• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

My Wife Says I Make A Damn Good Pork Loin

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
I can get pork loins around here for $1.49/lb. US pretty regularly, so I make one about once a month.

Salt, pepper, and garlic powder the loin. Sear the outside on all sides in a hot, lightly oiled pan. Wrap the loin in aluminum foil and leave the top open. Liberally drizzle italian dressing over the loin then seal the loin in the foil. Place in a roasting pan and bake at 350-400 until the interior of the roast reaches 140 to 145 F.

Comes out tender and juicy. Great for sandwiches or as part of a main entree. Cheap, easy and tasty.

I forgot to buy italian dressing once so I used a combination of onion vinaigrette and honey mustard, and it came out pretty good that way too. My wife prefers the italian so that's what I use.

Southernhybrid's hubby does a smoked pork tenderloin on the grill that is to die for. He has a special container in which he puts the wood chips- mesquite, hickory, cherry, apple, pear- and heats the grill for a precise time, then cooks it for a time similarly exact. (I admit I'm a terrible cook, so I've never tried to duplicate it; but when they invite me over to eat pork loin I go, if it's humanly possible for me to make it. :))

So, when should we invite you for the next pork tenderloin feast? :) Fred's grilling has totally spoiled me, and lately we've been eating baby back ribs from the same humanely raised brand that sells the pork tenderloin. I can't eat any pork except for pork that comes from humanely raised pigs. It's not just the morally responsible thing to do, imo, a happy pig is a tasty pig, or so I've discovered. I do the same with chicken, but so far I haven't found a good source of humanely raised beef. I don't eat beef very often. I really don't like it other than ground sirloin for burgers or filet minion grilled with a tasty sauce. I admit it. I'm one of the fussiest people when it comes to eating meat. I could easily go vegan or vegetarian, if someone would cook for me. :D My cook loves vegan but he also loves meat, so I have to settle. I'm almost as spoiled as my dogs.

I can get pork loins around here for $1.49/lb. US pretty regularly, so I make one about once a month.

Salt, pepper, and garlic powder the loin. Sear the outside on all sides in a hot, lightly oiled pan. Wrap the loin in aluminum foil and leave the top open. Liberally drizzle italian dressing over the loin then seal the loin in the foil. Place in a roasting pan and bake at 350-400 until the interior of the roast reaches 140 to 145 F.

Comes out tender and juicy. Great for sandwiches or as part of a main entree. Cheap, easy and tasty.

I forgot to buy italian dressing once so I used a combination of onion vinaigrette and honey mustard, and it came out pretty good that way too. My wife prefers the italian so that's what I use.

I used to make something similar in a crock pot. Came out tops every time.

Easier to clean the roasting pan than a crock pot. I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it and break it.

I actually got lucky the last time and almost all the juices stayed in the foil so it was really easy to clean up.

I got that beat. Marinate pork tenderloin (be sure it's the tenderloin and not just "loin") overnight in Kikkoman teriyaki sauce (don't worry, it dissipates) with numerous sprigs of fresh thyme and fresh sage.

Next day, remove as much of the thyme and sage as possible (this is why you use fresh in the marinade). Sear thoroughly in very hot iron skillet (preferably using bacon grease as the fat, but peanut oil works well too).

Put seared meat in baking dish. Pour over it about a cup of low grade bourbon (like Bulleit), leaving just enough to saute, not braise. Squeeze a real lemon over it, then sprinkle more thyme and sage (but use dried, not fresh, on the meat) and generous amounts of fresh ground pepper.

Throw in a few more fresh sage and thyme sprigs into the bourbon on the side so that it infuses nicely while cooking. And be sure to squeeze a little lemon juice and slop some ground pepper into the bourbon on the side as well.

Place in oven preheated to 325-350 (depending on how your oven varies) for about 20-30 mins (or until internal temp of 140F; it will cook more on its own outside oven resting to 145, which is ideal). No need to cover in foil.

Every ten mins or so baste with the bourbon/thyme/sage/pepper/lemon/juices from the dish.

Out of this world.

That sounds good. I'll have to give it try sometime. And it's a good excuse for me to buy bourbon.

That sounds good. I'll have to give it try sometime. And it's a good excuse for me to buy bourbon.
Is it just me or does the title of this thread sound like the opening line of a crude joke.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom