• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson accused of sexual misconduct (and rape)

I tend to agree.

There may be a case for sanctions in the form of reprimand or condemnation, but not for a legal suit.

I don't even understand that. What is he supposed to be reprimanded about? Being flirty at a party? Oooo... what I crime. If shallow elevator talk about the weather doesn't lead to sanctions or a reprimand, then flirting sure as hell shouldn't.

I tend to agree.

There may be a case for sanctions in the form of reprimand or condemnation, but not for a legal suit.

I don't even understand that. What is he supposed to be reprimanded about? Being flirty at a party? Oooo... what I crime. If shallow elevator talk about the weather doesn't lead to sanctions or a reprimand, then flirting sure as hell shouldn't.

Well, I would say that as the 'incident' took place at a party thrown by his employers and that he is a prominent employee, that his employers might see him as an important representative of the institution, which relies to some extent on donations and popular support, and ask him to moderate his behaviour at institute events for that reason.

Or, to look at it another way, would you say that he should not have apologised for his behaviour (as he has)?

I tend to agree.

Well, I would say that as the 'incident' took place at a party thrown by his employers and that he is a prominent employee, that his employers might see him as a prominent representative of the institution and ask him to moderate his behaviour at institute events for that reason.

Or, to put it another way, would you say that he should not have apologised for his behaviour (as he has done for the tother 'incidents')?

An apology is certainly in order. If a man behaves in a way a woman finds inappropriate he should always apologise IMHO. It's her call what she finds inappropriate. He should probably apologise to her boyfriend. That's more serious, since he works there. But still, it's nothing to get upset about IMHO. And certainly nothing to report about to anywhere.

I stand with Neil.

You mean without having any real understanding of the circumstances and evidence, you've already come to the conclusion that the male is in the right and the women are wrong?

Gosh, and I was so sure you were the nice and logical kind of fascist.

I stand with Neil.

You mean without having any real understanding of the circumstances and evidence, you've already come to the conclusion that the male is in the right and the women are wrong?

Gosh, and I was so sure you were the nice and logical kind of fascist.

Ya, it's really kind of stupid to stand either with or against somebody until one actually knows the full details of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom