• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NBA comes down hard on racist owner: Fox News defends him

Okay. Tell me about all the times you stood up for black people in the face of racism.

If I remember correctly from FRDB and IIDB, it was zero.

Feel free to disabuse me of this notion.

While you're at it, fill us in on all the times you stood up for women.

I'll wait...

If I remember correctly from FRDB and IIDB, it was zero.
You went through all my 15,000+ posts did you?
FRDB, IIDB and TR are discussion boards, not "give support board". Also they are/were quite liberal. I post when there is something to discuss. When there is no disagreement (like racism against blacks is bad) I usually don't bother.

No excuse me while I go not post about how sky is blue or that humans need oxygen to breathe.

It's pretty easy to see who is the real villain here.

Ya. The racist.

If the getaway driver for a murderer testifies against his partner in exchange for a reduced sentence for abetting the crime, is he the real villian as opposed to the guy who did the actual killing?

Well of course.

If we're talking about a member of the aristocracy, then we can't possibly hold them accountable for their own actions. What's the point of being rich if you can't use the affluenza defense? Oh, and if you think a member of the aristocracy should ever be held accountable for anything, this means you hate our freedom.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't understand why FOX News defends the rich guy in California, but dumped the rich guy in Nevada like a hot potato. Maybe the rich guy in Nevada isn't rich enough?

- - - Updated - - -
I have not followed the story particularly closely and its various developments in the last several days, but has there been any talk or action about involving law enforcement on this issue? Is he being charged with any crime?
The only possible crime is the issue of illegal taping.

Maybe you could let the members of the Ann Coulter forum know that then, as their verbiage about his free speech rights being violated are just a tad exaggerated and very misleading, since they actually are not. He is not being criminalized for saying what he said, just being punished by participants of the free market. They are striking the victim pose however they can though, even if it means getting their facts wrong in the process.

Brian

He violated rules of a private organization,
Show me where in the NBA rules it says that NBA has the right to police individual owners behavior in private.
As you pointed out, he's being treated as public enemy number one for his statements.
From the NBA's point of view, that's no longer behavior 'in private.' His statements have hurt his team's profits with lost endorsements. If the other owners do not clearly distance themselves from him, they face lost endorsements. The same public that's mad at him for his statements will tar the other owners with the same brush unless they clearly take steps to show they do not support his now-headline-behavior.

They're not policing his behavior, they're trying to save their investments. Maybe other NBA owners are just as racist, who knows? But at least they've managed to keep their mistresses happy enough not to out them.

To be fair, if you can't trust the sacred privacy bond that one shares with the person you are paying oodles of money to hang around you, because you are such poison nobody else would, to not record your conversations, we really all lose with this.

Back
Top Bottom