• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More female privilege

Nor did I say: Black women receive harsher sentences than white women.

Nor did I say: Black women receive lighter sentences than black men.

I specifically mentioned women, because we showed studies upthread showing women getting lighter sentencing than men due to what the researchers call "Chivalry", and I specifically referenced black men, because they have the worst of both biases.

Like I said: you (and a lot of people) really don't quite get that the standard or baseline against which everyone is measured is white male.

OK. Let's make the question gender neutral. We're asking whither more privilege. Happy?

Like I said: you (and a lot of people) really don't quite get that the standard or baseline against which everyone is measured is white male.

OK. Let's make the question gender neutral. We're asking whither more privilege. Happy?

Let's make the question more basic. What is the purpose of a criminal sentence?

Social sanctioning, vengeance!!

Although yours is an on-its-head statement I think its more productive than either the the OP or my recommendation.

Although yours is an on-its-head statement I think its more productive than either the the OP or my recommendation.

Vengeance is a waste of resources. If vengeance had any place in this sort of thing, we could dispense with courts and juries and simply let the family of the victim handle the problem.

Vengeance is a waste of resources. If vengeance had any place in this sort of thing, we could dispense with courts and juries and simply let the family of the victim handle the problem.

no, no, no, no, no, ..... Social this and that is a social thing not a personal thing when regulated. Permitting individuals to do what they will defeats the entire idea of society./sheesh

no, no, no, no, no, ..... Social this and that is a social thing not a personal thing when regulated. Permitting individuals to do what they will defeats the entire idea of society./sheesh

So does vengeance. Practiced by individuals or by the state.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom