• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New report on climate change released today

Ten meters of sea level rise by the end of this century. I made that prediction in the late 1990's and I'm sticking to it. I don't think I'm committing Y2K madness. I had a good laugh over all that. Some of my friends were ready for armageddon, it was humorous to say the least.

We will have to apply technology to keep the planet from warming to that level. I don't know if we will or not, but if we continue down the path we are on the ride is gonna get very bumpy.

Quite the blunt title.

Yeah. It's not climate change, it's the heat island effect from all those huge industrial cities Alaska has built in the last couple of decades.

Apparently there's a big heat island offshore of Florida that is causing our record warm overnight temperatures on the east coast when there is an onshore wind and it is making that onshore wind more persistent than at any time in the 100 years or so that we've got data from Titusville, Melbourne, Vero, Ft. Pierce... It is even fucking with the USGS water level gages that are at sea level on non-tidal and tidal locations that show a linear rise in base level from 1900 to 1900 that curves upwards in the last 30 years of the series whether you are looking at the gage 236 km upstream in the St. Johns or the gages at the head of the tide in the smaller west coast rivers.
Bogus. Sea level increases can't happen because sea level can never be higher than sea level. :D

OMG. We're all doomed! We have 11 years left until doomsday, so live it up, love, be merry and drink, and for christ sake remember to wear your tin foil hats!

I was told that in regards to the "Climate crisis/emergency/Rapture" that Al Gore is irrelevant these day. It seems Teh Gruaniad and some folks in Australia didn't get the memo;

The renowned climate advocate arrived in Queensland to lead the Climate Reality Project’s training conference, an event aimed at training advocates on how to address the climate crisis, in what has proved somewhat awkward timing for the state Labor government.

Teh Gruaniad

I wonder how Al got his lard ass to Australia ? Also, how much is Al getting for this appearance ?

OMG. We're all doomed! We have 11 years left until doomsday, so live it up, love, be merry and drink, and for christ sake remember to wear your tin foil hats!
We fished the cod into extinction in the NW atlantic. We made rivers burn. we made the rain acidic. Huge assist in causing dust storms in the US in the 30s. We even put holes in the ozone layer.

We have effected the existence of wildlife, the ecosystem, and even the atmosphere.

This idea we can’t affect the climate seems so unbelievably ignorant of our history.

AOC isn't a scientist. Her predictions don't matter.

You still haven't come up with any doomsday predictions from actual scientists that haven't come true.

We fished the cod into extinction in the NW atlantic. We made rivers burn. we made the rain acidic. Huge assist in causing dust storms in the US in the 30s. We even put holes in the ozone layer.

We have effected the existence of wildlife, the ecosystem, and even the atmosphere.

This idea we can’t affect the climate seems so unbelievably ignorant of our history.

Or consider that most delicious fish, sea bass. It's been fished to the point it's no longer in the grocery store.

I was told that in regards to the "Climate crisis/emergency/Rapture" that Al Gore is irrelevant these day. It seems Teh Gruaniad and some folks in Australia didn't get the memo;

The renowned climate advocate arrived in Queensland to lead the Climate Reality Project’s training conference, an event aimed at training advocates on how to address the climate crisis, in what has proved somewhat awkward timing for the state Labor government.

Teh Gruaniad

I wonder how Al got his lard ass to Australia ? Also, how much is Al getting for this appearance ?

The Queensland taxpayers have forked out, so to speak, around 325.000 AUD to hear this charlatan speak. Oh, and he flew there in a fossil burning private jet!

You still haven't come up with any doomsday predictions from actual scientists that haven't come true.

None, not one prediction by alarmists has eventuated! We appear to be going in circles here.

Or consider that most delicious fish, sea bass. It's been fished to the point it's no longer in the grocery store.

Perhaps the non Western Nations, the third world nations should be issued with free birth control, or at least free condoms!

Change in rainfall patterns over the eastern continental United States over the last few decades are consistent with predictions associated with a warming climate. May was the warmest on record here. It beat the previous record that was set in 2017. Eleven of the top 12 warmest May, June, July, August, September have occurred in the last 12 years. 1945 is the outlier in the dataset. I'd really like to know what was going on in 1945 as that year really stands out in the time series. It was 80F here at daybreak yesterday. That was the warmest for that date in 100 years of record keeping. Today it was 79F at daybreak. Tied the record. For the last 11 consecutive summers were have set dozens of record warm minimum temperatures during our May-October warm season without seeing a single record low temperature. That sure seems like a warmer climate to me and not just random variation in weather. The mean has shifted and the distribution of observed data round that mean has shifted. Those record warm minimums have come with higher dewpoints too. Dewpoint was 77F this morning. That is fucking miserable for exercising. 79F air with a 77F dewpoint has a lot more joules of heat per unit volume than what was a normal value of 71F air with a 70F dewpoint. Oh, guess what happens when that 77F dewpoint air gets advected up onto the continent?

None, not one prediction by alarmists has eventuated! We appear to be going in circles here.

The problem is you claim the scientists make bad predictions--but you can't provide any example of one. All you have is alarmists making bad predictions--and alarmists generally do that.

Statement on Climate Change from 18 Scientific Associations

''Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.''

The problem is you claim the scientists make bad predictions--but you can't provide any example of one. All you have is alarmists making bad predictions--and alarmists generally do that.

If this was a formal debate Angelo would not be allowed to make any more posts until he backs up his claims with even attempts at citations.

Every post that is not a citation of a scientist having made a failed cataclysmic prediction should be deleted. You are just a time waster Angelo.

Back
Top Bottom