• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More Trouble In Israel

This is quite doubtful. Most Westerners who hate Jews, hate Muslims as well.

I don't agree at all. There's an ideological divide. The left love Muslims and hate Jews. The right hate Muslims, but tolerate Jews.

Hatred of Israel does NOT imply hatred of Jews. (Do you think hatred of Hamas implies hatred of Muslims?)

Correct. Hatred of Israel does not imply a hatred of Jews. And it's hard to put a number on it, but my general impression is that something like 5/10 who hate Israel also hate Jews. Not that they will admit to it.

A lot of de facto racists deny being racists. They will instead say they're against various proxy things specific for the group they hate, and then be furiously opposed to this thing. For example, Islamic head coverings, gets a lot of attention. It's seen as anti-feminist and so on. It's the same deal with these leftists opposed to Israel. So much of what they're against is irrational.

Leftists keep calling Israel an apartheid state completely ignoring that the "Jewish" region of Israel has an Arab population of 20% who have the same freedoms as the Jews. Also, protected by the law. They have more legal protections than Jews.

When a big bully is stealing from a small brat and pounding him until his bones break, the urgent need is to stop the bully. Until then, reprimanding the brat is not a priority.

Iran and Russia are not small brats. They're using the Palestinians to attack Israel. The Israel Palestinian conflict is a cold proxy war between super powers.

I think you are being awfully naive here.

Nearly all of us agree that Israel has the right to defend itself. But it does NOT have the right to steal Palestinian land and to treat the Palestinians as subhumans to be humiliated. Even those of you who regard the Palestinians as subhumans must understand that such Israeli behavior does not promote peace.

I don't think Israel treats subhumans to be humiliated. The Palestinians who live in Israel live normal lives just fine.

Back
Top Bottom