• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New report on climate change released today

Change in rainfall patterns over the eastern continental United States over the last few decades are consistent with predictions associated with a warming climate. May was the warmest on record here. It beat the previous record that was set in 2017. Eleven of the top 12 warmest May, June, July, August, September have occurred in the last 12 years. 1945 is the outlier in the dataset. I'd really like to know what was going on in 1945 as that year really stands out in the time series. It was 80F here at daybreak yesterday. That was the warmest for that date in 100 years of record keeping. Today it was 79F at daybreak. Tied the record. For the last 11 consecutive summers were have set dozens of record warm minimum temperatures during our May-October warm season without seeing a single record low temperature. That sure seems like a warmer climate to me and not just random variation in weather. The mean has shifted and the distribution of observed data round that mean has shifted. Those record warm minimums have come with higher dewpoints too. Dewpoint was 77F this morning. That is fucking miserable for exercising. 79F air with a 77F dewpoint has a lot more joules of heat per unit volume than what was a normal value of 71F air with a 70F dewpoint. Oh, guess what happens when that 77F dewpoint air gets advected up onto the continent?

Not Summer, but an example of records made to be broken................................https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...coldest-on-record-in-northeastern-us/70006672

None, not one prediction by alarmists has eventuated! We appear to be going in circles here.

The problem is you claim the scientists make bad predictions--but you can't provide any example of one. All you have is alarmists making bad predictions--and alarmists generally do that.

If this was a formal debate Angelo would not be allowed to make any more posts until he backs up his claims with even attempts at citations.

Every post that is not a citation of a scientist having made a failed cataclysmic prediction should be deleted. You are just a time waster Angelo.

No citations? Then what's this, the Ireland Fling?

https://www.academia.edu/10969270/_...tific.UN_IPCC_admits_that_climate_models_fail

Change in rainfall patterns over the eastern continental United States over the last few decades are consistent with predictions associated with a warming climate. May was the warmest on record here. It beat the previous record that was set in 2017. Eleven of the top 12 warmest May, June, July, August, September have occurred in the last 12 years. 1945 is the outlier in the dataset. I'd really like to know what was going on in 1945 as that year really stands out in the time series. It was 80F here at daybreak yesterday. That was the warmest for that date in 100 years of record keeping. Today it was 79F at daybreak. Tied the record. For the last 11 consecutive summers were have set dozens of record warm minimum temperatures during our May-October warm season without seeing a single record low temperature. That sure seems like a warmer climate to me and not just random variation in weather. The mean has shifted and the distribution of observed data round that mean has shifted. Those record warm minimums have come with higher dewpoints too. Dewpoint was 77F this morning. That is fucking miserable for exercising. 79F air with a 77F dewpoint has a lot more joules of heat per unit volume than what was a normal value of 71F air with a 70F dewpoint. Oh, guess what happens when that 77F dewpoint air gets advected up onto the continent?

Not Summer, but an example of records made to be broken................................https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...coldest-on-record-in-northeastern-us/70006672

Why are you igoring the mean and freqency distribution?

If this was a formal debate Angelo would not be allowed to make any more posts until he backs up his claims with even attempts at citations.

Every post that is not a citation of a scientist having made a failed cataclysmic prediction should be deleted. You are just a time waster Angelo.

https://www.academia.edu/10969270/_...tific.UN_IPCC_admits_that_climate_models_fail

Note where it's published: "Natural News".

Nothing more need be said.

He doesn’t know what they mean.

Where I live, many records have been monthly, not daily, which indicates the extent of the abnormal weather.

Isn't that image a little dishonest and alarmists? The North Polar ice cap has been increasing and decreasing for hundreds of thousands of years. In the last ice age, it covered most of Siberia and Northern Europe just 10.000 years ago. The blink of an eye measured in geological time.

Last edited:

Note where it's published: "Natural News".

Nothing more need be said.

Facebook on Sunday removed the page for Natural News, a far-right conspiracy outlet that had nearly 3 million followers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/facebook-removes-conspiracy-site-natural-news/

Why do lovers of far-right conspiracy sites always claim that they are being censored, whenever the owners of a platform decide to stop hosting their moronic drivel?

Censorship is a matter of law. Facebook cannot censor anyone or anything.

If your opinions are crazy and harmful, then you deserve to have people refuse to host them.

But in this case, there's not even any suggestion that the content of this utter sinkhole of foetid disinformation has caused the deletion of their Facebook page - instead Facebook have accused Natural News of spamming.

Just because they get you for something doesn't mean your paranoia is justified.

I remember reading a couple articles from Natural News that were a bit accurate about "Big Pharma" or similar - which is not hard if they covered an actual story of true malfeasenace.

Then I read some other articles and realized they were full of shit, they were actually dangerously wrong.

I am not sure what Facebook should do about this as it relates to them sort of being an editor/publisher by deleting the Natural News Facebook account. What are the legal implications?

Why do lovers of far-right conspiracy sites always claim that they are being censored, whenever the owners of a platform decide to stop hosting their moronic drivel?

Censorship is a matter of law. Facebook cannot censor anyone or anything.

If your opinions are crazy and harmful, then you deserve to have people refuse to host them.

But in this case, there's not even any suggestion that the content of this utter sinkhole of foetid disinformation has caused the deletion of their Facebook page - instead Facebook have accused Natural News of spamming.

Just because they get you for something doesn't mean your paranoia is justified.

Oh, didn't read the end of your post about spamming. Similar to the Krassenstein Brother getting booted off twitter for purportedly goosing their analytics, multiple accounts and so on.

I do not claim to know the truth of the justification for this action by Twitter.

https://www.cnet.com/news/anti-trump-krassenstein-brothers-rail-against-twitter-ban/

I remember reading a couple articles from Natural News that were a bit accurate about "Big Pharma" or similar - which is not hard if they covered an actual story of true malfeasenace.

Then I read some other articles and realized they were full of shit, they were actually dangerously wrong.

I am not sure what Facebook should do about this as it relates to them sort of being an editor/publisher by deleting the Natural News Facebook account. What are the legal implications?

A small amount of truth amongst the bullshit is hard to avoid, even if you are trying to lie all the time.

But that's not relevant - the question isn't 'do they always lie?', it is 'do they lie often enough that you are a fool to trust anything they say?' - and that latter bar is very low. If just 5% of their articles are total crap, you are very unwise to assume that any given article is one of the accurate ones. So it becomes essential to check with a more reliable source. And if you are going to check with a more reliable source, why bother with the unreliable source in the first place?

A shit sandwich is inedible. That remains true even if it's mostly steak and lettuce, with just a thin smear of shit.

It has been an interesting evolution of Natural News from a grifter selling his alternative medicine products to a full bore right wing propaganda machine. There was a time pre-2014 when it was my far left "spiritual" friends would occasionally fall for his anti-vaccine/GMO/chemtrail bullshit and post a ZOMG share of one of his articles to facebook. Round about the time that the Russians shot down MH17 over Russia little Mikey Adams went full bore pro-Russia and really started pushing the NWO global elite GMO liberals are "The Establishment" and all the popular far right conspiracy theories. It has been an interesting evolution. Is he a true believer? Did his discover that the Alex Jones demographic is a more profitable target for a grifter? Did he get recruited because his GMO conspiracy theories dovetail with popular theories used as propaganda by IRA? One thing is certain, he has no credibility on anything related to science to reading and debunking anything from his site is really a huge waste of time.

???

Back
Top Bottom