openly or even consciously, and then that involvement of effort to an already hard problem becomes "easy" to ignore.

I hope for Lauren's sake that he knows well how to force himself to sleep; I know I would not be able sleep easily at night knowing I had handwaved away deaths in such a horrid manner.

Your first two paragraphs explain exactly why I said what I did. It's not a matter of value, it's a matter of capability.

If there is no detectable connection between killer and victim, no slip-up at the time and nobody talks the chances of getting caught are about zero.

The thing is, you claim it's a "waste of resources". It's not. It's a proper use of resources that they just won't put in because they don't think the victims are worth it.

Every victim is worth every resource it takes, even if it's hard. Sometimes especially when it's hard.

Of course part of it comes from the fact of how the police are already misusing their resources to shut down sites that enable safer prostitution practices.

The issue here is that it's fucking disgusting to say "these people are expensive to care about", when it's just as expensive to waste so much money on looking for rich white chicks rather than just investigating their romantic partner.

The unstated part of your statement is "and they just don't matter enough to actually put in that effort."

Resources aren't infinite.

You'll do a lot more good putting the police time on crimes that can be solved rather than ones that are almost certainly futile.

The thing is, you claim it's a "waste of resources". It's not. It's a proper use of resources that they just won't put in because they don't think the victims are worth it.

Every victim is worth every resource it takes, even if it's hard. Sometimes especially when it's hard.

Of course part of it comes from the fact of how the police are already misusing their resources to shut down sites that enable safer prostitution practices.

The issue here is that it's fucking disgusting to say "these people are expensive to care about", when it's just as expensive to waste so much money on looking for rich white chicks rather than just investigating their romantic partner.

The unstated part of your statement is "and they just don't matter enough to actually put in that effort."

You'll do a lot more good putting the police time on crimes that can be solved rather than ones that are almost certainly futile.

You have no idea which ones are almost certainly futile and which ones can be solved unless and until you make a good faith effort to investigate.

It's the same with reports of rape and sexual assault. The FBI agents who blew off the statements gymnasts made about Larry Nassar were a huge part of the problem. The failure to investigate is what enabled that guy to keep on molesting little kids.

A preliminary investigation might indicate that a missing person case lacks actionable leads. That's unfortunate but acceptable. But not investigating a report at all? Not making a sincere effort to find a missing person? That's unacceptable.

Fox News said:
dog-bounty-hunter-fox-news-digital-for-newsletter.jpg
Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here's what you need to know as you start your day …

Dog the Bounty Hunter takes Fox News on Brian Laundrie tipster trial to campground tied to parents

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman is investigating a tip that alleges Brian Laundrie, the fugitive fiancé of Gabby Petito, went into a Florida campground 75 miles away with his parents in early September — but only two of them were seen leaving.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-la...-bounty-hunter-florida-campground-family-home

You have no idea which ones are almost certainly futile and which ones can be solved unless and until you make a good faith effort to investigate.

It's the same with reports of rape and sexual assault. The FBI agents who blew off the statements gymnasts made about Larry Nassar were a huge part of the problem. The failure to investigate is what enabled that guy to keep on molesting little kids.

A preliminary investigation might indicate that a missing person case lacks actionable leads. That's unfortunate but acceptable. But not investigating a report at all? Not making a sincere effort to find a missing person? That's unacceptable.

I'm not saying that no investigation should be done. I'm just saying that in most of the missing-prostitute cases there will be no leads. Even if you somehow found a car she got into that's not evidence that said person is the killer.

I do agree there's a problem with accusations against highly-placed people being ignored. Yes, there will always be crap allegations against such people, but keep track of them anyway even if you do nothing else. When you find one with a lot more allegations than the others you probably have an actual issue.

I'm not saying that no investigation should be done. I'm just saying that in most of the missing-prostitute cases there will be no leads. Even if you somehow found a car she got into that's not evidence that said person is the killer.

No leads? None at all?

Do you have evidence that supports this claim or is it merely your opinion?

I do agree there's a problem with accusations against highly-placed people being ignored. Yes, there will always be crap allegations against such people, but keep track of them anyway even if you do nothing else. When you find one with a lot more allegations than the others you probably have an actual issue.

There's a problem with accusations against middle- and lowly-placed individuals being ignored as well. There is an additional problem of rape kits being untested, and of test results not being entered into databases where it might be useful in investigating other reported crimes. Not to mention the problem of missing women being labeled prostitutes who are then blamed for their own misfortune.

And then there's the problem of cops doing as you suggest - ignoring reported rapes until there are more allegations i.e. more victims.

How many reports of rape does it take to get the cops to investigate the alleged crime? It seems to me the answer should be one, but you appear to be setting the bar a bit higher.

You keep making excuses for the police not doing their jobs when it comes to rape victims and missing persons. Why is that? Do you honestly think it isn't their job to investigate alleged crimes and sudden, unexplained disappearances?

Last edited:

Not to mention that not every crime that can be solved needs to be. I'm sure a lot of black folks around my town are really tired of police "solving" "easy crimes" in their neighborhood like "driving while black" and "walking while black".

I shit you not, when I called in a noise complaint at 1:00 AM , the Minneapolis Police Department tried to suggest I suggest they were dealing drugs. They tried to coach me into looking for things that everyone in the neighborhood does normally, and then adding those things to the complaint, but in such a shape as to imply a specific criminal intent.

I would rather put police time on every crime to evaluate it, no matter how much of a "pain" they think it is. Maybe then we would see that backlog of rape kits disappear. Plenty of evidence there just sitting on a shelf...

Not to mention that not every crime that can be solved needs to be. I'm sure a lot of black folks around my town are really tired of police "solving" "easy crimes" in their neighborhood like "driving while black" and "walking while black".

I shit you not, when I called in a noise complaint at 1:00 AM , the Minneapolis Police Department tried to suggest I suggest they were dealing drugs. They tried to coach me into looking for things that everyone in the neighborhood does normally, and then adding those things to the complaint, but in such a shape as to imply a specific criminal intent.

I would rather put police time on every crime to evaluate it, no matter how much of a "pain" they think it is. Maybe then we would see that backlog of rape kits disappear. Plenty of evidence there just sitting on a shelf...

Tell the legislature to fund it.

No, the issue is your baseless assertions about when and why police make a sincere effort to find missing persons. You aren't excusing the failure to find a missing person, you're excusing not even trying. And you immediately started talking about prostitutes as though you think any woman who is reported missing is most likely a whore.

Well, this thread was started in response to a report of a missing man. The guy is suspected of being a murderer. Considering how typical it is for murderers to be men, and how typical it is for murderers to go into hiding, would it be fair to assume that missing men are typically murderers?

I feel like the logic is the same. Sounds like what Loren is saying, yes.

I feel like the logic is the same. Sounds like what Loren is saying, yes.

I disagree. Most missing people (and I don't think he's missing, anyway--hiding and missing are different) are not murderers. I am saying most people who are missing have actually left by their own free will. Appreciable effort is only expended on cases where it appears that it is not voluntarily.

There's been a search going on here today because a guy disappeared on our local mountain. People care because it's probably not voluntary. (Although prospects are not good. He does not appear to have been equipped for the conditions.) (Followup: He was found dead, although I have seen nothing about his cause of death.)

Last edited:
Human remains were found in the same area as personal belongings of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé who’s been missing for over a month, officials said Wednesday.

A senior law enforcement official says what appears to be partial human remains have been found in Florida's Carlton Reserve in a location that was previously under water.

There is no confirmation the remains belong to Laundrie.
https://news.yahoo.com/brian-laundries-personal-items-found-165700990.html

In another thread, someone was very upset that missing males don't get the same coverage as missing white females. So, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Brian Laundrie who went missing. It's possible in theory that someone killed him. I'm just saying...

It seems your theory was correct.

In another thread, someone was very upset that missing males don't get the same coverage as missing white females. So, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Brian Laundrie who went missing. It's possible in theory that someone killed him. I'm just saying...

It seems your theory was correct.

See post#10:
Don2 said:
Do you think the murdererer got him?

Personally, I am suspicious he did this to himself or could be still alive (in theory), but I am not making a final judgment one way or the other until the FBI estimates time of death, cause of death, does a DNA analysis, finds his phone, and comes up with a narrative...which should be very soon. So I am not saying that definitely a murderer got him, that he died by suicide starvation in the swamp, that he paid a murderer to kill him, that he faked his death, or was just some poor innocent guy in all this just yet.

See post#10:
Don2 said:

Personally, I am suspicious he did this to himself or could be still alive (in theory), but I am not making a final judgment one way or the other until the FBI estimates time of death, cause of death, does a DNA analysis, finds his phone, and comes up with a narrative...which should be very soon. So I am not saying that definitely a murderer got him, that he died by suicide starvation in the swamp, that he paid a murderer to kill him, that he faked his death, or was just some poor innocent guy in all this just yet.

While suicide appears improbable, that too would fit the theory I was quoting (i.e., someone killed him).

See post#10:
Don2 said:

While suicide appears improbable, that too would fit the theory I was quoting (i.e., someone killed him).

Yes, absolutely.

It's at least interesting, if not suspicious, that the father who just joined the search was the one who found the drybag and other evidence. Was it planted there?

Lots of things we do not know at this point.

It's at least interesting, if not suspicious, that the father who just joined the search was the one who found the drybag and other evidence. Was it planted there?

Lots of things we do not know at this point.

The K9 expert also says it is suspicious that the cadaver dogs did not find the remains if it was there at the time, even if underwater. It's really too soon to have a hard opinion, for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom