• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Need cooking ideas for residual ingredients

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Leftover from other cooking endeavors, I have some residual ingredients that I want to make go away creatively. Any ideas?

• Finely ground pistachios
  • 3 cups of brandy
  • kalamata olives

any ideas?

Leftover from other cooking endeavors, I have some residual ingredients that I want to make go away creatively. Any ideas?

• 3 cups of brandy
  • kalamata olives

any ideas?
You could add the pistachios and kalamatas to some bean humus, have it with crackers while you sip the brandy.

Here's a nice Dutch drink you can make with the brandy. Partner and I have done it a couple times now.

Be careful, though. It tastes so good that the teetotallers in your family will get drunk really quickly when they forget it's 40% ABV, as I learned while watching baseball with my mom at Thanksgiving this year, and last Christmas when partner's dad got a case of liquor rage.

Also, leaving it to sit for 6 weeks is just a recommendation. The drink will improve with age, but it's not totally necessary.

Make chocolate mousse with the brandy, throw out the other stuff.

• 3 cups of brandy
  • kalamata olives

any ideas?

The first two ingredients would make an excellent cake frosting. Does a pistachio-brandy frosting recipe even exist? If not, you could make your own unique signature frosting recipe that your kids can pass down.

As for the olives, marinade them in oil, vinegar and Italian seasonings and chunks of mozarella. OR just snack on those babies straight from the jar. :)

As it is the holiday season: buy eggnog. Put brandy in eggnog. Drink.

• 3 cups of brandy
  • kalamata olives

any ideas?

The first two ingredients would make an excellent cake frosting. Does a pistachio-brandy frosting recipe even exist? If not, you could make your own unique signature frosting recipe that your kids can pass down.

As for the olives, marinade them in oil, vinegar and Italian seasonings and chunks of mozarella. OR just snack on those babies straight from the jar. :)

holy crap - web search shows that there is such a thing as brandy buttercream frosting. My cupcakes will never be without this again!

- - - Updated - - -

As it is the holiday season: buy eggnog. Put brandy in eggnog. Drink.

I did not think of that. I have some eggnog. I have some brandy!

• 3 cups of brandy
  • kalamata olives

any ideas?

Any kind of pasta could use those.

Back
Top Bottom