• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Musical suggestions

gmbteach

Mrs Frizzle
Basic Beliefs
On my journey :D
Hi all,

Bilby and I are currently trying to compile two lists of music. One for the ceremony and one for the reception. Times are approximate

For the ceremony we need:
1/2 hour pre-ceremony calming, easy listening music.
1 entry song for when I walk in
2-3 songs for while we sign our lives away - and
1 upbeat exit song.

For the reception we need a heap of different types. We want to keep the party upbeat but will have to cater for many tastes. For this I am seeking any songs that cross over two genres. For example 'November Rain' is a rock opera (which I wouldn't play as it is about a bride dying on her wedding day)

Any suggestions you have would be most appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

Lyrics in the description if you're curious.

Either the perfect song for a wedding, or entirely too obvious to play at a wedding. ;)

Last edited:

Lyrics can be interpreted one way as a midnight rendezvous between lovers, or as a duel to the death staged at midnight. Too racy for a wedding? OK, I better stop here, my recommendations are getting weird.

Well, here's a twice over golden oldie crossover...

It seems like every wedding I've been in as a groomsman or attended used Pachelbel's Cannon in D for the entrance song. It's used in movies a lot as well. I'm kinda tired of it, but it IS beautiful. Usually they start the entrance right around the 1:40 mark.

these are older, and I used them 6 years ago at my wedding.
Bob Marley, "Three Little Birds"
"Maria McKee, "Cover Me"
Esther Phillips, "And I Love him"

Really Good Ideas!

1/2 hour pre-ceremony calming, easy listening music. Stravinsky - Rites of Spring. That is very calming.
1 entry song for when I walk in Pink Floyd - One of these days. So somber!
2-3 songs for while we sign our lives away - and King Crimson - Thrak, Prozac Blues
1 upbeat exit song. Elton John - Candle in the Wind

Let's see, The Who - Happy Jack, The Police - Every Breath You Take, Dido - Don't Leave Home, Bob Dylan - Tamborine Man.

Better Ideas

1/2 hour pre-ceremony calming, easy listening music. Over the Rhine, lots of it
1 entry song for when I walk in
2-3 songs for while we sign our lives away - and King Crimson - Walking on Air
1 upbeat exit song. Spock's Beard - Wind at my Back

Back
Top Bottom